PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Steeps5
08-06-2010, 10:01 PM
This looks like a game I may be getting, I couldn't stand the Advanced Warfighter games but this looks much different in terms of how it plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPqRcAw7Hg&feature=youtube_gdata

Shawn-XBA
08-07-2010, 02:35 AM
I liked the first two, so I will defiantly be getting this one. And I agree, this one does look better/different.

Sent from my Motorola Cliq XT using Tapatalk

FrankForce77
08-07-2010, 09:50 AM
I liked the first few GR games and I didn't like the last few but this looks like an awesome return to the roots of the game itself. I will be getting it for sure :rockout:

Unreal
08-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I had a ton of fun playing GRAW 2. I have high hopes for this one.

Justin Bailey
08-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I liked the first few GR games and I didn't like the last few but this looks like an awesome return to the roots of the game itself. I will be getting it for sure :rockout:

game looks great, but it definitely isn't returning to its "roots" as some of you put it. The original GR was more about scouting huge terrain and sniping rather than sneaking right up on top of enemies with futuristic weapons and gadgets. The gameplay looks to be a more evolved version of the advanced warfare series with an upgraded cover system ala gears of war.

Not Yellow
08-08-2010, 03:48 PM
game looks great, but it definitely isn't returning to its "roots" as some of you put it. The original GR was more about scouting huge terrain and sniping rather than sneaking right up on top of enemies with futuristic weapons and gadgets. The gameplay looks to be a more evolved version of the advanced warfare series with an upgraded cover system ala gears of war.

Well...technology is only ALWAYS getting better. The Gameplay differences are warranted with the 'changing times' speaking from the Games PoV.

Justin Bailey
08-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Well...technology is only ALWAYS getting better. The Gameplay differences are warranted with the 'changing times' speaking from the Games PoV.

...ok and your point is? I was simply stating that this game is NOT returning to the roots of the OG Ghost games like a few said. I think the game looks great so far, but its definitely more in line with GRAW than the pc/xbox ghost recons.

Unreal
08-08-2010, 11:22 PM
...ok and your point is? I was simply stating that this game is NOT returning to the roots of the OG Ghost games like a few said. I think the game looks great so far, but its definitely more in line with GRAW than the pc/xbox ghost recons.
I own all the Ghost Recons and I hope its like GRAW myself. My friends and I played GRAW2 like the game was only one available :p

Conchord
08-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Looks retarded... It is amazing how far away from the original game this has strayed, same for Rainbow Six.

Justin Bailey
08-09-2010, 03:01 AM
I own all the Ghost Recons and I hope its like GRAW myself. My friends and I played GRAW2 like the game was only one available :p

I loved playing the coop missions, I really hope they bring those back from graw 2

Ainokeatoo
08-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Looks retarded... It is amazing how far away from the original game this has strayed, same for Rainbow Six.

If anything this is exactly how the game should have been.

Unreal
08-09-2010, 03:46 AM
I loved playing the coop missions, I really hope they bring those back from graw 2
Nothing has topped the co-op till this day IMO.

Conchord
08-09-2010, 10:54 PM
If anything this is exactly how the game should have been.

Yes, a tactical realistic strategy based shooter should be an action script-filled extravaganza with "cool" written all over it instead of "authentic"... ?

Justin Bailey
08-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Yes, a tactical realistic strategy based shooter should be an action script-filled extravaganza with "cool" written all over it instead of "authentic"... ?

I still enjoyed the GRAW and the R6:Vegas series, however I miss the old school clancy games when they were based a little more towards the realistic side of the spectrum.

I hope that the next Rainbow 6 game goes back towards its roots as a tactical shooter. I loved how you had to plan out your attack before the mission started, like a real anti-terrorist unit would. Unfortunatly I have little faith in this happening because in todays market you gotta have explosions every 10 seconds or the a.d.d. generation gets bored.

Ainokeatoo
08-10-2010, 12:56 AM

Authentic doesn't mean it can't add new elements and still be good. I've played the series since the first game, the ghosts are a stealth based spec ops squad that operates behind enemy lines, to sabotage or secure targets. GRFS appears to offer what the game actually is supposed to be about, it combines Modern Warfare with Sam fisher pretty nicely.

Conchord
08-10-2010, 12:00 PM
it combines Modern Warfare with Sam fisher pretty nicely.

In the original, you could move about the squad, positioning your men exactly where you wanted them. You could have two, even three, teams. It was not flashy or extravagant, it was just planning and action of plan. Now, its like a Hollywood action flick...

Sorry, but its a huge turn-off for fans of the original such as myself. There are too many changes, even Ghost Recon 2 started doing it... Making "characters" out of the soldiers, which meant of course that they couldn't die in mission without a failure, thus taking away a certain quality of the first game... Also, cutscenes felt completely out of place, and once again, the scripted actions and linear levels of the later games completely killed the "fog of war" feel to the first one.

Personally, I think the first one was too smart for a majority of gamers, who couldn't have cared less about strategy and planning, and instead wanted pretty guns and lots of explosions. And they got exactly what they wanted, those spoiled twats.