PDA

View Full Version : Any original XBOX collectors out there?

Ed Hunter
06-16-2010, 12:55 AM
I recently started seriously collecting the orginal xbox series of products. Unlike other gaming systems I collect, it seems there are very few forums for collectors. I am beginning to wonder if its becuase there are very few original xbox collectors. I am posting this message becuase I am trying to complete the set of xbox games and systems. It would be nice to exchange thoughts with others trying to do the same thing. Currently, I have just over 700 of the 950+ games published on Wikipedia and most of the domestic (USA and Canada) consoles. Specificially, I have

(1) the standard black;
(2) Halo 1 edition: translucent green
(3) Halo 2 edition: translucent blue
(4) Crystal Edition - translucent white
(5) Moutain Dew Edition - lime green ,
(6) Debugging Unit - translcuent green
(7) Translucenent Green Edition; and
(8) the launch unit, which like most of the other special editions is also translucent green.

All of the above are NTSC. I do have some PAL and NTSC-J systems, but I haven't really even begun to conquer the Japanese and European markets yet. I am currently looking for the Pepsi/Hulk, Tony Hawk Underground 2 to complete the domestic sets. However, if there are any other xbox collecters out there with limited edition international xbox's like the Kasumi Chan version I am always open to trades or straight out purchases. I also love the promo's, prototypes and demo's. Like most collectors, I really don't like selling my stuff. I prefer to buy or trade when necessary.

Are there any other xBox collectors out there? If so, what are you focused on collecting. I would love to hear back from anyone working in this area. Thanks!

Variation-XBA
06-16-2010, 01:31 AM
I've got a few of the originals lying around but nothing you don't have. Would love to see some pics of your collection though

Ed Hunter
06-17-2010, 01:22 AM
I would be happy to share pictures, but I am new here. Can you tell me how we exchange photos or direct me to the instructions? Is there a particular area of the site to upload them? Any help you can give would be appreciated. FYI, my collection isn't the nicely organized type of collection I see others post on Youtube or elsehwhere on the internet. It's more of the disorganized stack of stuff with a huge rats nest of wires type of look. It's not pretty, but I tried to make up for the lack of organization with overwhelming volume.

Variation-XBA
06-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Just dump everything to photobucket or any other picture hosting site then link it here :)

Justin Bailey
06-20-2010, 03:14 AM
i definitely want to see your collection. Post em up in photobucket!

MoonTar
06-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Here are the ones that I currently own

Halo 1 Green
Halo 2 Blue x2
Crystal
Mountain Dew
Smoke
Launch Console

I did have a Debug Kit but I got rid of it for some reason (wish I hadn't now).

hellonearth159
06-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Ed,
Nice collection...

Below are a couple of links to other collectors.

http://kaori30.com/index.php?action=liste&address=98&pos_offset=

http://cantstopcollecting.blogspot.com/2009/10/original-xbox-limited-edition-consoles.html

Also, these are links to sites that make custom consoles as part of various promotions:

(scroll to the bottom to get to the xbox section)
http://www.top-airbrush.de/spielkonsolen.htm

http://www.colorwarepc.com/imagegalleries.aspx

Regarding the Hulk Console, one sold on ebay last week for $1300
http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-CONSOLE-RARE-PEPSI-HULK-/260620525546

laughs
06-30-2010, 10:48 PM
My ex still has my original Xbox... I didn't want it back, because it's probably full of STD's/STI's or something...

Anyway, I think the original Xbox looked much better than the 360. Who's with me?

MoonTar
07-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Indeed, looks much better than the new one.

And I remember the guy from this website

http://kaori30.com/index.php?action=liste&address=98&pos_offset=

Pretty sure he does not have all those consoles. I remember way back when someone was selling one of those Fight Night Xbox 360s, and he added the Ebay pictures to his sight and the seller got mad.

He even has some of hellonearth159's pictures on there and put his website on the pic in the bottom right hand corner.

He stole the picture of the 50 Cent Xbox also from a guy on another website.

So in other words, if he claims to have all those consoles he doesn't.

DaveTBear
11-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi,

Due to recently discovering how much my Hulk/Pepsi Xbox is in demand, I've stumbled across this forum amongst others.

I'm hoping to see if there's any interest, rather than simply sticking it on Ebay and it garnering no attention.

If anyone has any information on how to get good results on Ebay sales, or wants any further information on my Xbox, please get in touch...

