PDA

View Full Version : Beat 'em up challenge

Afro Aura
03-13-2002, 01:29 PM
as most of these games are coming to the XBOX which one of these do you think is the best beat'em up

take it from there last series

hehehe I put Tekken in there because you never know?

l Maximus l
03-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Mortal Kombat will revolutionize the Fighting Game genre once again! Expect excellence with this new one! Soul Caliber 2 also looks to be a winner :)

JJaX
03-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Well being Ive never played Soul calibur 2 i cant say its the best. But Soul calibur is still better than all those games (combined) Sooooo do the math ;)

How can we say which game is better when we havent played them yet??? The question should be, Which Fighting game do you think will be the champoin. But we all know its gonna be:

SOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUL CALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Legend will never Die!

RudedogX
03-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Gotta have Mortal Kombat. I definetly agree with maximus, this game will revolutionize the idea of a fighting game.

JJaX
03-13-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Gotta have Mortal Kombat. I definetly agree with maximus, this game will revolutionize the idea of a fighting game.

I dunnooooo

Whens the last time Midway banged out a superior fighting game? 1995?

l Maximus l
03-13-2002, 02:32 PM
Need I say more? :D

http://www.mortalkombat.com/images/quanchi_palace.jpg
http://www.mortalkombat.com/images/jx_scrpn_full.jpg
http://www.mortalkombat.com/images/mk_da_image2.jpg
http://www.mortalkombat.com/images/mk_quanchi_img.jpg

JJaX
03-13-2002, 02:47 PM
MaX you do realize thats concept art right. Thats all CG.

Dont get me wrong MaX, I thinks it could be a great game and i cant wait to play it. But comon, Soul calibur Need i say more :D

RudedogX
03-13-2002, 02:54 PM
jjax, I'm sorry man, but i've gotta go with the originator on fighting games with weapons. SF had no weapons, Mortal Kombat blew up with their weapons and several clones followed. Yeah, I'll admit Soul Caliber 2 is not far behind Kombat on my interest, but I am very interested to see what they plan to do with the new software and new format. If the screenshots or movies or 'concept art' is any indication of what is to come, well...D@MN I EXCITED!

Afro Aura
03-13-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Need I say more? :D

Max pictures ain't saying nothing, NOW moving pictures thats a whole new thing as Jjax said when have Midway done a decent game, in my mind Midway has to come a long way to prove me wrong as with all there games that look rough at the edges, never completed.
They can buy names but they can't do anything with them, most of there ports look exactly like the machine they took it off ie PoS2 and thats one of the most irritating thing I hate and thats LAZY programmers

so I will bide my time and wait to see if Midway has done MK the repect it earns.....for the XBOX

PS nice pictures though and yeah 3hours and the XBOX baby 2 will be in my house with Rallisport Challenge

JJaX
03-13-2002, 03:02 PM
jjax, I'm sorry man, but i've gotta go with the originator on fighting games with weapons. SF had no weapons, Mortal Kombat blew up with their weapons and several clones followed.

Mortal kombat wasnt the 1st game to introduce weapons to fighting. Plus mortal kombats weapons fighting system was more of an extra. But it was still kinda fun. But like every other MK series before it, Combos will be limited, And everyone is gonna develop the same fighting strategy with each individual character.
Think about scorpion, Deep jump kick,teleport punch, spear, knock into air, air throw.

If you notice with MK games People find a strategy that works for each fighter. Then everyone uses it because it truly is the best.

In soul calibur everyone develops ther own Unique way to fight with each fighter (and even bonds with there favorite). Making everyones who plays the games fighters unique. For example, NiK, Shererboat and I all got really good with Mitsurugi. But all of us had different fighting styles and strategys. HA HA Your Sung-mini is no match for my Knightmare HA Ha

Trust me, From a veteran fighters point of view. Soul calibur by far has the greatest depth and Uniqueness.

WoW, I actually made a dam good point!

