PDA

View Full Version : Slim 360 overheating already

wicked_d365
06-22-2010, 09:36 AM
We knew there would be some sort of problems with the new system, but overheating, really? I thought this system was built to be cooler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLnLrG1kpWE&feature=youtube_gdata

Also a little reminder, DO NOT move this system while a game is inside unless you way to hear this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6453xYXXNE&feature=youtube_gdata

Variation-XBA
06-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Also a little reminder, DO NOT move this system while a game is inside unless you way to hear this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6453xYXXNE&feature=youtube_gdata

Anyone who's ignorant to move it while it's on deserves it :p

Ainokeatoo
06-22-2010, 10:23 AM
I can ALMOST bet you his room he's playing in, is hot as hell, I mean, with a PC two monitors both are a quarter of his one TV, with my ps3 on to makes my room very hot over a long period of time, it's worse during the day time, and even worse at night (the AC doesn't come on as often.

And i'm sure a machine blowing out hot air doesn't want to take in hot air to cool down it's parts lol. I mean, he even had the light on, with more than one person in the room, all contributing factors.

Symmetric-XBA
06-22-2010, 11:41 AM
there's bound to be consoles out there that will cause problems. that part is inevitable. that idiot who moved the console though needs to go back to pong. seriously if you're that stupid to move a cd console while its moving.... wow what an idiot. I'm just gonna wait till november when kinect comes out or maybe another version of the slim like what the original 360 went through, to pick mine up.

SpaceGhost2K
06-22-2010, 02:13 PM
I remember when issues first started popping up with the first 360. Everybody was in denial, but slowly it started becoming clear that it wasn't the owners' fault.

In the case of the scratched disc, yeah, they moved the console, scratched the disc, and then go, "See? SEE?!?" They're called Destructoid for a reason.

For the overheating issues, they've already sold hundreds of thousands of the new console in only a week and I've heard about three stories. That is hardly an example of a widespread problem, just a widespread network of people talking about the same, few problems.

Give it a month and then you'll know if it's a widespread problem or not. Until then (unless it happens to you, lol) it's not a problem.

FrankForce77
06-22-2010, 02:51 PM
No problems with mine yet but I know someone that leaves their console on virrtually all day and no console is designed for that. Of course this will prob. be blown waaay out of line even if it's not a big issue.

Kamshaft
06-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Anyone who's ignorant to move it while it's on deserves it :p

Totally agree.

Justin Bailey
06-22-2010, 04:52 PM
he's got all his consoles lined up next to each other in a small brightly lit room. also, how do we know that its overheating? all i saw were some lines on the screen.

I read on another forum that the new 360 will automatically shut down if it gets too hot, they even had a picture of the screen. I'll try and track it down.

SpaceGhost2K
06-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Many electronic devices have that. Rather than burn out the device, they have a temperature sensitive circuit breaker that pops, and then won't "un pop" until it cools down.

I'm confounded at the people who think this is a clever conspiracy to avoid the RRoD instead of simply thinking it's a good idea for protecting your expensive piece of computer hardware.

wicked_d365
06-22-2010, 07:46 PM
I has seen the screens of the "red dot of death". When the system gets to hot it will pop up with a screen that says it is about to shut down the system.

Pics here http://gamersyndrome.com/2010/xbox-360/xbox-360-slim-overheating-issues-already-appearing/

Every item is going to have it's flaws that people will find and try to make out into a big problem. I know someone will brick a new iPhone when they drop the first day and eveyone will flip out.

Per the comment about the lines and not being sure if it's overheating or not, the lines are one of the first signs of overheating. I have seen it on mine a few times before it overheats and freezes. That also happens right before the RROD on the old systems.
My friends system did it in the middle of a Gears match. Got fuzzy with lines then the system just died and when we turned it back on, RROD.

rezzurekted
06-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Firstly why is everyone calling it the Xbox Slim? Microsoft haven't named it that so thats incorrect. Infact i heard they was calling it the Xbox 360 S as Sony might have Slim trademarked when it comes to consoles but i could be wrong so please dont quote me on this (but some retard will)

And secondly looks like that dude has far too much money so its not like he cant afford a new system anyway lol

I wont be buying one untill they have been out for at least 6-8 months and a new mark is out (mark ones are always buggy as f*ck and have issues)

I would be happy if they last 6years (even tho its meant to be 10 but f*ck it)
But untill then they can keep it and i'll sit back with my MW2 system and not have to worry cause if it goes bang ive still got a warranty to claim on XD so it aint bothered really.

It is a nice looking system tho. Props to Mircoshaft they know how to market and make things look nice lol

SpaceGhost2K
06-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Firstly why is everyone calling it the Xbox Slim? Microsoft haven't named it that so thats incorrect. Infact i heard they was calling it the Xbox 360 S as Sony might have Slim trademarked when it comes to consoles but i could be wrong so please dont quote me on this (but some retard will)

And secondly looks like that dude has far too much money so its not like he cant afford a new system anyway lol

I wont be buying one untill they have been out for at least 6-8 months and a new mark is out (mark ones are always buggy as f*ck and have issues)

I would be happy if they last 6years (even tho its meant to be 10 but f*ck it)
But untill then they can keep it and i'll sit back with my MW2 system and not have to worry cause if it goes bang ive still got a warranty to claim on XD so it aint bothered really.

It is a nice looking system tho. Props to Mircoshaft they know how to market and make things look nice lol

Wow...

wicked_d365
06-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Wow...

I second that.

FrankForce77
06-23-2010, 09:20 AM
I call bullcrap on those photos because I am looking at mine right now and it has chrome trimming around the top and bottom and the XBOX 360 on the CD drive is also chrome in color. This is either a BS photo made to hype up problems that do not exist or an earlier version of the console that has not been released.

LINKINPARK8591
06-23-2010, 10:28 AM
really he moved it while the disc was spinning, wow.........

wicked_d365
06-23-2010, 10:50 AM
really he moved it while the disc was spinning, wow.........

Yeah, pure genius right there.

rezzurekted
06-23-2010, 04:06 PM
I call bullcrap on those photos....This is either a BS photo made to hype up problems that do not exist or an earlier version of the console that has not been released.

Dude i see no photos all i see is video and yes alot of people got given the console at E3 but this is just the shell that you see a difference i highly doubt microsoft decided to change the insides aswell as the casing on short notice like

Symmetric-XBA
06-23-2010, 04:15 PM
i heard they was calling it the Xbox 360 S

it makes sense calling it the 360 S. Remember the original xbox controllers? Good ol' megatron?? They came out w/ new controllers and called them the "S".

Variation-XBA
06-23-2010, 06:00 PM
it makes sense calling it the 360 S. Remember the original xbox controllers? Good ol' megatron?? They came out w/ new controllers and called them the "S".

I hated the S controllers.....the fatty's were where it's at! (my icon for example)

Symmetric-XBA
06-23-2010, 06:33 PM
I hated the S controllers.....the fatty's were where it's at! (my icon for example)

lol the hand breaking gargantuan.

MXracer721
06-24-2010, 05:39 PM

The fatty is where is at! I loved that controller and hated that everyone switched to the S. The perfect controller would have been the Fatty with the S button layout.