Ed Hunter
01-16-2012, 12:46 AM
So, its been a while. This is Ed Hunter again. It took me a really long time to finally move into my new place and take some of these things out of the boxes again, but here are some photos of the various xbox systems I have. I shot them right on top of the moving box, so nothing fancy here. I will repost once they are nicely organized and displayed, but as you can see the amount of time since my last post was a long time ago. I learned a bit about photobucket since my last visit here, so I will try to post pictures a little more quickly this time around. Here is the link.

http://s1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/darkhorse1111/XBOX/

So, my original question stands. Are there any serious XBOX collectors out there? I would really like to exhange information. I haven't found the XBOX wiki or other information sources out there to be very detailed about what xbox rarities exist.

Lastly, I wtb rare xbox systems and controllers. Please contact me if you have anything for sale or trade. Specifically, I really need the original xbox launch partner system, launch controllers, live controllers or dakota controllers. Box ad instructions desired, but not critical. Thanks!

MoonTar
01-16-2012, 01:16 AM
I bought one of the Partner Edition console for really cheap. Had a crack in it but for the price I paid you couldn't complain very much. Pretty much the only original Xbox console I have gotten in a while. Was about to buy a 2nd Anniversary but the seller had his own name engraved on the console when he bought it way back. -_-

Kinda wanting a Debug kit now. Probably the next one I will be looking for.

Ed Hunter
01-16-2012, 02:05 AM
I've found the transluc ent cases do have a tendency to crack. I'm not discouraged from purchasing very rare xboxes with cracks in them. FYI, I have an extra debugging system for trade. They are dirt cheap right now.

Different subject, has anyone put together a list of official/rare xbox controllers? I have the following:

Duke
1) Standard - Black
2) Launch - Translucent Green
3) Dakota - Greenish black and different jewel

S-Type
1) Standard - black with black jewel
2) Standard - black with green jewel
3) Translucent Green
4) Translucent blue
6) Halo - translucent green with halo jewel
7) Crystal
8) Xbox live - translucent orange with Xbox live jewel
9) Gray

I believe the special editions like the anniversary editions also have matching controllers.

MoonTar
01-16-2012, 12:26 PM
S-Type
Translucent Blue with white jewel (have x2) - came with Canadian Blue Xbox as well as Kasumi Xbox
Translucent Black with black jewel (have x1) - came with 1st Anniversary XBox
All White with white jewel - came with 2nd Anniversary Xbox
All White with black jewel - came with Panzer Dragon Ortaa Xbox
EA Edition - came with EA Xbox Live Xbox

All I can think of that you missed right now.

And would you want to just sell your extra Debug Kit? Is it the kind that says "Debug Kit" on the front?

Ed Hunter
01-16-2012, 04:29 PM
My preference is to trade, but I'm open to anything. It's the standard Xbox debug kit with the XDK dashboard. I picked it up in a lot of development systems from a game publisher that closed up shop. Comes with the correct hookups and a controller. No box, manual or software. It's in very good cosmetic and working condition. I was hopeing to use it as trade bait for something I need.

As an aside, I wasn't aware there was another kind of debug kit. It's that kind of information that I would really like to compile.

Kamshaft
01-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I have a unopened (plastic still on the box) Blue Halo 2 Canadian Xbox. I guess everything is for sale at the right price.

MoonTar
01-16-2012, 04:51 PM
My preference is to trade, but I'm open to anything. It's the standard Xbox debug kit with the XDK dashboard. I picked it up in a lot of development systems from a game publisher that closed up shop. Comes with the correct hookups and a controller. No box, manual or software. It's in very good cosmetic and working condition. I was hopeing to use it as trade bait for something I need.

As an aside, I wasn't aware there was another kind of debug kit. It's that kind of information that I would really like to compile.

There are some debug kits that are just standard black also. There are also the Alpha I and Alpha II kits. (The ones in the PC cases.)

As of right now I don't have anything to trade.

I have a unopened (plastic still on the box) Blue Halo 2 Canadian Xbox. I guess everything is for sale at the right price.

I hope you wouldn't be asking $1,750 like the guy on Ebay. That price is way to high.

Ed Hunter
01-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Very few things in the video game world are worth $1,750. There is no original XBOX system worth $1,750 to me and I have some rare ones. I sometimes wonder why people would research an item, and write a detailed auction listing and then come up with hava price so ridiculous the whole excercise is just a waste of time. If you want to know what this item looks like, you can just click on the link from my previous posting and have a look. I think its the picture right next to the beta machine.

