PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock:Infinite Announced!

Justin Bailey
08-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Click Here (http://www.whatisicarus.com/main.php)

Irrational Games finished the first "BioShock" in 2007. Since then, we haven't heard a peep from the Boston-based developer. After passing "BioShock 2" on to 2K Marin, many thought the "BioShock" brand had left Irrational and its creator, Ken Levine. Turns out, many were wrong. Irrational has been working on the next installment in the franchise, "BioShock Infinite," since 2008, and it's definitely not just another return to Rapture.

Welcome to Columbia

"BioShock Infinite" is set in the city of Columbia. It's a massive city in the sky, floating on hot air balloons and propellers. In the twisted timeline of "Infinite," Columbia was created by the US government in 1900 and revealed to the world at large (unlike the secret city of Rapture). Columbia was designed as a way to show the world the technological strength of America. Ken Levine describes it as the equivalent of the "moon landing of 1900." Basically the city would float around the world and show all the other countries how lacking they were compared to America.

Shortly after the time that it was launched, there was an international incident of some sort. Irrational isn't saying exactly what happened, but something went wrong and it was revealed that Columbia wasn't just a technological marvel, it was also a devastating weapon. Levine goes so far as to call it "a Death Star."

And then Columbia vanished.

Link to rest of story (http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/08/12/bioshock-infinite-trailer-screenshots-and-details-from-our-first-look/)

Really digging the new setting and the fact that Ken Levine and Irrational games (who did the first Bioshock) are working on it is great news.

Symmetric-XBA
08-12-2010, 02:08 PM
The full interview along w/ the first ever movie from Bioshock Infinite are posted up on the front page :) enjoy!

Justin Bailey
08-12-2010, 04:33 PM
..ok..... or you can just click the links in my post.

Justin Bailey
08-13-2010, 03:25 AM
wow...really? nobody on this message board has any comments? Do you people even like games..!?

FrankForce77
08-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Never got into the Bioshock games much but they are making a movie based on Bioshock?! In my knowledge movie games have never done good....need proof just look at the Prince of Persia movie that came out this year. Hopefully the Halo movie will be good and maybe this one too.

sw0rdfish-XBA
08-16-2010, 02:54 AM
It's got me stoked enough to play through the first game again.

I been meaning to go back cuz it glitched out and I got no achievements for anything I did, so this kinda prodded me to go back. Once I'm done I'll probably give #2 a go.

The trailer looks sweet, and the premis is intriguing, lets see where they take it. I suspect the reason Irrational passed on the 2nd one was cuz they felt the story of Rapture was told, this should give them a nice clean slate to tell another story, and there's no reason to think it'll be any different than the first time.

sw0rdfish-XBA
08-16-2010, 02:55 AM
..ok..... or you can just click the links in my post.

he's probably rather drive traffic to our site than another one, that's all.

Phailps
08-19-2010, 06:36 AM
I watched the trailer for this and I'm crazy excited. I've been in love with the Bioshock franchise since the first, GAH, I can't wait! Ok, I'm calm now...

ILLUSIVE
08-23-2010, 12:39 AM
I own, and have beaten, the original Bioshock game --- and I honestly didn't really like it so much... I didn't buy the second one, however, if this third game has a different feel than the first one --- being in a sky city and all --- then I will probably end up getting it...