JJaX
03-13-2002, 03:30 PM
WoW, I must have made a good point. Cuz no one is telling me im Wrong.

**JJaX Bows in his own Excellence

l Maximus l
03-13-2002, 03:32 PM
I understand what you mean about concept art and stuff...but, this is not concept art...it's in-game (Also, there is a movie...it's awesome!! I will see if I can find it) :

http://www.mortalkombat.com/images/jx_scrpn_full.jpg

Afro Aura
03-13-2002, 04:05 PM
I understand what you mean about concept art and stuff...but, this is not concept art...it's in-game (Also, there is a movie...it's awesome!! I will see if I can find it) :

Cool and if you can then I know that Midway has nothing to do with this game LOL

shererboat
03-14-2002, 06:38 AM
Also JJaX, our strategy in soul actually strarted at the select screen......u develop unique skills with each fighter, but u also develop unique skills against different opponents.....

for example, i would never use my sung mina against ur nightmare.......but i would pick her in a heartbeat against nicks hwang!!

as compared to mk, where if u used that scorpion combo mentioned before (get over here!!) , it could very well be effective against anyone....

then again, all that really needs to be said in defense of soul is: guard impact!!!!! ;)

linkycat
03-14-2002, 10:40 AM
Soul Caliber.. DC... wet myself slowly... bbbbbrrrbbrrllbllrrrbbb *blowing spit bubbles*

That game rocked! SO much to do, it kept ya busy for hours. My money's on SC2, and if Mortal kombat has that kind of expansive gameplay it will be a very very pleaset suprise!

JJaX
03-14-2002, 10:46 AM
i can honestly say that anyone thats really played Soul calibur (you know who you are) knows that this is by far the best fighting game. EVER. Period. And if you think other than yous a fooL. Im not being ignorant, i just know these things.

JJaX
03-15-2002, 12:46 PM
7 votes for MK. AcK you people Stink :D

shererboat
03-15-2002, 01:06 PM
honestly i think this would be a better thread after all games are released......or at least MK and Soul this these seem to be the 2 heavyweights!!!

after theyre out atleast, we'll actually know how good the gameplay is and critique that.........;)

l Maximus l
03-15-2002, 01:13 PM
I haven't honestly played Soul Caliber before...and, I'm very much looking forward to picking it up. I chose Mortal Kombat because I'm a die hard fan of MK and this new enhanced version of it looks to be extremely impressive. I have high hopes for it!

That's where I am coming from when I voted for MK over Soul Caliber 2...I have never played Soul Caliber...but, from what I have been hearing, the game sounds exactly the type of fighting game I like: ones that take skill. :)

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 01:18 PM
Mortal Kombat will revolutionize the Fighting Game genre once again! Expect excellence with this new one! Soul Caliber 2 also looks to be a winner :)

waximus is smokin crack with his MK predictions:rolleyes:

First off how is this a real vote and non of the games are even out yet:rolleyes:
Anyone who votes is just guessing.

But how about greatest fighter ever. I got 2 words foe ya!

like my dawg jjax said, Soooooooooooooouuuuuul Caaaaaaaaaaaaalibur!!!!!!!!:cool:

LynxFX
03-15-2002, 01:22 PM
I was voting based on the series rather than specific games of the series which aren't even out yet.

So with that in mind I voted Mortal Kombat. And yes I have played Soul Calibur.

l Maximus l
03-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

waximus is smokin crack with his MK predictions:rolleyes:

First off how is this a real vote and non of the games are even out yet:rolleyes:
Anyone who votes is just guessing.

But how about greatest fighter ever. I got 2 words foe ya!

like my dawg jjax said, Soooooooooooooouuuuuul Caaaaaaaaaaaaalibur!!!!!!!!:cool:

Dude...we will wait and see...it's going to be a bloody rivalry if they happen to be both launched at the same time :D Regardless, I plan on picking up both :)

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I was voting based on the series rather than specific games of the series which aren't even out yet.

