PDA

View Full Version : Gamespy - A Halo to perfection

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 02:56 PM
Dudes, is it just me, or does it seem like there are only a bunch of newbies on Gamespy anymore? I've either gotten too good (I'm actually serious...not being overly confident) or there are too many newbies.

I haven't lost for about a straight month now! No joke!! Has anyone run into similar situations?

By the way, remember one of our awesome XBoxadddict buddies named TY? I slaughter his ass all the time! :D

Ninja Scroll
03-12-2002, 03:01 PM
That's it, im getting on gamespy after I get off work to beat your ass in Halo waxy!

SIKE!! had you going bro!:D

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
That's it, im getting on gamespy after I get off work to beat your ass in Halo waxy!

SIKE!! had you going bro!:D

Oh man, you are one lucky dude for just joking...I would kick your ass so bad in Halo that you would be dropping bullet pebbles out of your ass for months! :D

JJaX
03-12-2002, 03:05 PM
Yeah everyone is a 14 year old that thinks there billy bad ass hosting on sidewinder in a one on one claiming they cant be stopped. Get the hell outta here punk. Im tired of those people. Honestly, Ive only played like 3 decent matches. MaX if i come on today ill PM you or look you up in gamespy. Maybe we can try out xboxconnector, NIK said it was like lag free and no one has an advantage.

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Yeah everyone is a 14 year old that thinks there billy bad ass hosting on sidewinder in a one on one claiming they cant be stopped. Get the hell outta here punk. Im tired of those people. Honestly, Ive only played like 3 decent matches. MaX if i come on today ill PM you or look you up in gamespy. Maybe we can try out xboxconnector, NIK said it was like lag free and no one has an advantage.

Dude, XBoxconnector is sounding very appealing. I guess you need IP addresses and stuff to be able to play, so, I understand that it's not as user friendly as Gamespy is. But, I still have yet to check it out...eventhough I said I was going to! Whoops! I just want to play so I have been really procrastinating it.

I'm somewhat novice when it comes to IP addressing, so, I have to do some homework on that. I guess it's pretty d a m n simple, though. Maybe there will be some more skilled players there :)

JJaX
03-12-2002, 03:21 PM
Actually NiK was telling me that there was like 5 servers running and you just pick the one you want, wait for the game to open and your in.

Maybe the 5 servers he got are for the halowars tournament exhibitons. Ill see if i can get them for you......

JimmieDoogan
03-12-2002, 03:23 PM
Yeah I suck at Halo. All the more reason to avoid online play. I have no interest in besting someone at the game anyway. For me, its about how much fun I have with the game. I can't have fun in a super laggy death match. Which basically means my bandwidth couldn't offer me a good enough play, as when I connect to anyone its allways stop and go for me, so I'm usually dead before I've even seen my enemy. And if they connect to me they complain about the same problems. When DSL with at least a 256k upload comes out in my area then maybe I can play with yall but as it stands my 128k upload is not good enough. See yall online when I see ya ;).

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Actually NiK was telling me that there was like 5 servers running and you just pick the one you want, wait for the game to open and your in.

Maybe the 5 servers he got are for the halowars tournament exhibitons. Ill see if i can get them for you......

Nice, dude!! Let me know...I need some competition...and no lag would be nice :D

But, even games that I am not hosting on Gamespy, I severely kick everyone's ass...I don't know...I guess I've practiced too much :D

Xtopia
03-12-2002, 03:30 PM
I haven't lost for about a straight month now! No joke!! Has anyone run into similar situations?

Dude, I kid you not, I was just about ready to make a thread about this same thing! Yesterday evening, I took on four "experts" and whooped em! It was 50 to 33 @ blood gulch!
I mean, JJax your better than me, (only because of your time machine) but I am getting better! It feels like every day, I gain a certain skill point in an area of my Halo playing....For example, Ill get better @ sniping, or close combat, or "De-tanking"
Max, we got to play eachother! Lets try out xboxconnector! Because, I honestly believe that we are about the same skill level! Heck, you and me might be able to take on JJax!!!

