PDA

View Full Version : Kinect $150 with Kinect Adventures

Alx1138
07-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Its time to chime in folks...let your voices be heard...everyone has an idea as to whether or not they would pick up Kinect but does the price tag affect your decision and what is your ideal cost...?

Personally I thought the $150 was a 'running joke' or an opportunity for some venues to milk the early adopters.

Getting this unit and 2 titles at about $200 is beyond what I'll be willing to pay....Maybe after I see an XBA review I'll change my mind but for now it just seems too high....

Variation-XBA
07-20-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm debating getting the short/kinect bundle or just getting Kinect on its own.

I'm getting it day one for a few reasons. I'm going to eventually get it anyways and periphrials don't usually drop in price. I want what Kinect can do other than the casual games: voice and hand gesgture commands for my 360.

Mainly, the wife wants it, which is what they are trying to cator to at first.

Shawn-XBA
07-21-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm going to be picking it day one with one of the new 360's. I kinda knew it was going to be up in price, of course I would like to pay less. But the price does not change me from buying it, it was a must have for me when it was originally announced.

Kamshaft
07-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Here's the official word from M$....

"Kinect for Xbox 360 is bringing games and entertainment to life, and on November 4th the all-new Xbox 360, Kinect Sensor and “Kinect Adventures” will be available in one package for $299.99 (CDN ERP). In addition, the new Xbox 360 4GB console, which begins shipping on Aug. 3, will be available for $199 (CDN ERP). Living rooms across Canada will become fitness rooms, dance clubs and sports stadiums with the launch of Kinect for Xbox 360, and starting today, select retailers are taking pre-orders for the Xbox 360 Kinect Console Bundle and the Kinect for Xbox at $149.99."

This was emailed yesterday. http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/10372/Microsoft-Prices-Kinect-At-$150.html (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/../news/10372/Microsoft-Prices-Kinect-At-$150.html)

Ainokeatoo
07-21-2010, 07:32 AM
I won't be getting one, way out of my budget, plus i'm getting a new TV and i'm ordering Reach, buying a lot more things in the next couple months than I normally do all year.

Variation-XBA
07-21-2010, 11:07 AM
I won't be getting one, way out of my budget, plus i'm getting a new TV and i'm ordering Reach, buying a lot more things in the next couple months than I normally do all year.

aka more PS3 games ;) :rofl:

Ainokeatoo
07-21-2010, 06:30 PM
aka more PS3 games ;) :rofl:

:) Yes don't be jealous,I only have five games for it, compared to my 20+ for my xbox :P it's only fair.

Variation-XBA
07-21-2010, 08:03 PM
:) Yes don't be jealous,I only have five games for it, compared to my 20+ for my xbox :P it's only fair.

sigh Aino....sigh

Alx1138
07-21-2010, 09:55 PM

At the risk of siding with Var here I have to point this out...

If you consider that your gamer time is equal to 100%

Then a full 20% of that time is dedicated to the PS3...?!

Far be it from me to begrudge a gamer his enjoyment but seeing as though you only have 5 titles perhaps the PS3 should be unplugged for a while....

Just sayin' is all...

Ainokeatoo
07-22-2010, 05:19 AM
Lol Actually I only really play one or two games so ten percent :p. But both of them has been unplug for a little bit, been playing PC games, haven't touched them yet waiting for my new TV to eliminate the hastle of changing wires.

Alx1138
07-22-2010, 05:55 AM
PC titles are excusable just so long as they are WOW, Star Wars or Halo based....

Justin Bailey
07-24-2010, 04:17 PM
until they show something more than me too wii titles, I have no interest in Kinect. As a Wii owner I can personally tell you that standing up and waving your arms around really gets old quickly.

On another note, I think Kinect is going to be a massive failure, along with Sony's Move. The casual market already has a Wii and I don't see people flocking to the xbox or ps3 to have a Wii in HD.

Vampera13
07-24-2010, 05:40 PM
I will most definitely be pick this up when it comes out. I'll probably get the bundle package when it comes out. I think it looks really cool and will be fun to have.

Symmetric-XBA
07-24-2010, 06:45 PM
i've heard mixed reviews on it, but i think its gonna be a pick up for me. I wonder what type of achvs there will be for kinect titles....

Fargoth
07-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Ugh sorry motion sensing is already pushing it but 150$? No. If I wanted motion sensors then I would have bought a wii.

Justin Bailey
07-24-2010, 07:28 PM
i've heard mixed reviews on it, but i think its gonna be a pick up for me. I wonder what type of achvs there will be for kinect titles....

wave your hands and legs and jump around like a moron....50g

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/RalliArtEvo/dammedance.gif

Symmetric-XBA
07-24-2010, 07:32 PM
lmao i mean seriously, what kind of achvs could you have for your kinectimals game? lol fight other animals? the more i hear about some of these titles the more i question this move by ms.