So with that in mind I voted Mortal Kombat. And yes I have played Soul Calibur.

Lynxfx, I dont mean no harm dude, but you gotta be a d@mn fool to say MK's series put together could even be in da same sentence as the legendary Soul Calibur.:rolleyes:

I take this topic very seriously cause it annoys me to see people care for a tired ass milked out boring series as MK.
I know everyone is intitled to their own opinion, but I drawn the line when it comes to fighters.

Pleeeeeease, you or anyone who is silly enough to pick MK, please give me one reason MK is a better series and Soul Calibur and I will apologize for anything I said. Which I wont since no one can give me one reason:rolleyes:

JJaX
03-15-2002, 01:52 PM
Its pretty obvious that we can root out the real fighting fans in here. Ninja bro, Dont worry when they come out i wonder who there gonna ask for tips.....

l Maximus l
03-15-2002, 01:58 PM
Pleeeeeease, you or anyone who is silly enough to pick MK, please give me one reason MK is a better series and Soul Calibur and I will apologize for anything I said. Which I wont since no one can give me one reason:rolleyes:

Since I haven't played Soul Caliber, I'm curious if that game has some of the good old classic satire that MK does? Also, does Soul Caliber have satirical fatalities?

If not, Soul Caliber would definately be #2 place for me out of the two :)

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Its pretty obvious that we can root out the real fighting fans in here. Ninja bro, Dont worry when they come out i wonder who there gonna ask for tips.....

hahaha, I feel ya jjax. When will they ever learn:rolleyes:

JJaX
03-15-2002, 02:03 PM

Since I haven't played Soul Caliber, I'm curious if that game has some of the good old classic satire that MK does? Also, does Soul Caliber have satirical fatalities?

If your gonna play a fighting game just to see the fatalities your not really getting the point of a fighting game. Im sorry but the level you can take MK to is really minamal.

JJaX
03-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Maximus, in case you missed it the 1st time around......

Mortal kombat wasnt the 1st game to introduce weapons to fighting. Plus mortal kombats weapons fighting system was more of an extra. But it was still kinda fun. But like every other MK series before it, Combos will be limited, And everyone is gonna develop the same fighting strategy with each individual character.
Think about scorpion, Deep jump kick,teleport punch, spear, knock into air, air throw.

If you notice with MK games People find a strategy that works for each fighter. Then everyone uses it because it truly is the best.

In soul calibur everyone develops ther own Unique way to fight with each fighter (and even bonds with there favorite). Making everyones who plays the games fighters unique. For example, NiK, Shererboat and I all got really good with Mitsurugi. But all of us had different fighting styles and strategys. HA HA Your Sung-mini is no match for my Knightmare HA Ha

Trust me, From a veteran fighters point of view. Soul calibur by far has the greatest depth and Uniqueness.

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 02:08 PM

Okay, I see a weakness in waxy is the fighting gerne of gaming.
Dude, let me get this right. your saying MK is the best series and the new one will be the best fighter ever, but you never played Soul Calibur?:rolleyes:

Come on bro, that's like me saying SNK has the best 2D fighters ever but never played Street Fighter in my life!:eek:

I revealed you waximus. Sad to say- you lost this one sunshine!

***Ninja calls jjax up in Dirty Jersey** Yo jjax, how about a we run one on Soul Calibur while the other XBA's are bored to death with MK4's tired ass graphics & gameplay***

l Maximus l
03-15-2002, 02:10 PM
JJax...I understood your point. I was simply trying to show that Mortal Kombat is unique to the fighting genre in that they utilize satirical special moves and fatalities.