MoonTar
01-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah all his consoles are way over priced. I have two of the blue ones. Seen here (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg220/scaled.php?server=220&filename=dscn0791o.jpg&res=medium) with their matching controllers. :) I only have the one box though. :crying:

Symmetric-XBA
01-16-2012, 06:32 PM
it's amazing how ppl inflate prices to try and get as much money as possible when in the end they end up just hurting their own image. when it comes to video games you have to understand that there will only be a limited time when the prices are high, but when you talk about old consoles the value doesn't carry over. granted there may be a couple hundred of these consoles in the world, but the original xbl has been turned off and development for games has stopped so the worth of the console itself has already taken a hit due to those two factors alone.

Its like the limited 360 consoles now. Don't expect their value to stay when the next console comes out. The same can be said for faceplates and games as well. Granted the faceplate market is now almost non existent esp. with the introduction of the new slim consoles and the fact that MS itself has abandoned support for them, but that doesn't stop ppl from trying to get cash from unsuspecting suckers. Limited games though seems to be where the last hurrah is as far as value. Games such as Dead Space Ultra Limited Edt., Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Signiture Bundle and the Tiesto DJ Hero 2 bundle which have very limited supply only carry a high price due to the fact that the 360 is still going strong, but once the new console comes out those prices and value should drop (unless the new console plays the 360 games).

MoonTar
01-16-2012, 06:49 PM
it's amazing how ppl inflate prices to try and get as much money as possible when in the end they end up just hurting their own image. when it comes to video games you have to understand that there will only be a limited time when the prices are high, but when you talk about old consoles the value doesn't carry over. granted there may be a couple hundred of these consoles in the world, but the original xbl has been turned off and development for games has stopped so the worth of the console itself has already taken a hit due to those two factors alone.

Its like the limited 360 consoles now. Don't expect their value to stay when the next console comes out. The same can be said for faceplates and games as well. Granted the faceplate market is now almost non existent esp. with the introduction of the new slim consoles and the fact that MS itself has abandoned support for them, but that doesn't stop ppl from trying to get cash from unsuspecting suckers. Limited games though seems to be where the last hurrah is as far as value. Games such as Dead Space Ultra Limited Edt., Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Signiture Bundle and the Tiesto DJ Hero 2 bundle which have very limited supply only carry a high price due to the fact that the 360 is still going strong, but once the new console comes out those prices and value should drop (unless the new console plays the 360 games).

I don't think the fact that there is no support for a console by the original manufacturer or if games are made anymore has much effect on the price. People who collect consoles don't buy them to play them so those features wouldn't matter to them anyway. Granted they probably want to buy one that they know works even though they never plan to use it.

Same thing probably goes for games as well. Rare older games still go for good amounts of money for consoles that aren't supported or don't have games being made for them anymore. Take the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition for example. If you paid $700 for a copy of the game still sealed in the box are you going to open it and play it? A good example of a rare original game that has a high price tag on it is Stadium Events for the NES.

Ed Hunter
01-17-2012, 02:41 AM
I believe both points of view make sense. In the long run many video games will never surpass the original MSRP. Many are produced in staggering numbers and while video gaming is a mainstream activity, video game collecting is not (yet). So, once manufacturing for a particular console ceases the vast majority of the game catalog loses significant value in the next several years that follow. For example, many PS2 and original Xbox games can be purchased for less than $5 usd, which represents a depreciation nearing 80%. Even most games or systems advertised as rare will never be rare in the traditional sense. I frequently see ads for the green Halo Xbox that refer to it as "very rare" and wonder if anyone believes it.

That said, losing the support of the manufacturer has not traditionally harmed other collectibles. I doubt the truly rare consoles, games, controllers, etc will lose thier value in the long run simply by losing manufacturer support or some functionality. Ultimately, these items will be worth what someone is willing to pay and it seems inevitable that video games will continue to follow the same cycle as other collectibles. Many of todays "rare" items will rise meteorically in value only to lose value once its considered obselete. When the item becomes retro or classic it will probably be rediscovered by more collectors and rise again in value. For the most part, rare items will have value in the long run and mass produced items will remain at low price points.

In any case, I think its a good rule of thumb is to only collect what you love becuase trying to make money collecting anything is something very few people can do.

The comments in my previous post were aimed more at the absurdity of some sellers. Very few items will sell for over 1k in the modern end of this market. Trying to get that kind of money for items that are manufactured in the thousands is laughable to me.

Anyway, good luck to all of you in your XBOX collecting. I hope many more will join us in the future.

Kamshaft
01-17-2012, 09:08 AM
I hope you wouldn't be asking $1,750 like the guy on Ebay. That price is way to high.

