PDA

View Full Version : Do you see Microsoft as a respectable first party?

hypertails
03-12-2002, 05:20 PM
We all know Microsoft is no Nintendo, however, they haven't failed at thier jobs. They have dished out great games such as Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham, Halo, NFL Fever 2002, etc. Do you see them as a great developer and first party with great games?

Frostberg
03-12-2002, 05:25 PM
Yes, they own the best developers!

l Maximus l
03-12-2002, 06:13 PM
My top 3 XBox games that I own are all made by Microsoft...so, undoubtably yes!

1. Halo
2. Rallisport Challenge
3. Amped

I also love PGR, Azurik, Oddworld, NFL Fever 2002 - all of which I own and are made by Microsoft.

And, yes..Frosty was right..Microsoft pays their game developers very well :)

rrenna
03-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Their pretty awsome, and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then sony.

What have they made other then GT? ... Ape Escape?

Hugh_Jass
03-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Most of the best games on the XBOX are first party games. That's cool because that also means they are exclusive to the XBOX.

GokuX
03-12-2002, 11:14 PM
Yes.

Heyyoudvd
03-12-2002, 11:34 PM
Microsoft itself? No way in hell.

However, they've bought great companies, like Bungie.
Microsoft itself is not capable of making great games. They just have the money, and they know what to buy and who to pay off, which in turn, makes their products (like Xbox) great.

Dre
03-12-2002, 11:35 PM
They don't develop or make those games, they just publish them. Big difference... but like Frostberg said they own some of the best developpers out there.

Lates.
Dre

GokuX
03-12-2002, 11:47 PM
I remember when the game Crimson Skies was going to be released for the PC and previewers talked to the developers who said they were able to make a better, more finished game due to a more extended schedule because Microsoft's main finances weren't dependant on selling games like other companies. I don't know if this has changed though with the release of the Xbox, but hopefully we'll see more polished games under the MS name.

shererboat
03-13-2002, 07:55 AM
only thing u need to know is that microsoft put out halo!!!
;) ;) ;)

Ninja Scroll
03-13-2002, 10:00 AM
Sony is the worse 1st party publisher on the planet, but Microsoft is not nowhere near the top.
For someone who just bought like 50+ independent development companies the are in the right direction. Microsoft as a console publisher has only offical been on the market for a mear 5 months.
If they keep the original revolutionary thing going with titles such as Halo they will be going nowhere but up!

AS far as the best developers overall, here's my picks:

1. Sega
2. Capcom
3. Square
4. Namco

Worst ever! :

1. Acclaim
2. Midway
3. Sony

E-Xbox
03-13-2002, 10:13 AM
YES!

Dre
03-13-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Sony is the worse 1st party publisher on the planet, but Microsoft is not nowhere near the top.
For someone who just bought like 50+ independent development companies the are in the right direction. Microsoft as a console publisher has only offical been on the market for a mear 5 months.
If they keep the original revolutionary thing going with titles such as Halo they will be going nowhere but up!

AS far as the best developers overall, here's my picks:

1. Sega
2. Capcom
3. Square
4. Namco

Worst ever! :

1. Acclaim
2. Midway
3. Sony

I agree with you, but to Sony's credit.. .the Gran Turismo series is (so far) unparalled in depth and longevity for a racing game. I own PGR and it doesn't come close to GT3..but then again.. the games aren't exactly striving to accomplish the same things.

Also, Midway is bad for consoles.. pretty good at the arcade, same with Acclaim. They always seem to have killer arcade games...but they never truly succeed in bringing the same experience to gaming consoles.

l Maximus l
03-13-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd
Microsoft itself? No way in hell.

However, they've bought great companies, like Bungie.
Microsoft itself is not capable of making great games. They just have the money, and they know what to buy and who to pay off, which in turn, makes their products (like Xbox) great.

Dude, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about! Seriously! Microsoft has THEIR OWN game developers! They actually make games and are in-house :rolleyes:

And, oh yes, we won't be expecting games like what Nintendo does...Microsoft won't milk a character for all it's worth...they make unique and new games.

How ridiculous does this sound?

Halo
Halo 2
Super Halo
Super Halo Brothers
Super Smash Halo Melee
Halokart
Halo Golf
Halo Tennis
Paper Halo
Halo's Mansion

Sound familiar? ;)

Chaotic
03-13-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Dude, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about! Seriously! Microsoft has THEIR OWN game developers! They actually make games and are in-house :rolleyes:

And, oh yes, we won't be expecting games like what Nintendo does...Microsoft won't milk a character for all it's worth...they make unique and new games.

How ridiculous does this sound?

Halo
Halo 2
Super Halo
Super Halo Brothers
Super Smash Halo Melee
Halokart
Halo Golf
Halo Tennis
Paper Halo
Halo's Mansion

Sound familiar? ;)