Now, I agree that fatalities is not the most important thing...however, it is icing on the cake. MK definatley takes skill and certainly doesn't qualify as a button masher, of course. And, by the sound of Soul Caliber, that also seems to be the case. I am looking forward to SC, too :)

But, like I said, Mortal Kombat is a great series, in my opinion, and I think that they could really make a huge "Komeback" with their new engine and platform that it's created on. So, I guess we will all see. I really love how the past Mortal Kombat games have made my emotions change from serious to laughing my ass off on the fly!

l Maximus l
03-15-2002, 02:12 PM

Okay, I see a weakness in waxy is the fighting gerne of gaming.
Dude, let me get this right. your saying MK is the best series and the new one will be the best fighter ever, but you never played Soul Calibur?:rolleyes:

Come on bro, that's like me saying SNK has the best 2D fighters ever but never played Street Fighter in my life!:eek:

I revealed you waximus. Sad to say- you lost this one sunshine!

***Ninja calls jjax up in Dirty Jersey** Yo jjax, how about a we run one on Soul Calibur while the other XBA's are bored to death with MK4's tired ass graphics & gameplay***

Geez, dude...you have a talent in reading a meaning into my sentences that is not there :rolleyes:

Read it carefully...all I did was ask a couple questions... ;)

Also, don't forget to read the post before this one :)

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 02:13 PM

YOu aint lieing, that's the best post you made in what?.... two, three weeks!:D
This is da jjax I like, da one who speaks da realness, not da bashful flaming one that disses newbies!:D ... wait a second:confused: I was doing dat too!!:D

shererboat
03-15-2002, 02:14 PM
like i said b4, all thats needs to be borught up in souls defense is: GUARD IMPACT

this just escalates soul above (and way beyond) all other fighting games........

JJaX
03-15-2002, 02:27 PM
We are never gonna win this argument. If someone one likes a game better than another more power to them. And MaX seems pretty optimistic about SC2 too. I guess its kinda like why do people like FEVER? Its all about preferences and MAX has no proir experiece with soul calibur so the obvoius choice is MK. Hell i would think MK was great to, Until i played a real fighting game..........

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by shererboat
like i said b4, all thats needs to be borught up in souls defense is: GUARD IMPACT

this just escalates soul above (and way beyond) all other fighting games........

Their you go shererboat, ( Scott Hall says) 1 more, foe da good guyz!
Waxy, you out numbers junior- your my side kick and all, but your just not reasoning with your master- Ninja Jubei!

Dude, you say you got a Dreamcast right? And you work at a electronic store as well right? Well go cop dat Soul Calibur on DC and you will say "MK WHO?":confused:

Trust me, then again........ you didnt believe me about Genma Onimusha.... figures:rolleyes:

Kortiz
03-15-2002, 03:01 PM
hehe when i took this poll, first thought was....SOUL CALIBUR 2 BABY!!!!!

hehe Mortal Kombat did cross my mind as i have seen the pictures....and thinking how Halo looks witht he shinyness and such, mortal kombat will probly be an awesome game, yet, when i got Xbox i was looking for halo first and then Soul Calibur2 and shenmue, DC owners know that if you didnt have Soul Calibur you were a nobody, that game is the friggen **** man.

i will probably get MK but SC2 is going to be the game that i get the day it arrives in stores.

LynxFX
03-15-2002, 03:06 PM
LOL, ok I'll back up my choice.

I picked MK because I was good at the MK series. Well, good enough. I loved the characters, their moves, and the fatalities. It was just a bloody mess and a blast to play.

I never owned a DC but played SC on it at a friends house and in the arcade. It is a cool game but I was never good at it so that puts a damper on the fun factor.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm with Maximus and will buy both MK and SC2 for the Xbox. I liked the weapons in SC and with some practice hope to get good at that game as well. But MK has a special place in my gaming memories so I'm sticking with my choice. MK: #1 SC: #2

JJaX
03-15-2002, 03:11 PM
I liked the weapons in SC and with some practice hope to get good at that game as well.