Not likely. :cool: Would be nice though.

Ed Hunter
01-19-2012, 12:41 AM
I am trying to put together a list of the promotional games for the XBOX. I don't mean the "not for resale" style pack-in games, demo copies or the beta games. Based on my experience, these were typically full copies of the games given out to gaming magazines or to retailers. I bought a few for the XBOX and a few more for the Wii from my local game store and would like to build a complete set for the XBOX if I can. Does anyone have an idea of how many games had promotional copies produced? I will do the research if anyone has guidance on how to get it done.

SpaceGhost2K
01-19-2012, 11:09 AM
When you're a collector, you pay the price for the items in exchange for the joy you get building a collection. You don't do it for the value of the collection, because collections like that almost always go down in value. I'd be lucky to get $10K for my collection which was worth over $25K at one time. There will most likely come a time when one of the plates becomes in demand for whatever reason it might be, and there will probably be one plate worth the whole $25K. Imagine collecting NES cartridges. 99% of them aren't worth a quarter anymore, but there's one worth almost $30K. Anyone with a complete collection still has a valuable collection.

Rlvers
01-29-2012, 02:40 AM
lol, i still have my halo 1 edition here :D

Ed Hunter
03-16-2012, 07:53 PM
I recently picked up an Xbox live beta kit. Does anyone else out there have one of these kits? I'm not 100% sure its complete and need a correct inventory of what was originally included.

Ed Hunter
04-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Is it just what I am seeing or are prices on the uncommon original Xbox items going up lately? Things I was picking up a year ago such as the launch Xbox, live controller and the Dakota controllers are selling for double. It's cutting into my purchasing power.

MoonTar
04-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Is it just what I am seeing or are prices on the uncommon original Xbox items going up lately? Things I was picking up a year ago such as the launch Xbox, live controller and the Dakota controllers are selling for double. It's cutting into my purchasing power.

Yeah, I just saw that Launch console go for over $400, crazy. Not as many sellers now.

EDIT: That Launch console didn't even include the controllers...

Maxx_
04-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Greetings Ed Hunter. I too am an xbox collector, although I'm a variant chaser as well. Here is a few pictures of my collection and various items in my collection.

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/boston7ts/

Variation-XBA
04-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Greetings Ed Hunter. I too am an xbox collector, although I'm a variant chaser as well. Here is a few pictures of my collection and various items in my collection.

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/boston7ts/

It's takes a LOT to make me jealous, but man, that's an awesome Xbox room

Maxx_
04-29-2012, 09:34 PM
It's takes a LOT to make me jealous, but man, that's an awesome Xbox room

Lol. Thanks Dude! :cool:

Maxx_
05-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Just checkin' in...

Ed Hunter
07-07-2012, 02:50 AM
Wow, now that is an amazing xBox collection! I have been looking for a handful of xbox variants for years now and I think you might have them all. I can't even fathom the time it took to run down all those rarities. It is truly awesome Thanks for sharing it. I would love to hear how you found some of the really special items.

Fortune
10-11-2012, 04:08 PM
I have the Halo 2 Collector's Edition Xbox Console- Translucent Green with Halo 2 symbol on it.(Brand New, Only Opened Once to look at it), and the Crystal Limited edition Clear(New, used once no box) I'm looking to sell.

I recently started seriously collecting the orginal xbox series of products. Unlike other gaming systems I collect, it seems there are very few forums for collectors. I am beginning to wonder if its becuase there are very few original xbox collectors. I am posting this message becuase I am trying to complete the set of xbox games and systems. It would be nice to exchange thoughts with others trying to do the same thing. Currently, I have just over 700 of the 950+ games published on Wikipedia and most of the domestic (USA and Canada) consoles. Specificially, I have

(1) the standard black;
(8) the launch unit, which like most of the other special editions is also translucent green.

All of the above are NTSC. I do have some PAL and NTSC-J systems, but I haven't really even begun to conquer the Japanese and European markets yet. I am currently looking for the Pepsi/Hulk, Tony Hawk Underground 2 to complete the domestic sets. However, if there are any other xbox collecters out there with limited edition international xbox's like the Kasumi Chan version I am always open to trades or straight out purchases. I also love the promo's, prototypes and demo's. Like most collectors, I really don't like selling my stuff. I prefer to buy or trade when necessary.

Are there any other xBox collectors out there? If so, what are you focused on collecting. I would love to hear back from anyone working in this area. Thanks!

