PDA

View Full Version : Mafia 2 Playable Demo Now Available

Vampero
08-10-2010, 06:44 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/10440/Mafia-2-Playable-Demo-Now-Available.html

Steeps5
08-12-2010, 09:38 AM
There just so happens to be nudity in this lol. You can find Playboy magazines laying around in the different locations in the demo :p

Ainokeatoo
08-12-2010, 11:52 AM
First impressions on the demo:

Having never played the first Mafia game, I had no idea if the clunky controlls were a part of the game or not so I'm not sure if it just comes with the territory or not. But the player movement controll is a little clunky, I expect it from the driving because of the cars.

The graphics are, well, decent. 1080i HDMI plug the gameplay graphics were decent at best, as far as the scenary goes, the player and individual close objects were nice in my opinion. However, I do understand this is a Demo, hopefully they clean it up a little. Other than the odd controls and the gameplay distant graphics, it's a pretty good game, felt a lot like GTA, but that's not to bad.

Steeps5
08-12-2010, 12:33 PM
First impressions on the demo:

Having never played the first Mafia game, I had no idea if the clunky controlls were a part of the game or not so I'm not sure if it just comes with the territory or not. But the player movement controll is a little clunky, I expect it from the driving because of the cars.

The graphics are, well, decent. 1080i HDMI plug the gameplay graphics were decent at best, as far as the scenary goes, the player and individual close objects were nice in my opinion. However, I do understand this is a Demo, hopefully they clean it up a little. Other than the odd controls and the gameplay distant graphics, it's a pretty good game, felt a lot like GTA, but that's not to bad.

I kinda think it feels just like Godfather II. Same exact story concept, about gangs and the Mafia. Gameplay feels the same too. The best thing about this game though are the physics, like bullet damage. I watched a video of the game on PC and the physics are absolutely insane (thanks to NVIDIA's PhysX engine).

Ainokeatoo
08-13-2010, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJoXzc8gyQs

Here's my full demo playthrough video :) watch at 720p for a better quality picture. Yes I was having fun with the horn, also, heavy language and gore so watch at your own discretion.

Unreal
08-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Whatever issues you have I don't see them being fixed with the game coming out next week. The demo is fun but I don't know if yet if I will get it. I am leaning towards picking it up though.

Justin Bailey
08-18-2010, 03:57 AM
after playing the demo.....pass

Ainokeatoo
08-18-2010, 07:37 AM
after playing the demo.....pass

Any reason?

Variation-XBA
08-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Any reason?

It really didn't do anything for me either

Ainokeatoo
08-18-2010, 10:41 AM
It really didn't do anything for me either

Generic mobster game? I'm wondering, did anyone notice the graphics after you got outside the house? Just asking, wondering if it was my hauppauge and the component cable.

FPSMadPaul
08-19-2010, 09:58 AM
I was very impressed with the demo will definitely consider giving the full game a purchase once the reviews are in!

rezzurekted
08-19-2010, 01:08 PM
This isn't a DEMO! its a prequel! None of this story is in the game, just like the deadrising:zero game due out soon.

Granted its short as hell but none of this is going to be in the game, and it doesn't fell nothing like Godfather 2 nor does the story!

Ainokeatoo
08-19-2010, 02:12 PM
This isn't a DEMO! its a prequel! None of this story is in the game, just like the deadrising:zero game due out soon.

Granted its short as hell but none of this is going to be in the game, and it doesn't fell nothing like Godfather 2 nor does the story!

I was talking more along the lines of the gameplay and out of cutscene graphics.

rezzurekted
08-19-2010, 02:16 PM
I was talking more along the lines of the gameplay and out of cutscene graphics.

well its nothing alike, godfather 2 is more of a strategy game and this (mafia 2) is action realism, which is a major difference!!

Ainokeatoo
08-19-2010, 02:29 PM
well its nothing alike, godfather 2 is more of a strategy game and this (mafia 2) is action realism, which is a major difference!!

lol I wasn't comparing the games, that was steeps, I've never played either series, but the gameplay controls in my opinion were a bit clunky, and the games distant graphics were "okay".

Symmetric-XBA
08-19-2010, 03:48 PM
what is goin to make or break this game for me is the story. originally intended to have multiple endings depending on your actions and how you played the game, that idea got scrapped in order to focus on one ending. now I can see how focusing your attention can be a good thing, however, now it almost feels as though your actions really don't mount up to much. the flip side though of having too many endings is that you spread yourself thin by trying to develop and focus on all possible outcomes, so yes you may have multiple endings, however, they may all be garbage. who knows?

rezzurekted
08-19-2010, 05:41 PM
lol I wasn't comparing the games, that was steeps, I've never played either series, but the gameplay controls in my opinion were a bit clunky, and the games distant graphics were "okay".

Ahh my bad, Yeah the draw distance is pretty good (not great but passable)
Yeah controls are clunky which is a pain when you set it to realistic but considering how poor the first game was this is a major improvement.

Ainokeatoo
08-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Ahh my bad, Yeah the draw distance is pretty good (not great but passable)
Yeah controls are clunky which is a pain when you set it to realistic but considering how poor the first game was this is a major improvement.

Lol no hard feelings. I thought it was just me that noticed that, which is why I asked earlier lol.

I figured, I never had a chance to play the first one, to me the game is okay, hopefully they improve some stuff before launch.

Justin Bailey
08-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Any reason?

well I'm not into this series (never played the first) so I wasn't sure what to expect. After putting some time into the demo its just not all that interesting to me. It wasn't bad per se, just didn't grab me and have me thinking I've got to get this.

I've already got a lot of titles in my backlog I'm trying to complete and this would just get added to the pile. With so many big titles coming next month, I probably wouldnt even get around to it til next year. If the reviews are great then I'll just pick it up bargain bin or maybe rent it. But dropping $60 first day....pass