PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising 2 delayed untill Sept.

wicked_d365
06-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Capcom announced that the sequel to the hit survival horror game, Dead Rising will be delayed until Sept. 28th.

The game was slated to release August 31st, but Capcom says that they sept. would be a better release date across all territories.

Sounds someone want to wait for the Halo buzz to die off before they launch.

Variation-XBA
06-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Sounds someone want to wait for the Halo buzz to die off before they launch.

Buzz is going to be more 2 weeks after launch if anything

Unreal
07-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Isn't Halo Reach in September?

Justin Bailey
07-01-2010, 11:37 PM
ya, releasing after reach is a mistake, but personally I'll be getting it regardless. the first was incredible and I can't wait to play the second with a coop buddy!

Fargoth
07-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Smart choice still probably won't get a large amount of buyers considering there are very minor differences and it isn't necessarily the greatest fun in the world.

Variation-XBA
07-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Smart choice still probably won't get a large amount of buyers considering there are very minor differences and it isn't necessarily the greatest fun in the world.

Kidding right? Have you seen what they've done? Co-op online, weapon customizations/combining, a real story other than 'survive'

Ainokeatoo
07-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Kidding right? Have you seen what they've done? Co-op online, weapon customizations/combining, a real story other than 'survive'

I wasn't fond of the whole my weapon breaking after a few swings, kinda put me off of buying the first one, lol not a real fan of games like that, are they changing that or no?

Justin Bailey
07-02-2010, 02:04 AM
I wasn't fond of the whole my weapon breaking after a few swings, kinda put me off of buying the first one, lol not a real fan of games like that, are they changing that or no?

there were different magazines you could find to help extend the life of the weapons. the chainsaws from the clown boss were beastly when combined with the correct mags.

personally I LOVED the first one, its gameplay was very refreshing from the normal fps stuff that is so common on the box. Running over tens of thousands of zombies in the parking garage while driving a delivery truck was something i'll never forget lol

Rlvers
07-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Well they dont have ot worry about me, i am not evan getting halo. waiting untill Dead Rising, it sounds really good.

Variation-XBA
07-04-2010, 03:42 AM

You just didn't like it cause it wasn't on PS3, don't lie :p

Unreal
07-04-2010, 12:45 PM
They still have a time limit which is my one knock on the first one and other then co-op that's the only thing getting me to even look at it. A real story. What was wrong with the first game's story? BTW customizing weapons doesn't make you forget that you have to kill zombies for 3 days till you get rescued.

Fargoth
07-05-2010, 11:12 AM
They still have a time limit which is my one knock on the first one and other then co-op that's the only thing getting me to even look at it. A real story. What was wrong with the first game's story? BTW customizing weapons doesn't make you forget that you have to kill zombies for 3 days till you get rescued.

I agree to an extent I liked the time system it was unique and made a sense of priority in the zombie filled environment. I too also really liked the first game's story most of the time I have no idea what the story is in this game aside from trying to rescue his son unless that is the whole story. As for customizing weapons unless the amount of customizable weapons is absolutely huge I doubt it will make a huge impact. I agree it gets very boring killing zombies for such a long time in a repetitious way I hope that they somewhat fixed it I will probably try out the Dead Rising 2 Pregame XBL thing when it comes out to give my full opinion on how much has changed and if it's enough.

Unreal
07-06-2010, 02:05 PM
I will probably try out the Dead Rising 2 Pregame XBL thing when it comes out to give my full opinion on how much has changed and if it's enough.
I will keep an eye out for your opinion then :)