Fortune
10-11-2012, 04:39 PM
A Collector must have

Ed Hunter
10-14-2012, 02:12 AM
A Collector must have

The Halo 2 unit your selling is a Japanese, right?

Ed Hunter
10-17-2012, 06:36 PM
I love that Halo 2 ce. I don't have one in my collection now. I really like the different logo on the top of the machine and the cool box. I just saw an expired listing for one on eBay. Was that your auction?

Ed Hunter
11-23-2012, 03:33 AM
I keep seeing and hearing that only 60 launch edition Xbox systems were made. Does anyone know how they came up with this information? I have been tracking these systems for about 5 years now and I think more than 60 were made. I think the number could be quite a bit higher. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Gamemaster
11-28-2012, 08:54 PM
I don't recall the specifics as to how many Launch Edition Consoles were made - I do remember feeling ripped-off that after all the work put into the project I had to buy it : /

The above pic shows my Launch Edition Console plus various other bits and pieces related to that era including;

The First Official Xbox Certification Submission Disc with commemorative mounting - this is the only one in existence as there can be ONLY ONE.
The XBOX Launch Team translucent green version of the console with matching translucent green controllers and AV cord - just 60 (?) were made. BillG's signature is screened in metal underneath the XBOX jewel.
The XBOX prototype replica model in machined and polished metal with illuminated XBOX logo - don't know how many of these were made. The original prototype was about 18"x18"x18 and looked just like the replica only larger - it couldn't help but make an impression on potential developers and publishers who saw it - I wonder where it is today? That said, at least the replica exists ; )
The XBOX Developer Disc with the original SDK bits.
The XBOX "Halo Test" (?) disc (haven't investigated contents).
The XBOX Fall 2001 Brochure handed out at E3 2001.
The XBOX "Collector Series Official Trading Card" full set in ABSOLUTELY MINT CONDITION made available only (?) at E3 2001. It says "Collect all 16" but for marketing purposes no card #13 was made.

Ed Hunter
11-29-2012, 02:04 AM
Thats an unbelievable group of XBOX memorabilia! I have been hunting down every available XBOX rarity for years and can't say that I have anything in the same league as you. Some of the items you have are true pieces of gaming history. I'm blown away!

Thanks very much for your reply on the launch edition units. Unfortunately, I have come across some fakes including some very good fakes, so I am trying to put together all the known facts about these units. I've found that information isn't easy to come by. If there are any facts about these units you can share it would be appreciated. Even facts that might seem irrrelevant may be helpful. I have spoken to other MS employees that bought the launch unit and asked them to describe the process they went through to get the unit including how they heard about it, what was available, how it was ordered, and what came in the box including paperwork or other correspondence.

I saw a few of your other posts including the prototype and cards as well as the one regarding value of the first official xbox certification. I'm sorry, but I can't be much help. I have not seen or do not know of anyone else that has a the cards or a prototype similar to yours.

With respect to value of the first certification there isn't anyone that can give you an accurate answer becuase it's a one of a kind item. It could sell for hundreds or thousands depending on when and how you sell it. In my limited experience, the high end xbox collectibles often sell to the same collectors. It seems like I bid against the same people all the time on the truly special xbox items and that isn't the case with other platforms I collect. I suspect it's becuase XBOX isn't as collectible as the older platforms because most of the kids that played them are not yet old enough to have the type of disposable income to drive a wide spead market yet. However, there are enough serious xbox collectors out there to drive this price up to a respectable level if you can let them know about the auction. My only advise is to try and spread the word to get the right people looking at your auction. It's especially important in this case becuase it wouldn't likely be caught in the saved search strings for rare xbox items on eBay. I know that what I have programmed in wouldn't have let me know this item was for sale, so I would have missed it if I didn't hear about it here first. Aside from postings in the xbox forums, you should also consider getting this up on gamesniped.com. I know many collectors of the xbox rarities look there for the unique items. As an aside, if you did put it up for sale, I would be one of the bidders. Anyway, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

If it were for sale I would definitely bid on it.

Thanks again for the reply. You have some amazing items.

Gamemaster
11-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi Ed - thx so much for the detailed reply! - I'll take everything you've said under advisement and I'll keep you posted if and when I put any of these items up for sale...

thx again - h

Kamshaft
11-29-2012, 09:30 PM
I have some too but all stored in my garage.