You can never practice to much in Soul calibur. After having the game for a year and a half i was still learning things i never imagined i could do. The point of soul charges, Spirit charges, Guarteed juggles. Man this game is deep. You dont get good at soul calibur, Your skillz actually evolve. And if you got a group of friends that evolve with you, Your gonna have some sick fights. trust me, Soul calibur 4 Life!

I can honestly say, After a good bout in SOul, you really gotta get up and shake your friends hand. yes its that serious.

We always played best to 3 wins, wins. Loser gives up controller. And 1 out of every 3 fights would come down to the 6th round and end in a climatic series of guardimpacts, skilled blocking and fakes. *****HAVING FLASH BACKS!!! MUST HOOK UP DC NOW *******

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 03:13 PM
LOL, ok I'll back up my choice.

I picked MK because I was good at the MK series. Well, good enough. I loved the characters, their moves, and the fatalities. It was just a bloody mess and a blast to play.

I never owned a DC but played SC on it at a friends house and in the arcade. It is a cool game but I was never good at it so that puts a damper on the fun factor.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm with Maximus and will buy both MK and SC2 for the Xbox. I liked the weapons in SC and with some practice hope to get good at that game as well. But MK has a special place in my gaming memories so I'm sticking with my choice. MK: #1 SC: #2

I respect your opinion Lynxfx. you made your points. But we all sucked whe nwe first played Soul Calibur in the arcades. It's all about wanting to better yourself and learn da ropes of the skillz and balance with a deep game such as Soul Calibur.
It take a little bit of time to get into the flow of things, and that's what was the driving force in my blood.
Only if you knew the beat downs I took before I knew what was going on. And the to be as good as they come in this game to just go into the arcade on a winning streak so long I just give my game to da roody poo I just opened up a can of whoop ass on!:D

Dude, dont just right off a game because you feel you suck at it. Give it a chance and it just might win you over.:)

JJaX
03-15-2002, 03:16 PM

I respect your opinion Lynxfx. you made your points. But we all sucked whe nwe first played Soul Calibur in the arcades. It's all about wanting to better yourself and learn da ropes of the skillz and balance with a deep game such as Soul Calibur.
It take a little bit of time to get into the flow of things, and that's what was the driving force in my blood.
Only if you knew the beat downs I took before I knew what was going on. And the to be as good as they come in this game to just go into the arcade on a winning streak so long I just give my game to da roody poo I just opened up a can of whoop ass on!:D

Dude, dont just right off a game because you feel you suck at it. Give it a chance and it just might win you over.:) Well said.....

If any game is worth learning, Its soul. Then you'll know why it truly is #1.

Check out http://www.guardimpact.com if you wanna see what souls all about. The level of skill you can take to this game is amazing.

P.S. Ninja, I bet i can whoop your ass too!

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 03:20 PM
Well said.....

If any game is worth learning, Its soul. Then you'll know why it truly is #1.

P.S. Ninja, I bet i can whoop your ass too!

YOU DIDNT SAY DAT,........ PLEASE TELL ME YOU DID NOT JUST SAY DAT?!:confused:

I knew it was coming sooner or later from you jjax!:D
Dude, I'll get anyone of dem sword swinging character except for da big slow b@stards and open up a can of Ninja whoop ass all over your Dirty Jersey Crib YO!

As a matter of fact, im on my way to jersey now!!!!!!!!! :D

JJaX
03-15-2002, 03:23 PM

YOU DIDNT SAY DAT,........ PLEASE TELL ME YOU DID NOT JUST SAY DAT?!:confused:

I knew it was coming sooner or later from you jjax!:D
Dude, I'll get anyone of dem sword swinging character except for da big slow b@stards and open up a can of Ninja whoop ass all over your Dirty Jersey Crib YO!

