PDA

View Full Version : Is October a hard game buying month for you?

FrankForce77
08-24-2010, 12:18 PM
I have been limiting (or trying) my monthy video gaming by making a list of games coming out that month, looking and reading everything that I can about them and waiting until they are released and reviewed before I buy. This is usually the ritual that I follow and most months it is pretty easy to come up with a clear winner in which I will buy. October looks to be the biggest challange yet this year for me as their are 4 games that I am interested in that are getting released this October. I don't always look at reviews, videos and articles to make my decisions to buy a game but October is a challange for me, how about you all?

The Games I am looking at are as follows -
Two Worlds II
Arcania Gothic 4
Fable III
Enslaved Odyssey to the West

Now some of these titles I am more interested in than others but it's still a pretty big list to get down to only one game in this month to buy. I would really like to see Two Worlds II kick butt as I would get that over Fable III because I have still to beat Fable II.......Ah decisions, decisions frakkin decisions!

Vampero
08-24-2010, 01:17 PM
This what I will be buying:

Two Worlds II
NBA 2K11
Medal of Honor Limited Edition
Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition
Fable III Limited Edition

:cheers:

Steeps5
08-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Not at all lol. Just Halo: Reach =)

Ainokeatoo
08-24-2010, 01:52 PM
The only hard gaming decision for October, is whether or not to get the Fable 3 Limited edition or regular lol.

Vampero
08-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Not at all lol. Just Halo: Reach =)

That is coming in Sept...lol

Variation-XBA
08-24-2010, 05:08 PM
The only hard gaming decision for October, is whether or not to get the Fable 3 Limited edition or regular lol.

Just bite the bullet for once :p

I've got a crazy holidays coming up:

Sept -
Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition
Halo Reach: Legendary Edition

Oct -
Fable 3: Limted Edition
Two Worlds 2
Rock Band 3: Keyboard Bundle
DJ Hero 2
Fallout: New Vegas : Collector's Edition
Medal of Honor Limited Edition
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited Edition

Nov -
Kinect
Dance Central
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige Edition
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition

Steeps5
08-24-2010, 06:40 PM
That is coming in Sept...lol

Oh my gosh lol, I'm dumb =P. So I'll be changing this to none because I'm only getting Reach, Black Ops, and R.U.S.E (but for PC) this holiday season. Since Crysis 2 won't be out this year.

Unreal
08-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Most of what I will get in September will be DLC or XBLA games. :)

sw0rdfish-XBA
08-25-2010, 02:02 AM
The Games I am looking at are as follows -
Two Worlds II
Arcania Gothic 4
Fable III
Enslaved Odyssey to the West!

I love how no-one answered his question.

If you like the Fable series, go with that. More bang for your buck!

Of course waiting for reviews, if you have the self control, is never a bad idea.

Ricepuppet
08-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Wasnt Two Worlds one of the more crappier games?

Vampero
08-25-2010, 07:37 AM

The controls were kind of hard and It had bugs,but I still liked it a lot!! :hump:

Variation-XBA
08-25-2010, 10:43 AM

Yup it was terrible, but I completed the first one so I'm obligated

Ainokeatoo
08-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Yup it was terrible, but I completed the first one so I'm obligated

Lies, Var's wallet is just old and has holes in it :p

FrankForce77
08-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Lies, Var's wallet is just old and has holes in it :p

The first one was a pretty hard play with all the bugs and it looked like doggie poo but II is running a brand new engine and it looks much better than the first. The coop is what I want to see how good it works because I know that Fable III will have coop and so for me it's going to be Two Worlds vs. Fable III with a Gothic 4 purchase in Nov. because their is nothing in that month I want.

Variation-XBA
08-25-2010, 04:23 PM
so for me it's going to be Two Worlds vs. Fable III

Fable 3, hands down. Don't even put them against each other.

sw0rdfish-XBA
08-25-2010, 05:18 PM
The first one was a pretty hard play with all the bugs and it looked like doggie poo but II is running a brand new engine and it looks much better than the first. The coop is what I want to see how good it works because I know that Fable III will have coop and so for me it's going to be Two Worlds vs. Fable III with a Gothic 4 purchase in Nov. because their is nothing in that month I want.

Why not get another october game in November then? If youd rather Tow Worlds, then get that and screw Gothic. Don't buy it just cuz its a november game.

FrankForce77
08-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Actually all 3 of the RPG's that I am looking for are a Oct. release so I am looking at what I will get out of them in Oct. I am trying to limit myself to one game purchase a month as I gotta start saving some money up.

Symmetric-XBA
08-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Arcania Gothic 4 has steadily climbed my priority list as a must have. Originally I was planning on waiting till this was in the bargin bin before picking it up, but that has changed. Fable III has a LOT of promises from Molyneux (what else is new right?), and we will see how many of his promises actually stay true in Fable III. Remember how Fable II was promised to support a lot of different co-op features, however, this promise got axed along w/ a lot of others b4 Fable II got released. Even Fable II's collectors edt. got screwed over and it got reduced to what you see now. Two Worlds was a f'ing disgrace. I hated the fact that I had to put my game on hold and enter in codes just to make the game run more smoothly. I hated the fact that I had to in essence, turn the quality of the game down just in order to deal w/ the bugs and b.s. of Two Worlds. TW 2 was @ E3 this past year, and this is def. going to be a bargin bin pickup for me. If thats the list of the games you're lookin at, I'd narrow it down btw Gothic 4 and Fable III

Justin Bailey
08-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Arcania Gothic 4 has steadily climbed my priority list as a must have. Originally I was planning on waiting till this was in the bargin bin before picking it up, but that has changed. Fable III has a LOT of promises from Molyneux (what else is new right?), and we will see how many of his promises actually stay true in Fable III. Remember how Fable II was promised to support a lot of different co-op features, however, this promise got axed along w/ a lot of others b4 Fable II got released. Even Fable II's collectors edt. got screwed over and it got reduced to what you see now. Two Worlds was a f'ing disgrace. I hated the fact that I had to put my game on hold and enter in codes just to make the game run more smoothly. I hated the fact that I had to in essence, turn the quality of the game down just in order to deal w/ the bugs and b.s. of Two Worlds. TW 2 was @ E3 this past year, and this is def. going to be a bargin bin pickup for me. If thats the list of the games you're lookin at, I'd narrow it down btw Gothic 4 and Fable III

you're basing purchase decisions from a show that was almost 3 months ago on games that aren't even finished yet? Perhaps you should wait for reviews before writing games off as "bargain bin". Two Worlds 2 is running on a completely different engine than the first one and already looks leagues better graphically.

Gameplay wise, two worlds did a LOT of things right, for instance the loot was great, you actually had incentive to explore the world cause you never know what you'll find and the enemies didn't level scale with you, both big issues I had with oblivion. Also the weapon/armor/spell stacking was a brilliant idea for rpgs.

Needless to say, despite all the flaws of the first one, I still enjoyed the game A LOT and based on what I've seen of tw2 and what I've read from professional reviewers who've had time with the game behind closed doors and not on a loud show floor, tw2 sounds like its gonna be a great game for open world rpg fans along with Arcania: gothic 4.

Khris Redfield
10-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Most of the time I do my homework but still play them cause I play most games anyways. My favs for this month is Fallout: New Vegas, Fable III, mainly because I've played their previous titles and loved them, but to give Multiplaya a rest for a bit. SvR 11 is a must for me cause I'm a fan.