Gamemaster
12-28-2012, 05:05 PM
I've since put my Xbox stuff up on eBay (minus the XDK and Halo Test disc);

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200871372512

Gamemaster
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Hey Ed - I've tried twice to PM you on XA but my sent messages folder is empty - are you receiving any PMs from me?

thx - h

Audiman85
01-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi, I have a question I have a translucent green Xbox with a jewel that says "Thanks for Partnering" and has Bill Gates Signature. Would anyone have any info about it?

Gamemaster
01-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi, I have a question I have a translucent green Xbox with a jewel that says "Thanks for Partnering" and has Bill Gates Signature. Would anyone have any info about it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_special_limited_editions#Xbox_Launch_Team_and_Partner_Editions

Thx - h

Maxx_
03-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Looks like I missed out on the auction of the year. Oh well. It's not like I had that kind of cash anyway. Congrats Gamemaster!

DRxAndy
06-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Hey guys, not sure if anyone checks up on here very often but i have my hopes.
Used to collect xbox stuff pretty hard and have a couple cool things, a dakota, mt dew xbox (turned on once then put back into the box, and box that it was shipped to me in... i did steal the black S controller from it when one of mine conked out so its not fully complete but there was nothing special about the controller anyway) an e3 2005 major nelson stereo xbox live headset that was thrown to me from the balcony of the xbox party at e3, and bunch of other random stuff that might be of interest. I am trying to sell off so i can get cash for a shortly upcoming trip, so if there is any interest please let me know - i listed the dakota on amazon but the major nelson headset is so rare it's hard to sell on there and ebay it might go unnoticed.
i can take loads of pictures if anyone has any interest.

lucasmelluk
12-14-2013, 07:11 AM
I'm pretty new to this whole collecting thing and don't know I have have a piece of crap or something of value. Its a Lotus Xbox original steering wheel with signed books and concept art(almost mint). I'm looking to sell it and don't know where the best place for that would be? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Ed Hunter
01-07-2014, 10:22 PM
It's been a while since I last logged in and it looks like i've missed some great sales. The last post with the Lotus steering wheel is very interesting. Some quick advise. The best place to sell rare items is eBay where you have the biggest possible buying audience. However, its important to do your homework on the item, list it correctly, tell a good story and spread the word in the collecting forums. How did you end up owning it? I would love to see some pictures of it.

lucasmelluk
01-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Thanks for all the advice, its pot luck that I logged in here after so long to see your reply! I got the wheel off of my dads friend when the Xbox 360 first came out, as I was still using xbox original. I didn't use it much, so in the back of the cupboard it went. I only just found it out a few days before I posted here.

I would be happy to show images, I added them to a WordPress blog(I know its not the conventional method from other posts I've seen) http://forumimages.wordpress.com/

Thanks again,

Ed Hunter
01-12-2014, 01:21 AM
It looks like a Gamester USA racing wheel. Here is a link to some more information.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00008DWSV

I don't have one, so I am not sure if there is something unique about the one you have. It might be worth some research before you sell it.

tulloch
01-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Just dump everything to photobucket or any other picture hosting site then link it here

Ed Hunter
01-20-2014, 06:09 AM
In the past 2-3 years I have tracked down and purchased two of the orange XBOX Live controllers. I am trying to gather any data available about these controllers and welcome any input from knowledgeable sources. Here are some basic facts gathered from current or former Microsoft employees.

1) The XBOX Live controller was made to celebrate the launch of the XBOX Live service.

2) They were part of an award package given (not sold) to key Microsoft employees that were part of launching the XBOX Live Service. I was told that unlike the launch edition xbox, only Microsoft employees received the XBOX Live controller. I can confirm that Microsoft employees and some 3rd party contractors were allowed to buy the launch edition xbox.

3) The XBOX Live award package was called a "Ship It" award. The Ship it awards from Microsoft were given away to employees during the lauch of various Microsoft products and the award packages are different each time. The Xbox live Ship It award package included the special Orange controller and a personalized lucite plaque. I am trying to find out how many xbox live related ship it awards were handed out during the launch period, but so far no luck. Does anyone know the size of the xbox live project team? Does anyone know what level or title a Microsoft employee needed to have to qualify for the Ship it Awards?

4) The plaque came in a white cardboard box. The controller came in a plastic baggie, but no box.

Does anyone know more about these controllers. I have been trying for years to find out how many were made. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

MoonTar
01-23-2014, 01:08 AM
In the past 2-3 years I have tracked down and purchased two of the orange XBOX Live controllers. I am trying to gather any data available about these controllers and welcome any input from knowledgeable sources. Here are some basic facts gathered from current or former Microsoft employees.

1) The XBOX Live controller was made to celebrate the launch of the XBOX Live service.