As a matter of fact, im on my way to jersey now!!!!!!!!! :D

Please Yo. You dont even know the level of skillz ive reached in Soul. Ill be faking you out with unblockable cancels, Guard impacting everything you throw at me, catching you sleeping with a spirit attack, Stun you, hit you in the air land some big damage. Mix up my combos so bad your head would be spinning. If theres any game im confident about, Its my soul calibur. BaleeD DaT

Hell, Ill fill up a VHS tape of Me+NiK+shererboat squaring off and Fed-ex that to you. Youll be scared after that, trust me ;)

Alright, Im out for da weekend. PEace. Ninja better start training in soul calibur, cause im comin for ya! *WHAt CHA GONNA DOOOOO!"

l Maximus l
03-15-2002, 03:44 PM
We are never gonna win this argument. If someone one likes a game better than another more power to them. And MaX seems pretty optimistic about SC2 too. I guess its kinda like why do people like FEVER? Its all about preferences and MAX has no proir experiece with soul calibur so the obvoius choice is MK. Hell i would think MK was great to, Until i played a real fighting game..........

I will, undoubtably, pick up Soul Caliber 2 when it comes out...you and I have similar tastes in games. Since Soul Caliber 2 is one of those games that require time and skill, it's definately my kind of fighting game.

Which brings me to the point why I like Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat takes time and skill to become good. I can care less if anyone wants to disagree, because, I know first hand that by having every character's special moves memorized, I will kick the crap out of any button masher while playing it. It takes real skill and this is what interests me in fighting games. So, from what I have to hear about Soul Caliber 2, it really attracts me to that game if there is skill to be gained.

Hopefully I am clear now :)

LynxFX
03-15-2002, 04:13 PM
Yeah I probably didn't give SC enough of a chance. I didn't own a DC and didn't have the change to keep playing at the arcade.

I just need some friends to come over and play though. It isn't the same playing fighting games by yourself. Infact I think that is a sin. :D

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 04:48 PM

Please Yo. You dont even know the level of skillz ive reached in Soul. Ill be faking you out with unblockable cancels, Guard impacting everything you throw at me, catching you sleeping with a spirit attack, Stun you, hit you in the air land some big damage. Mix up my combos so bad your head would be spinning. If theres any game im confident about, Its my soul calibur. BaleeD DaT

Hell, Ill fill up a VHS tape of Me+NiK+shererboat squaring off and Fed-ex that to you. Youll be scared after that, trust me ;)

Alright, Im out for da weekend. PEace. Ninja better start training in soul calibur, cause im comin for ya! *WHAt CHA GONNA DOOOOO!"

Im gonna holding you to dat jjax, send me a tape young buck!

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 04:52 PM
Yeah I probably didn't give SC enough of a chance. I didn't own a DC and didn't have the change to keep playing at the arcade.

I just need some friends to come over and play though. It isn't the same playing fighting games by yourself. Infact I think that is a sin. :D

Your in Colorodo right? Okay, i'll bring my Dreamcast and two controllers, what's da next plane to da Rocky Mountains?
Time to turn Lynxfx from a boy into a man with Soul Calibur!:D

Ninja Scroll
03-15-2002, 04:54 PM

Which brings me to the point why I like Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat takes time and skill to become good.

LMAO!! Funniest post I have read today! Good joke waximus!:D

JADE8704
03-15-2002, 05:02 PM
im looking forward to MK:DA...I hope it doesn't turn out like MK4 though :eek:

l Maximus l
03-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704
im looking forward to MK:DA...I hope it doesn't turn out like MK4 though :eek:

I hear ya! I guess the new Mortal Kombat is being created on a completely new platform and is set to blow us all away! I can't wait to see the final product.

As for Ninja Turtle: I would love to see how you would hold up against me while playing Mortal Kombat! No skill required? BWAHAHAHA! You're a regular button masher! BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA!!! :D

LynxFX
03-15-2002, 05:25 PM
Alright Ninja,

Flights leave at 5:20, 6:40, and 9:10 I will pick you up when I darn well feel like it. :D DIA is a big airport. I'm sure you will find something to pass the time.

JADE8704
03-15-2002, 05:58 PM
this game will have online features?? sweet!

