PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the RPG giants!

FrankForce77
07-31-2010, 01:54 PM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/FrankForce77/BvsB.jpg

Ok gamers we have here two of the giants that create some of the best RPG video games to date. These two developers have been bringing some of the industries best and so it's time to see where xboxaddict.com members stand on these two giants of RPG gaming! Vote now or forever hold your broken controllers!

FrankForce77
07-31-2010, 01:59 PM
For me I will first start off by saying that I think both devs are awesome RPG makers but in my realm their can only be one king and that is....Bethesda Softworks! I love Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3 and other games that they have make. they also have games like Rage, Brink, Hunted The Demon's Forge and Fallout New Vegas that are currently in production that all look to be great games. Bioware seems to be a great dev that uses the same style of RPG with linear maps and areas for you to explore but their stories are top noch. Overall I gotta give the crown to Bethesda Softworks!

Fargoth
07-31-2010, 03:50 PM
AGHAHHHHHHHHHHH NOT A FAIR QUESTIONNNNNN :(

Two of my favorite industries against each other very hard question. However as the name goes I am a Bethesda Loyalist. I do believe Bioware is definitely an amazing game developer considering they're improving with every game they do. They're definitely my two favorite game makers. However Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind has a will be for a long time my favorite game.
So in my eyes Bethesda by a little.

Fallout New Vegas
That's being made by Obsidian man. Very good copycat game maker in my opinion.

Steeps5
07-31-2010, 06:25 PM
BioWare!! Is there a poll? I can't see it from my phone =P

Unreal
07-31-2010, 07:54 PM
I am going with Bioware. Its a bit unfair since I have only played Oblivion and Fallout 3. You listed games they are publishing so I am not including them in my decision and we don't even know if they will turn out to be great games yet.

Bioware on the other hand has given us epic RPG's for over 10 years. We got Knights Of the Old Republic, Baldur's Gate, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age. That does not include the sequels. I love Oblivion and Fallout 3 but I have too many hours in Biowares games not to rank them ahead :p

Symmetric-XBA
07-31-2010, 07:56 PM
after the stories of the kotor, me series and the quality of gameplay over the games such as dragon age and even jade empire (hey i liked it lol). Bioware has my vote, but I'm already declaring this poll invalid in my eyes just b/c this question tore at my loyalties to each company lol.

Fargoth
07-31-2010, 08:27 PM
after the stories of the kotor, me series and the quality of gameplay over the games such as dragon age and even jade empire (hey i liked it lol). Bioware has my vote, but I'm already declaring this poll invalid in my eyes just b/c this question tore at my loyalties to each company lol.

I completely agree QFT

Justin Bailey
08-01-2010, 02:54 AM
neither, they've both made some of my top games of all time. :cheers: