PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting the 4th Borderlands DLC?

ILLUSIVE
08-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm definetly getting it...

Justin Bailey
08-22-2010, 01:49 AM
I'm definetly getting it...

has it been announced yet? if so its a definite buy for me as borderlands is incredible fun :cool:

ILLUSIVE
08-22-2010, 01:58 AM
As far as I know, it has been 100% confirmed and officially announced, and...

**SPOILERS**

If you remember the part at the end with the evil claptraps, it looks like this new (and 4th) DLC is going to be featuring those claptraps...

Justin Bailey
08-22-2010, 02:33 AM
awesome! I've bought every dlc so far and haven't been dissapointed yet!

ILLUSIVE
08-22-2010, 04:03 AM
So have I, which is why I cant believe you haven't heard of this new DLC yet... By the way, I'm almost positive it comes out next month for 10 dollars...

Variation-XBA
08-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Haven't even opened my game yet, so passing on the DLC for now ;)

Unreal
08-22-2010, 01:19 PM
awesome! I've bought every dlc so far and haven't been dissapointed yet!
I have bought every DLC for the game and I was dissappointed with MMU. So hopefully this makes up for it.

Symmetric-XBA
08-22-2010, 03:40 PM
I haven't played borderlands yet, still waiting for it to be in the bargin bin b4 i pick this up.

Justin Bailey
08-22-2010, 04:50 PM
I haven't played borderlands yet, still waiting for it to be in the bargin bin b4 i pick this up.

you're truly missing out man....the game is worth the $30 new you can get it for. Its not gonna drop much more anytime soon cause it still sells really well.

If you are at all into loot whoring games with rpg leveling and fps shooters with thousands of different weapons, then this game is an amazing mix of the two genres.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Justin Bailey
08-22-2010, 04:52 PM
http://www.1up.com/media?id=3835605&type=lg

After being leaked to some extent through files included with a recent PC patch, 2K Games and Gearbox officially announced a new DLC pack for Borderlands today called Claptrap's New Robot Revolution.
Just as was suspected, the fourth DLC pack will feature a rebellious Claptrap named Ninja Assassin. Among other enemies, players will face off against those that have been "Claptrap-ified," which the previous leak suggests are Claptrap versions of enemies. Those mentioned in the press release include crab-traps, rakk-traps, and skag-trapps.

"A year ago Borderlands was an untested brand that through hard work and a lot of passion, turned out to be one of the best-selling, claptastic and skagtacular games we have ever created," said 2K Games president Christoph Hartmann. "A year later, we are releasing our fourth DLC installment, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, which illustrates our enthusiasm for creating highly entertaining content that enhances a franchise. In addition to serving as the perfect bookend to the original game, what gamer doesn't love a kung-fu-wielding Ninja Assassin Claptrap with nunchuck skills?"

The DLC will be available in September on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC for $9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points. It will add more than 20 new missions, 10 new skill points, and three additional backpack slots for players to take advantage of with their characters.

I'm sold, sounds like another high quality dlc!

Symmetric-XBA
08-22-2010, 05:18 PM
this def. sounds like my kind of game.

ILLUSIVE
08-22-2010, 09:51 PM

Yeah, I agree with Justin... The game is pretty solid overall, and you can get it for pretty cheap already --- especially on the internet...

The game was SUPPOSED to be an "RPS", and a fusion between the RPG and FPS genres, but I personally view it as a failed attempt --- since I don't think it brought strong RPG elements to the table... However, the game is still pretty good...

ILLUSIVE
08-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Oh, by the way Justin, I see you found that official announcement that I was referring to earlier... I've heard some speculation among other fans that the new DLC will only feature 2 additional skillpoints instead of 10, but I'm still not 100% sure on that one...

ILLUSIVE
09-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Ok, so it looks like the Robot DLC is dropping September 28th, according to my sources, and just BEFORE that same DLC drops there will be a free Title Update available for download that will do several things: one of them being the ability to gain more levels...

I can't wait, but I wish they would have dropped the content a little bit earlier than the end of September...

:mad:

Unreal
09-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Sept 28th is a little far to wait but DA:O, ME2 and SS will keep me busy till then.