PDA

View Full Version : Halo Movie

Spike Minoda
03-13-2002, 01:00 AM
this might sound sorta boring or good depending on your point of view.

Would you go see a movie for halo?

Yes
maybe
yes, if my parents let me (mwahahahaha)
no

Nato King
03-13-2002, 07:17 AM
I would love to go see a Halo movie if thay make it somewhat like the game than it would be wicked.:)

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 03:17 PM
yah, if they made movie just like the game i'd b there in a seat in a second.

JJaX
03-13-2002, 03:22 PM
But like every game that becomes a movie they mess it up. I say we just leave halo alone. That way we all dont look like tools for loving the game so much, when the genral public will only see the movies take on the halo universe.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 03:25 PM
good point but i still think that if they did stick to the game plot that it would b awesome!!

LynxFX
03-13-2002, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't want them to stick to the game plot. I already played that out. I would want to see a different story but with the same ideas. Maybe the next Halo they come across and they have to destroy it in a different manner, or they discover something even worse than the flood.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I wouldn't want them to stick to the game plot. I already played that out. I would want to see a different story but with the same ideas. Maybe the next Halo they come across and they have to destroy it in a different manner, or they discover something even worse than the flood.

Thats a good point but mayb they could make more than 1, like movie of the game, and then make the next part (another HALO, something worse than the flood), but i would just like 2 see them make a movie on Halo period.

Spike Minoda
03-13-2002, 04:05 PM
open the scene with the boot camp master chief was raised in, and showing him as he grows up and gets higher in the military, sort of like in fall of reach. But different. It should be a timeline of before the POA was invaded and during the evac of halo. then they should do a cliffhanger like in the game... If you understand....

LynxFX
03-13-2002, 04:07 PM
but i would just like 2 see them make a movie on Halo period.

Well that we pretty much are guaranteed. The developement is already underway.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 04:08 PM

Well that we pretty much are guaranteed. The developement is already underway.

??

so what your saying is that they've already started making a Halo movie??

Snoopy7548
03-13-2002, 04:33 PM
anyone hear about the doa3 movie theyre making? im gonna see it if it has nudity, haha.

Originally posted by DanieLudacris
open the scene with the boot camp master chief was raised in

haha, they should open the movie just like they opened full metal jacket! that would be off the hizzy! with the seargent swearing and sh*t, that would make halo one of the best movies ever, haha. they should do a remake of full metal jacket, but with the halo theme and characters, like have the same boot camp scenes (master chief can be pyle, haha), and the vietnam war could be like the marines fightin the covenant, haha, i think ive seen full metal jacket one too many times.:D

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
anyone hear about the doa3 movie theyre making? im gonna see it if it has nudity, haha.

haha, they should open the movie just like they opened full metal jacket! that would be off the hizzy! with the seargent swearing and sh*t, that would make halo one of the best movies ever, haha. they should do a remake of full metal jacket, but with the halo theme and characters, like have the same boot camp scenes (master chief can be pyle, haha), and the vietnam war could be like the marines fightin the covenant, haha, i think ive seen full metal jacket one too many times.:D

??what??

what r u talking about man? I think u have seen that movie too many times.

LynxFX
03-13-2002, 05:17 PM
There is talk of a Halo movie but deals haven't been made yet. I believe it is still in the selling stage. But with recent deals for a Tekken movie, Metal Gear Solid movie, Max Payne movie, DOA movie, and even State of Emergency movie I think that Halo will get greenlighted by someone.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 05:19 PM
There is talk of a Halo movie but deals haven't been made yet. I believe it is still in the selling stage. But with recent deals for a Tekken movie, Metal Gear Solid movie, Max Payne movie, DOA movie, and even State of Emergency movie I think that Halo will get greenlighted by someone.

yah true, but the question i would like to know the answer 2 is when that'll b?