2) They were part of an award package given (not sold) to key Microsoft employees that were part of launching the XBOX Live Service. I was told that unlike the launch edition xbox, only Microsoft employees received the XBOX Live controller. I can confirm that Microsoft employees and some 3rd party contractors were allowed to buy the launch edition xbox.

3) The XBOX Live award package was called a "Ship It" award. The Ship it awards from Microsoft were given away to employees during the lauch of various Microsoft products and the award packages are different each time. The Xbox live Ship It award package included the special Orange controller and a personalized lucite plaque. I am trying to find out how many xbox live related ship it awards were handed out during the launch period, but so far no luck. Does anyone know the size of the xbox live project team? Does anyone know what level or title a Microsoft employee needed to have to qualify for the Ship it Awards?

4) The plaque came in a white cardboard box. The controller came in a plastic baggie, but no box.

Does anyone know more about these controllers. I have been trying for years to find out how many were made. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Dang, I can't even find one of those controllers, let alone two. Or should I say at least someone that will sell one anyway. >_>

That is pretty much all the information I know about it. I only know of one person that has the "Ship It" plaque you refer to. Maybe your that person, lol.

The only thing I don't know about the controller that I wish was known is if it has a different part number on the back than a regular controller. Maybe you can enlighten? =)

Ed Hunter
01-23-2014, 03:40 AM
Thats a good question. I believe its the same part number, but I will check and post a photo. I'm traveling for a few days, so I will post a picture over the weekend. It's good to hear from you again. After our brief email exchange I decided to try and track down some more facts about these controllers. I haven't learned anything new so far, but I am still hopeful. I will post anything I learn. Thanks for the reply.

MoonTar
01-23-2014, 06:54 AM
Thats a good question. I believe its the same part number, but I will check and post a photo. I'm traveling for a few days, so I will post a picture over the weekend. It's good to hear from you again. After our brief email exchange I decided to try and track down some more facts about these controllers. I haven't learned anything new so far, but I am still hopeful. I will post anything I learn. Thanks for the reply.

Well, as much as I would want to know the number made and whatnot I don't think that number exists anymore. I am sure at one point that number existed but just like the original Launch Team Xbox it is all just a guessing game on the number made. In the last 2 months or so I have messaged at least 20+ Microsoft employees trying to find one either for sale or at least more information and have gotten no where. Only two even knew what I was referring to. >_>

Ed Hunter
02-15-2014, 12:02 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get my act together and reply. I dug out several different S-Type controllers and photographed the part numbers. The orange S-Type matches one of the black S-Type part numbers. Here is a link to the photos:

http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/darkhorse1111/library/S-Type

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know. If anyone else has knowledge to share, please do. Thanks to all.

Dang, I can't even find one of those controllers, let alone two. Or should I say at least someone that will sell one anyway. >_>

That is pretty much all the information I know about it. I only know of one person that has the "Ship It" plaque you refer to. Maybe your that person, lol.

The only thing I don't know about the controller that I wish was known is if it has a different part number on the back than a regular controller. Maybe you can enlighten? =)

xboxfan187
02-25-2014, 11:17 PM
Well I might as well post this here and try to get somewhat of a response to this rather burning question. Does anybody know how many collectible cards were released in the LOTR Fellowship of the ring video game for the Xbox, PS2, PC and Gameboy advance. I have scoured the internet and dug through threads looking for some sort of collectible card checklist for the collectible cards that were included in the retail release of the game. The only thing that I found so far is this rather old and I think defunct website showing what looks like an incomplete card checklist http://lotrcollectornotes.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/fotr-character-cards.jpg.

This is the 20 cards that I have.

http://i.imgur.com/Jni4SNV.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/x95rmcg.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/EutAbJC.jpg?1

any info would be helpful.

And Ed I too collect for the original Xbox and also have a complete US Black Label set and Platinum Hits set known to exist :) With a lot of Variants and limited Editions to boot

Sekij
03-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Hey Collector friends ^^

Well i collect Xbox stuff in Europe. . . and its not that easy or cheap unlike USA :/

And i dont collect everything for the Xbox. . . i dont buy some ****ty Sport games :D but my collection is really small at the moment. I will start to make it bigger when i get my own money.

I allways try to get games that are... kind of special or exclusiv or that are just fun.

