PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Online

-WorldSpawn-
03-13-2002, 08:10 AM
Spring is nearing, and I haven't heard any new news about Microsoft's Xbox Online plans. I did read a snippet in the Official Xbox magazine saying that it will be rolled out in the US first, and then to the rest of the world. I hope they actually meant it will be rolled out in North America first :) If they build it, the games will follow.

l Maximus l
03-13-2002, 02:43 PM
The last rumor I heard was that it will be starting this summer...and they will have it's flagship game, Unreal Championship, being sold to really kick things off! I can't wait!! :)

JJaX
03-13-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by -WorldSpawn-
If they build it, the games will follow.

The games have been in development jsut as long if not longer then the network itself. Its gonna be GrrrrrrEEaaaT!

mattcoxonline
03-13-2002, 02:53 PM
Maximus, Check your PMs I want a reply please...... :eek:

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 03:09 PM
Has anyone heard if mircosoft has plans for making Halo able 2 play over the broadband(Thats coming out in May 2002), because if they dont that will be the worst thing ever!!!:o

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 03:11 PM
i know of Unreal Tornament, but are there any other games that are on the horizon for online playing??

l Maximus l
03-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Halo Perfect
i know of Unreal Tornament, but are there any other games that are on the horizon for online playing??

Actually, it's Unreal Championship, not Tournament...but, Halo has not yet been announced that it will be on-line as of yet...I really hope it does!! Right now, Gamespy or XBoxconnector.com is the only way

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 03:22 PM
O...SRY bout that, i havent played on the comp. yet but ill probably get it on th Xbox, thanks bout HAlo, yah if they dont they'll b missing out of a lot of money

JJaX
03-13-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Actually, it's Unreal Championship, not Tournament...but, Halo has not yet been announced that it will be on-line as of yet...I really hope it does!! Right now, Gamespy or XBoxconnector.com is the only way

If they did bring unreal tournament to the box it would still be cool. Welcome to my world ;)

Kooster
03-13-2002, 03:28 PM
I can't wait till Xbox goes online because PS2 fanboys will be whining about the $140 addons they'll have to buy!

l Maximus l
03-13-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Halo Perfect
O...SRY bout that, i havent played on the comp. yet but ill probably get it on th Xbox, thanks bout HAlo, yah if they dont they'll b missing out of a lot of money

Dude! No sweat! There is a game called Unreal Tournament...it's just not on or coming to the XBox. But, Unreal Championship is! And, that game is going to be SWEEEEEEET!!!

By the way, welcome to the forums! :)

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 03:33 PM
yah thanks its good 2 b here, when Unreal <em>Championship</em> comes out ill have 2 look u up and play u.

LynxFX
03-13-2002, 03:47 PM
Unreal Championship looks awesome, especially the outdoor areas. I've always been a huge fan of the Unreal series, much more than Quake and can't wait for this title. This may be one reason why I subscribe to the xbox online network even if it does cost some $$.

cyclaud
03-13-2002, 03:51 PM
If u look on release dates UC was moved to october. I think they did this because i heard they r delaying the network

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by cyclaud
If u look on release dates UC was moved to october. I think they did this because i heard they r delaying the network

so when was it moved to??

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 05:15 PM
:)well anyway, does anyone know the date in May that the broadband for Xbox is coming out, cuz i gonna get for my birthday, saving some money, ooo yah:cool:

cyclaud
03-13-2002, 06:09 PM
i heard the network will come in october giving sony a lead. I heard they are doing this for protection against hackers by adding security to the network. if u remember PSO on DC was ruined by cheaters due to poor protection.

fingerelvn
03-13-2002, 06:10 PM
actually I've heard Halo is already being played online. on gamespy.com or something like that. microsoft hasn't officially started online play yet though, but yeah I'm looking forward to playing Halo and whatever else comes out.

l Maximus l
03-13-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by cyclaud
i heard the network will come in october giving sony a lead. I heard they are doing this for protection against hackers by adding security to the network. if u remember PSO on DC was ruined by cheaters due to poor protection.

Actually, the on-line forum is set for the beginning of this summer. They are still on target :)

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by fingerelvn
actually I've heard Halo is already being played online. on gamespy.com or something like that. microsoft hasn't officially started online play yet though, but yeah I'm looking forward to playing Halo and whatever else comes out.

yah u r right about that, i found that out from Maxiums.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 07:00 PM
well thats good that its still on time, cuz if it wasn't id b pretty ****ed cuz then id have 2 pay for it, and it just that much less money for me.:)

cyclaud
03-14-2002, 02:20 PM
what r u talking about a forum

xboxmaster2002
03-14-2002, 03:37 PM
Didnt they say 6 months from launch....?

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 03:41 PM
Dudes...the on-line forum is still being developed and the target date is still set for the beginning of Summer. No delays at all have been officially announced...but, I imagine a bunch of PoS2ers created false rumors ;)