PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls V Discussion

FrankForce77
07-27-2010, 08:14 PM
With TES IV being one of the best RPG's on the recent round of consoles we RPG fans cannot wait to get any information on the next TES game. I have seen some talk about a title here and there but nothing official on Bethesda's website. I figured we could get a thread going to post up information and comments on what we would like to see in the new TES game.

Me personally I would love to see a totally new combat system as the last two TES games have been the same. I would also like to see more types of mounts and crafting skills for weapons and armor. Overall I think that their should be some type of online for the next game and I think that an online coop would kick some serious butt! What do you all think?

Symmetric-XBA
07-27-2010, 11:06 PM
I'd like to see some proper enemy scaling in the next installment. I was disappointed to learn that you could just slide a difficulty slider and womp almost any enemy in 1 hit. There are titles that implement a leveling system that will literally prevent you from wandering into certain areas by ensuring your swift and timely death. This is what I'd love to see in the next installment. I've got other little wishes and hopes, but i'll save those for a rainy day. I asked a bethesda rep @ E3 about TES and as it turns out I had better chances of finding possible time travel than any information. He politely smiled and said "we're not ready to be talking about TES.... well, not yet anyways.." Cryptic, and prob. just enough of a tease to shut me up and it worked lol b/c then I turned back to fallout new vegas lol.

Fargoth
07-28-2010, 01:19 AM
I like the overall feel of TES Oblivion definitely made a lot of very nice changes however I did still feel it was very repetitious with all the gates and such.

Personally I would like to see Fast travel removed replaced with perhaps the stilt striders again because I feel in a large open world setting game more than half the game is to explore and to walk there if you can just fast travel you explore about 5% of the hard work the developers put into it as well as miss out on the purpose.

In my opinion I loved the Morrowind story + expansions much much more than the Oblivion ones I felt the Morrowind type feel not only guided you through the game ex: guilds, money, quests ect. but it was also very expansive and well thought out where you had to go all over the country to confront a freaking god. I would like to see more involvement of the gods and mythical things in the next one.

Most other things are minor such as talking, landscape, and such. Although I would like to see more memorable characters in the game whereas you moved so fast in both games you couldn't remember too many. I would like atleast one person to be there constantly like an assistant, or something of the kind. Awesome armor and weapons from Morrowind vs Oblivion would be cool too :).

Other than this I can't argue with TES I love the games more than anything and I really can't wait till the next one. Please come soon :)

Unreal
07-29-2010, 10:53 AM
I don't care what they do as long as I get another game. I personally don't want to see any online play co-op or anything else. I enjoy the games because I can shape my adventure to how I play the game. I can explore and do things the way I want and as soon as they increase that number, the enjoyment of that will be gone. I feel not every game needs online play. TES is a series that excels in single player and they should keep it that way. IMO of course.

FPSMadPaul
08-19-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't care what they do as long as I get another game. I personally don't want to see any online play co-op or anything else. I enjoy the games because I can shape my adventure to how I play the game. I can explore and do things the way I want and as soon as they increase that number, the enjoyment of that will be gone. I feel not every game needs online play. TES is a series that excels in single player and they should keep it that way. IMO of course.

IMO also.