Right now im looking in the view 2D Beat em ups / Fighting Games. My first one is Guilty Gears X2 Reload (which i got for 5€ NEW one of the best deals for me ^^) and i think its the best looking 2D Fighter because its not 16 bit unlike the most other 2D Fighter (King of Fighter 2002/2003)

Alphateam4602
02-19-2015, 04:36 PM

(1) the standard black;

How much would a Superman xbox be ? I was thinking around like 400-500$ but that is my opinion Btw. it is limited edition

Ed Hunter
02-20-2015, 08:29 AM
How much would a Superman xbox be ? I was thinking around like 400-500$ but that is my opinion Btw. it is limited edition

I haven't seen or heard of the Superman xbox console you mentioned. I thought that I knew about all of the limited edition original xbox systems, but every so often something comes up for sale that I haven't heard of. My initial thought is that its either just a skinned xbox or perhaps a valuable competition system. Would you please post a picture and tell us what you know about it?

Variation-XBA
02-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Yea I'd love to see this Superman one as well

acheter
10-07-2016, 07:44 AM
I'll take everything you've said under advisement and I'll keep you posted if and when I put any of these items up for sale...

Ed Hunter
10-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Great to see that XBOX Addict is back!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Variation-XBA
10-07-2016, 11:22 PM
Great to see that XBOX Addict is back!

We got big plans, stay tuned :)

acheter
10-16-2016, 08:46 AM
I definitely want to see your collection. Post em up in photobucket!

Rashwan Jogi
03-23-2017, 11:56 AM
not a collecter BUT i have the pure white xbox classic wich was limited to only 1000 units japan only, also micosoft engraved my name in it. pm me if you want to see some pics.

acheter
07-05-2017, 01:00 PM
In any case, I think its a good rule of thumb is to only collect what you love becuase trying to make money collecting anything is something very few people can do.

Kamshaft
07-06-2017, 09:06 AM
I'm wanting to finish my original Xbox game collection. North American for now.

Anyone wanna help me with their doubles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kamshaft
07-11-2017, 05:44 AM
Here's my missing list...http://www.xboxaddict.com/collector-missing-games/4/

Kamshaft
10-06-2017, 06:47 AM
Been working on adding a collector's corner to the site....stay tuned!

pierrevincy
10-06-2017, 11:18 AM
sounds good !!

oryanphine
10-07-2017, 07:08 AM
Salut,

Certains jeux sont exclusifs a certaines regions, j'ai trouve un article a ce sujet

http://xbmcxbox.blogspot.fr/2013/04/list-of-import-games-for-original-xbox.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games

Du coup, je n'ai rien contre une liste complete de tous les jeux, pour chaque region (je vois que c'est deja dispo pour Xbox Original, meme s'il doit manquer quelques exclus Japon)

Par contre, on pourrait preciser les jeux qui sortent sur Xbox One en dematerialise seulement

Philippe

oryanphine
10-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Been working on adding a collector's corner to the site....stay tuned!

Salut,

C'est une tres bonne idee

Philippe

Kamshaft
11-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Salut,

C'est une tres bonne idee

Philippe

Merci

oryanphine
11-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Here's my missing list...http://www.xboxaddict.com/collector-missing-games/4/

Il y a un Taito Legends (avec Bubble Bobble inclus) que tu n'as pas sur eBay, mais a 195 Usd
Selon toi, il y a des jeux de la Xbox originale rare ou suffisamment rare pour valoir ce prix la ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taito-Legends-Xbox-USA-NTSC-2005-Black-Lable-Rare/221403832955?epid=48314184&hash=item338cb2627b:m:mdrHN0d90y8967x6VcNB2vw

Il y a le meme pour 19,99 Usd

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-SEALED-XBOX-incl-29-Games-Taito-Legends-Microsoft-Xbox-2005/322527138415?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D2563143eac2c484 f80228dfa5e983a5b%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D221403832955&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

Ma question reste la meme, y a t-il des jeux Xbox original rare (et donc cher) ?
Si je pose cette question, c'est surement pour connaitre l'evolution de l'ensemble des jeux Xbox par rapport a des editeurs comme Nintendo qui ont su (et voulu, surtout) capitaliser sur le retro-gaming pour se forger une reputation tres solide (en attendant un emulateur ou la reconnaissance de l'existence de ceux-ci), alors que Microsoft semble avoir choisi une voie plus sage dans ce domaine pour l'instant (n'oublions pas que les jeux Nintendo sont avant tout des jeux a cartouches, pour lequel il est tres envisageable de faire des collections, Nintendo etant un precurseur, et des portages sur d'autres supports)

Philippe

acheter
01-14-2018, 07:40 AM

Kamshaft
01-14-2018, 08:47 AM

Let me know if you wanna trade