PDA

View Full Version : So I fired up "Old Faithful" today!

Ainokeatoo
07-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Yep just renewed my account and placed my pre-order for Reach this september, I can't wait, but god, I turned on my xbox I forgot how loud the thing was LOL.

FrankForce77
07-08-2010, 03:57 PM
LOL...welcome back to XBOX land! I recently too returned to the XBOX 360 but I got a new S version and they are whisper quiet. What were you into when you were not playing the XBOX 360? I had a PS3 (sold it) and WoW (got bored). Anyways welcome home!

Ainokeatoo
07-08-2010, 05:19 PM
LOL...welcome back to XBOX land! I recently too returned to the XBOX 360 but I got a new S version and they are whisper quiet. What were you into when you were not playing the XBOX 360? I had a PS3 (sold it) and WoW (got bored). Anyways welcome home!

Lol I noticed, I added you, I had just gotten a ps3 at the beginning of the year, but with my capture card equipment coming I could finally record games, so it was time to renew :) plus I want to play Reach.

Variation-XBA
07-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Install the games to the hard drive and you won't hear anything.

Funny, I just dusted off my ps3 and turned it on last night for the first time in a long time too.

Glad we'll see you on Reach! traitor :p

Ainokeatoo
07-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Install the games to the hard drive and you won't hear anything.

Funny, I just dusted off my ps3 and turned it on last night for the first time in a long time too.

Glad we'll see you on Reach! traitor :p

Oh right, I almost forgot I could do that.

Lol I missed playing online on my xbox, I need to get a new headset though, probably next month.

:) Yes you'll see me on reach, it's exciting do you know if there will be a theater mode on that to? It'll be good for business.

Variation-XBA
07-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Oh right, I almost forgot I could do that.

Lol I missed playing online on my xbox, I need to get a new headset though, probably next month.

:) Yes you'll see me on reach, it's exciting do you know if there will be a theater mode on that to? It'll be good for business.

Add me if you aren't on my list and we'll play something soon.

Ainokeatoo
07-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Add me if you aren't on my list and we'll play something soon.

Yep yep, Reach when it comes out because I have no other games lol, I'll add ya tonight

FrankForce77
07-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Reach is gonna be awesome too bad I didn't get the chance to play the Beta. I still play Halo 3 online to this day and so to lot's of XBL members as the last time I logged in over 250,000 people were playing! I also play the Battlefield games online but latley Dice is mucking everything up with lag and game server down times.

Ainokeatoo
07-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Nah I didn't play the beta either, lol I fired up halo 3 last night, haha... The controller was just not wanting me to get used to it again...

Alx1138
07-09-2010, 09:13 AM
It would be interesting to see the correlation between the Halo purchases, XBox sales and XBox Live Gold subscriptions....

Virtually everyone I know, that didn't buy a release 360 and some that did, bought the 360 to play some sort of Halo game.

Although there is a similar demand with the COD series among others, the Halo franchise must be a significant contributing factor to the number of units sold.

I think Reach is going to amp up, once again, the number of Gold subs out there....

Ainokeatoo
07-09-2010, 09:59 AM
It would be interesting to see the correlation between the Halo purchases, XBox sales and XBox Live Gold subscriptions....

Virtually everyone I know, that didn't buy a release 360 and some that did, bought the 360 to play some sort of Halo game.

Although there is a similar demand with the COD series among others, the Halo franchise must be a significant contributing factor to the number of units sold.

I think Reach is going to amp up, once again, the number of Gold subs out there....

Oh it will LOL Halo is one of the most successful franchise, hell, it's what kick started Machinimas (RVB I love that series btw you can get that for my birthday Oct 28 btw just in case :P). But I'm getting Reach at launch ONLY because I never get to many games at launch, and I hate getting a game and two weeks later there's more maps to download.

Plus :) my recording stuff and what not.

Shawn-XBA
07-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I haven't played in quite some time either, I've been so busy with work switching me back and forth between day shift and night shift I just haven't felt like playing anything. Good news is I will be on a set schedule which will not change for at least a year in less than a week. Yay, I get to start gaming again.

Ainokeatoo
07-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I haven't played in quite some time either, I've been so busy with work switching me back and forth between day shift and night shift I just haven't felt like playing anything. Good news is I will be on a set schedule which will not change for at least a year in less than a week. Yay, I get to start gaming again.

Haha nice nice so that's what that thing on your FB was all about? Are you getting reach as well Silent? It would be pretty awesome.

FrankForce77
07-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Halo Combat Evolved was what got me started in FPS online games. I have always loved the Halo world and just the overall feel of the online gaming portion of it. It's awesome to see that Halo 3 has lasted this long and still going strong. That's really something to say versus the Call of Duty line of games that get a new game every year and the older ones die out. Halo 3 is the Extenze of the FPS online games, LMAO!

Shawn-XBA
07-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Haha nice nice so that's what that thing on your FB was all about? Are you getting reach as well Silent? It would be pretty awesome.
Yeah, well I've been in training at work for about 4 months now. I transferred to another division so I had to be trained in it. I'm getting out of training on Monday though.

And yes, I will defiantly be getting Reach. It's actually the only game I have pre-ordered right now. Will be here on launch day. Can't wait, I really liked the beta.

Ainokeatoo
07-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Yeah, well I've been in training at work for about 4 months now. I transferred to another division so I had to be trained in it. I'm getting out of training on Monday though.

And yes, I will defiantly be getting Reach. It's actually the only game I have pre-ordered right now. Will be here on launch day. Can't wait, I really liked the beta.

:) Well we're glad you'll be around more now.

Hopefully it'll be here on launch to, but I've heard gamestop takes their sweet time so I might get it a day or two after.