:eek:

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by xtopia

Dude, I kid you not, I was just about ready to make a thread about this same thing! Yesterday evening, I took on four "experts" and whooped em! It was 50 to 33 @ blood gulch!
I mean, JJax your better than me, (only because of your time machine) but I am getting better! It feels like every day, I gain a certain skill point in an area of my Halo playing....For example, Ill get better @ sniping, or close combat, or "De-tanking"
Max, we got to play eachother! Lets try out xboxconnector! Because, I honestly believe that we are about the same skill level! Heck, you and me might be able to take on JJax!!!

:eek:

Dude, that would be sweet! I remember you said that you tried out XBoxconnector.com...and, I was curious, how good is it in your opinion? I really am eager to see if it's better lag wise. Also, I hope to see if there are more good players on there now that it is getting much more attention.

All I know is that you and I need to play with or against eachother some how!!! :eek:

Azazel
03-12-2002, 03:45 PM
Dont be too afraid of Maximus. One of his biggest Allies is the fact that he hosts all of the games he plays. (Dont get me wrong he is a great player but not as good as he thinks). He said he kicks my a s s, however I have to disagree. Out of our last 4 games played he won 3 of them and I won 1, but the scores on 2 were very close. Given the fact that there is lag Id say some of them could have easily gone either way.

When someone else hosts and I whoop their ass, thats how I know I am a better player.

Oh BTW, if you guys want to beat Maximus sit over near the Rocket Launcher and Camo(Hang em high) and just pick him off with a shotgun because he goes for those 2 items every chance he gets. He is only 50% effective without them:cool: :cool:

Ty

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ty818
Dont be too afraid of Maximus. One of his biggest Allies is the fact that he hosts all of the games he plays. (Dont get me wrong he is a great player but not as good as he thinks). He said he kicks my a s s, however I have to disagree. Out of our last 4 games played he won 3 of them and I won 1, but the scores on 2 were very close. Given the fact that there is lag Id say some of them could have easily gone either way.

When someone else hosts and I whoop their ass, thats how I know I am a better player.

Oh BTW, if you guys want to beat Maximus sit over near the Rocket Launcher and Camo(Hang em high) and just pick him off with a shotgun because he goes for those 2 items every chance he gets. He is only 50% effective without them:cool: :cool:

Ty

LOL, Ty! You know I was just talking some good ol' fun trash! By the way, I do like that Rocket Launcher, but, I definately know that I am much more than 50% effective without it! :D

Oh man, I can't wait to see you on there again...You host, I win :D hehehe

The trash talk continues!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

And, while I am at it, I only go up to the Rocket Launcher when I play Ty because I like to see his body fly through the air a good 20 yards...it's priceless!!! :D

Xtopia
03-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Ya Max, I tried out xboxconnector couple weeks ago....I liked it, but it is not as user freindly as gamespy. And JJax, I honestly don't know what your talking about w/ 5 servers...Nik must have been in some Halo wars tourney...Here is what I did: you have to download this chat server...from their you log on to one "channel" of the chat server...which is xboxconnector...then everybody tries to advertise in a sense their ip...then when u get one...you type that in the xboxconnector software and then u should be able to play...however, About 9/10 of the people there cant get the right IP so it does not work. But ill try the halo wars thing...and see if i can just select a server.

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 04:02 PM
Well, XTopia...what you said was exactly the feedback I have been getting. To me, some of the best ways to go is to have some buddies over and have multiple people on the host XBox and only add one other XBox with a bunch of other dudes. No lag at all for either team :)

Azazel
03-12-2002, 06:44 PM
Haha, ya Im just playin too Max. Saw your post so I figured I better keep you in check!

Ill be on tonight.... (That goes for any member who wants to play)

Gamespy ID: TY

Ninja Scroll
03-12-2002, 07:23 PM
well, well, well,.. so there is alot of lag on gamespy and this other joint you peeps are talking about, huh...
reminds me off the horrorible experiences I faced while playing me Dreamcast online with stressful depressing lag in all the Sega sports 2K1 & 2K2 games. :(

I see im not missing anything online with my Xbox now.