Afro Aura
03-15-2002, 06:31 PM
Hey as anyone ever seen of played any of the VFs come on someone must have, VF is and will always be the best 3D beat 'em up EVER

Yeah Jjax and Ninja, I've played Soul Calibur and yes it's a d@mn fine game with the parries this is the same with VF with the counters but VF just has the edge over SC

wweomaniac
03-16-2002, 10:20 AM
No! I voted for Tekken 3 times, but all three times, it wouldnt allow me to choose it. Then just to see if the poll was screwed up, I chose Mortal Kombat. I know Mortal Kombat was good when it came out, but I don't think the series has really improved. The latest edition to M$ might be good, but that doesn't make me change my mind about Tekken being the best.

JJaX
03-18-2002, 07:45 AM

Which brings me to the point why I like Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat takes time and skill to become good. I can care less if anyone wants to disagree, because, I know first hand that by having every character's special moves memorized, I will kick the crap out of any button masher while playing it.

CoMOn NOW MaX!!!!

If memorizing "special" moves makes you a premier fighter in a series thats gotta say something! Im sorry, But disshing out "special" moves at a slow pace in a 2d arena isnt my idea of a legendary fighting. And button mashing is pointless in any MK series, Being when you hit punch to many times the player stands still throwing punches. :p

Well Max, I guess your just trapped in a void of time, were fighting games required you to know all 4 of your special moves to be the champ! :D :D

MaX, Do yourself a favor (assuming you have DC) Get Soul calibur and play it. ;)

Afro Aura
03-18-2002, 04:20 PM
and Virtua Fighter 3, although that has to be the worst of the VF series

l Maximus l
03-18-2002, 04:25 PM

CoMOn NOW MaX!!!!

If memorizing "special" moves makes you a premier fighter in a series thats gotta say something! Im sorry, But disshing out "special" moves at a slow pace in a 2d arena isnt my idea of a legendary fighting. And button mashing is pointless in any MK series, Being when you hit punch to many times the player stands still throwing punches. :p

Well Max, I guess your just trapped in a void of time, were fighting games required you to know all 4 of your special moves to be the champ! :D :D

MaX, Do yourself a favor (assuming you have DC) Get Soul calibur and play it. ;)

JJax, I will, undoubtably purchase Soul Caliber 2...so, don't worry about that, compadre :D

However, in regards to Mortal Kombat, this new one is going to be a completely new game, made on a completely different platform and in 3D. So, let's keep an open mind on this new one....That's all I'm doing! Of course, I haven't seen the new MK yet, but, from what I have seen so far, it has me the most hyped.

As for the older MKs rapid punch...I can't comment on that since I never did that before...I was too busy pulling off other tactical stunts than bothering with pounding buttons ;) hehe

JJaX
03-18-2002, 07:26 PM
sneak peak at our winner

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2855603,00.html

JJaX
03-19-2002, 07:57 AM
Rise and Shine

*BumP*

RudedogX
03-19-2002, 09:20 AM
JJax,

Even though I've gotta agree that Soul Caliber was ahead of it's time when it came out (it's still one of the best fighting games in terms of contents and graphics), I always thought that MK was the same way when it came out. Unfortunately, like every franchise that gets numerous sequels, it became diluted in thinking that the developers could just add more characters and keep it on a 2d plane. This is where the old MKs end and the new MK begins. The new MK will be in the 3D plane, and if you do not think that Midway is not going to take a page out of everyone's books (Soul Caliber, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, etc...), to create a new and improved style of gameplay, you're only fooling yourself! Personally, I have Soul Caliber, and I loved playing every second of it, and there's no question in my mind that I am going to get Soul Caliber 2, but, I am going to get Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance first! I am that much more excited about the prospect of what they are going to do, than the prospect of Soul Caliber 2.

One more thing...I do enjoy the fatalities that Mortal Kombat provides, even though they are just for show, if nothing else for the sake of rubbing salt into the wounds of those players that I just beat!