LynxFX
03-13-2002, 05:25 PM
I would say Fall/Winter of 2003 at the earliest. They would be hard pressed to get this thing out by next Summer especially if it becomes a big budget sfx movie. Fall would be a great time because they would have little competition. Just as long as they don't release it in late August or September. A pre-holiday release would work and if it had legs could really haul in the dough before Harry Potter III and Lord of the Rings III debut.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 05:58 PM
I would say Fall/Winter of 2003 at the earliest. They would be hard pressed to get this thing out by next Summer especially if it becomes a big budget sfx movie. Fall would be a great time because they would have little competition. Just as long as they don't release it in late August or September. A pre-holiday release would work and if it had legs could really haul in the dough before Harry Potter III and Lord of the Rings III debut.

u know a **** load about this do u work for a movie company or something like that??

LynxFX
03-13-2002, 06:03 PM
No, not yet. ;) I just follow the movie business alot.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 07:04 PM
well i guess u do, holy **** man thats more than ill know in like a whole **** year mayb even more about movies

wweomaniac
03-13-2002, 07:31 PM
I'm just not sure that its possible to make a halo movie. In every movie... there is always a love story... No matter how small it is, there always is one.

All Halo would be about is master Chief moving around and killing aliens. I can imagine how bad it would look, but I would still go anyways.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
I'm just not sure that its possible to make a halo movie. In every movie... there is always a love story... No matter how small it is, there always is one.

All Halo would be about is master Chief moving around and killing aliens. I can imagine how bad it would look, but I would still go anyways.

okay i dont think every movie has one

but... if u really needed one u could get one going on with the Master Chief and (aww sh*t i forget her name) but the comp. program who runs the Pillar of Autum.

So there's your love story, even if that wouldnt work, it would still b a great movie.

Spike Minoda
03-13-2002, 09:43 PM
CORTANA and Master Chief have been through too much together to fall in love. it is like a brother/sister bond. btw how can a organic thing actually "love" AI?

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by DanieLudacris
CORTANA and Master Chief have been through too much together to fall in love. it is like a brother/sister bond. btw how can a organic thing actually "love" AI?

ill tell u this.

very very easliy

LynxFX
03-13-2002, 11:32 PM
I also see alot more characters than just the Chief in the movie. I'm sure they will have lots of marines, or a pack and I can guarantee that there will be female and male marines even though that isn't the case in the game.

But it probably wouldn't be that cut and paste. I'm sure they would take liberties and create some extra characters, maybe a bio-doctor or some psychiatrist. Who knows. :)

Hugh_Jass
03-14-2002, 08:30 AM
Most action/adventure movies suck because they are all flash and no substance. I seriously doubt I would go see a HALO movie.

LynxFX
03-14-2002, 11:49 AM
Yeah Halo will probably be a 'check your brain at the door and enjoy your popcorn' movie. I love movies like that. :)

I just saw The Time Machine which I thought was another 'check your brain at the door' but then after the first 30 minutes I had to get my brain back but unfortunately it wanted to leave after the next 15 minutes so I was stuck brainless watching a mess of a movie. So much potential, so many questions unanswered. Why did they ruin such a good book.

JJaX
03-14-2002, 12:10 PM
Yeah Halo will probably be a 'check your brain at the door and enjoy your popcorn' movie. I love movies like that. :)

I just saw The Time Machine which I thought was another 'check your brain at the door' but then after the first 30 minutes I had to get my brain back but unfortunately it wanted to leave after the next 15 minutes so I was stuck brainless watching a mess of a movie. So much potential, so many questions unanswered. Why did they ruin such a good book.

I felt the exact same way man!
Me and my friend kept lookign at each other like, WTF this sucks. We were ready to leave but i paid to see this garbage so i stayed.

LynxFX
03-14-2002, 12:27 PM
Yeah the only good parts were the time travel sequence and Jeremy Irons as the Uber-Morlock at the end. Guy Pearce looked like the biggest dork throughout the movie. It's a shame too. This was one of the big movies I was looking forward to last year. Time to sell off my Time Machine HSX stock. :)

Hugh_Jass
03-14-2002, 01:04 PM

That's too bad. I was looking forward to that movie. Oh well. :(

Snoopy7548
03-14-2002, 01:56 PM
a halo movie would probly suck,its a really good idea, but they wouldnt do it right, out of the many videogames, the original mortal kombat movie was the only decent one. they never make good movies from videogames. id be surprised if they made a good halo movie.