PDA

View Full Version : Any Early Madden 11 reviews?

JayAsh
08-09-2010, 07:47 AM
I am considering buying this years Madden just like every year, but I wasn't crazy about the demo. So, looking for early reviews. Anyone have a link or some kind of info please let me know. I would love to read an early review. Thanks!!

JayAsh
08-09-2010, 01:59 PM
IGN just posted there review and Madden 11 got a score of 8.0 out of 10. Not what I was hoping for. Mostly had good things to say...but it was a couple issues the reviewer had. Strategy pad was a downer....and a couple other things. So, is it still worth buying in your eyes.....please let me know.

Shawn-XBA
08-10-2010, 03:33 PM
UPS just delivered it to my home, I won't be able to play it until tomorrow because of work tonight. But I can post a little mini review to let you know what I think.

JayAsh
08-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Great!! Thanks!!!

Bakeman
08-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm not much for reviews... I don't write well...

But I'm glad I got the game.. I'm having a good time with it. One thing I have noticed is that the All-Pro level that I usually have played Madden on, seems to be easier.. I just beat the saints last night in my 2nd game of my franchise with the 49ers... and I won 54 to 24... 18 carries for 230 yards 2 rushing td's, 6 catches 60 yards and another 2 td's with Gore.. And in my first game vs the Rams Gore went for 30 carries for 146 yards and 2 td's..

I have a 70% completion rate with Alex Smith, 5 Td's and 1 Int... but only 376 yards in two games.. but with Gore going mad like he has, passing yards being low isn't that bad haha.

The Strategy Pad isn't anything special.... U have to push it, just for it to come up with which directions will get you to which group you want to change... Then after u push the direction you then have the same exact screens we've had in the past to change coverages or lb's/dl's. Basically they tried to make things simplier, but the only diff is you push a direction on the D-Pad instead of pushing diff buttons for each group.

The locomotion system is nice, and it really helps running in the game, and overall movements feel more realistic. And the WR's finally finally attempt to make sideline catches! And I say attempt, because they are not always successful... which I'm happy about! I was worried with all EA's talk about how the WR's have been reworked, that they were always going to make those catches.

Unfortunately there are still some issues that have been around.. but they don't ruin the experience.. just minor frustrations. Like a ball sailing over your WR's head when it looks like it's in reach and the WR just stands there.

I haven't played online yet, so I don't know about that.. I hope it's better then last years... there was a noticeable delay with EVERYTHING involved with the online play.. I hated it! Especially going from offline to online games all the time. So *crosses fingers* I hope Madden 11 is better online.

Shawn-XBA
08-11-2010, 11:05 AM
I agree with Bakeman, I am very happy with my purchase.

I like the new commentators, they do say some of the same things over and over again, but that is with every sports game. I am a little disappointed about the commentator saying something off the wall.

I think the gameplay is very good, plays a lot like last year, only with a few more animations added in. I really love the addition of sideline catches, I have only seen one be completed, most are caught out of bounds.

My biggest disappointment is the new kicking system, I really liked the skill level of using the right stick to kick. Now you just aim, and press the A button a couple of times.

I have yet to play online either, but I did take a look in the online menu. Appears to be pretty much the same as last year.

I almost forgot, I agree with Bakeman, this year seems to be easier, especially in the running game.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask and I will check it out for you.

Sent from my Motorola Cliq XT using Tapatalk

Bakeman
08-11-2010, 08:19 PM
So I'm 3 games into my franchise with the 49ers...
Games 2 and 3 were vs the saints then the chiefs..
Ran 18 times for 213 yards then 15 times for 213 yards...
1st game vs the rams I ran 30 times for 146 yards... So running on all-pro... Seems pretty easy

JayAsh
08-12-2010, 07:20 AM
I have 3 games under my belt. I will give my 2 cents later today. I will say this, I do like this years Madden. Its a lot like last years version...with a couple changes.

Ricepuppet
08-12-2010, 08:08 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-madden-nfl/702629

JayAsh
08-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Here is my take on this years Madden

The demo doesn't do this game any justice!! I thought the demo was horrible. Gameplay was just ok and couldn't stand the strategy control pad controls. Im still not crazy about the pad, but its growing on me. I loved last years gameplay but this years game is as good, maybe better. The locomotion deal was awesome!! Much improved!! Graphics are again great!! I do believe in my opinion the commentary has improved with Gus Johnson. Its not going to blow you away but its not annoying to listen to. Its about the football and not so much commentary. The running game is definitely much improved. Passing is about the same as always. The defense drops lots of interceptions...although I have yet to face an elite defense...but I will say the great defensive ends are really hard to stop. Gameflow is ok. Not great....just ok. I usually pick the playbook anyway. So it mildly effects me. Overall I think its a great game. As good as last years and I thought last years game was the best football game in a long long time. So, I am totally glad I picked this up. I will def be playing online with my Dallas Cowboys!!!

Teams I have used and played against:

Used Lions.....they are horrible. Calvin Johnson Jr....AWESOME Matt Staford...pretty good and Kevin Smith, the RB blows!! Thats why they are rated so low....they are just bad.

Played against 49ers.....they were pretty good. Frank Gore is a beast!! I couldn't stop him at all. I think he posted 16 rushes for over 100 yards.

Cowboys were pretty good. Couldnt get the running game going with Felix Jones....but the passing game was pretty good. Roy Williams had a good game for me. Miles Austin was quiet. Jason Witten was my main target and he is a weapon on this game.....just like in real life hahaha.

Played against Carolina Panthers......they were a mess offensively. Running game was there best with DeAngelo Williams....very fast RB. I think I held them to under 100 yards total offense. My DB's shut them down. I got to the QB a lot!!!

So far thats my 2 cents. Enjoy Madden 11 and its def worth picking up!!