I guess waiting for this summers offical Microsoft network online release is really worth it! :)

fanofslipknotib
03-12-2002, 09:20 PM
Hey Maximus....I know what you mean. I played on the same server for like 3 hours one night, and I won like 99% of the time. Oh, Maximus....would you consider me your toughest competition?:D

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
Hey Maximus....I know what you mean. I played on the same server for like 3 hours one night, and I won like 99% of the time. Oh, Maximus....would you consider me your toughest competition?:D

Dude, Fanofslipknotib! All I know is that you and TY are my most favorite dudes to blast away! For some reason you and Ty's Master Chief's scream like little girls as you fly through the air while I walk through the smoke to give both of you a nice little love tap with the back of my Shotgun! :D

hehe...Actually, it's always fun playing with or against you, too! :)

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
well, well, well,.. so there is alot of lag on gamespy and this other joint you peeps are talking about, huh...
reminds me off the horrorible experiences I faced while playing me Dreamcast online with stressful depressing lag in all the Sega sports 2K1 & 2K2 games. :(

I see im not missing anything online with my Xbox now.

I guess waiting for this summers offical Microsoft network online release is really worth it! :)

Dude, Ninja...you are definately missing a whole lot! The key thing is to choose people that have pings less than 150ms or so...if it's above, that's when you are not missing anything.

But, if you have, let's say, four dudes on your XBox and you only challenge a total of four other dudes on one XBox, there is absolutely no lag at all! Atleast, I haven't seen any...whether I'm hosting or joining...it's AWESOME!!! :D

Xtopia
03-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Dude, Fanofslipknotib! All I know is that you and TY are my most favorite dudes to blast away!

What about me! *sniff* *sniff* Am i just too good for ya!;)

Brevity
03-13-2002, 12:59 AM
Just wanted to get in a post to say my gamespy id is Brevity. And I am realy good I play only on the weekend b/c of school. Has anyone played me? I cant recall if I have played anyone here. Has anyone played impromt2, he is good. When I play a good guy (which is not often) I write there names down so I can find them again. Anyway see ya there.:cool:

Spike Minoda
03-13-2002, 01:18 AM
yeah no bull****. i am undefeated in online halo. 1-0. I killed a guy named AJRistheKing, 50-7 in a game i made up called Hunter Sux. it has the juggernaut settings so i guess i capped on him by being invisible w/infinite plasma grenades in blood gulch.

oh well. I am probably going to be on gamespy at 10:00pm PST on saturday (3/16) I will see if i lose or win.;)

hope to see someone I know. and people, don't call me a newbie because of the way i play. I have been playing since nov 16. just i have been on XBA for only a month.

fanofslipknotib
03-14-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Dude, Fanofslipknotib! All I know is that you and TY are my most favorite dudes to blast away! For some reason you and Ty's Master Chief's scream like little girls as you fly through the air while I walk through the smoke to give both of you a nice little love tap with the back of my Shotgun! :D

hehe...Actually, it's always fun playing with or against you, too! :)

Heh, some of the sounds Master Chiefs make when they get blasted are funny as hell. Oh, and go ahead...beat a man whie he's down...or in this case...dead:D

wweomaniac
03-14-2002, 10:26 PM
The only problem with Gamespy is it lags. If you are the host, it may appear as if there are many newbies, but you don't realize the packet loss that results from joining games.

Its often very slow for me in most games that I join, but out of respect, I stay in the game. Most times, I still manage to win (since I'm wicked awsome). But I will also lose sometimes. When I do lose.... the host calls everyone on my team a newb. I hate when that happens, because I know that I am one of the best Halo players around (not bragging, but thats what everyone says).

I always get headshots and can often kill shotgunners with assault rifles. Its the LAG that kills and causes deception.