JJaX
03-19-2002, 09:30 AM
JJax,

Even though I've gotta agree that Soul Caliber was ahead of it's time when it came out (it's still one of the best fighting games in terms of contents and graphics), I always thought that MK was the same way when it came out. Unfortunately, like every franchise that gets numerous sequels, it became diluted in thinking that the developers could just add more characters and keep it on a 2d plane. This is where the old MKs end and the new MK begins. The new MK will be in the 3D plane, and if you do not think that Midway is not going to take a page out of everyone's books (Soul Caliber, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, etc...), to create a new and improved style of gameplay, you're only fooling yourself! Personally, I have Soul Caliber, and I loved playing every second of it, and there's no question in my mind that I am going to get Soul Caliber 2, but, I am going to get Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance first! I am that much more excited about the prospect of what they are going to do, than the prospect of Soul Caliber 2.

One more thing...I do enjoy the fatalities that Mortal Kombat provides, even though they are just for show, if nothing else for the sake of rubbing salt into the wounds of those players that I just beat!

You make a good point. I was'nt thinking along the lines of "Heres Midways chance to do something innovated with an etablished franchise" If you look at it that way i see why your so excited about MK. Dont get me wrong, I want my MK too! ;)

But i was just arguing the point that SC was a better fighter than all the previous MKs.

No doubt ill probaly get them both. But 1st im gonna have to go with the sure shot SC2.

RudedogX
03-19-2002, 09:42 AM

You make a good point. I was'nt thinking along the lines of "Heres Midways chance to do something innovated with an etablished franchise" If you look at it that way i see why your so excited about MK. Dont get me wrong, I want my MK too! ;)

But i was just arguing the point that SC was a better fighter than all the previous MKs.

No doubt ill probaly get them both. But 1st im gonna have to go with the sure shot SC2.

Without a doubt SC is a better fighter than all the previous MKs, the difference is one is in 2d and one in 3d created a year (or so)after the final MK. I definetly give SC it's props, it (like MK) revolutionized the meaning of Fighting games for their time. Just like you though, I will definetly get both.

Ninja Scroll
03-19-2002, 10:22 AM
I have not repied to this thread since last week and by seeing how MK as of this post is leading the way 15 to 10 over Soul Calibur I dont see no reason to continue debating on how Soul Calibur is in a league of it's own and MK is a has been crappy fighter.
My poor XBA comrades are brainwashed by Midways bloody boring milked out franchise:(
I just dont have no faith in Midway trying to make a realistic comeback with Deadly Alliances. They just have fumbled every time since MKII.:rolleyes:

And to all those guys saying im gonna get SC2, sheeeeeeesh, you better start off with the legendary one that starting it all (and im not takin about Soul Edge either:rolleyes: ) in Soul Calibur on DC.:cool:
Greatest.Fighter.Ever

JJaX
03-19-2002, 10:25 AM

And to all those guys saying im gonna get SC2, sheeeeeeesh, you better start off with the legendary one that starting it all (and im not takin about Soul Edge either:rolleyes: ) in Soul Calibur on DC.:cool:
Greatest.Fighter.Ever

AgreeD!!!!

Ninja not sure if you missed this or not

Im getting pumped!!!!!! But im a little disappointed that they changed the 8-way run system. No double taps to engage?!?!?

Ninja Scroll
03-19-2002, 10:36 AM

AgreeD!!!!

Ninja not sure if you missed this or not

Im getting pumped!!!!!! But im a little disappointed that they changed the 8-way run system. No double taps to engage?!?!?

thanks for the link jjax, and yes I did miss that one! I have not even seen those new pics either.
Anyone who is a fighting fan should check out the link jjax has bought to the non believers as well.
Isnt it funny how Dreamcast is a thing of the past but all media including internet & magazines still cant get enought of the Dreamcast classic. Hmmmmm, wonder where are all those writers & editors at that are still playing MK3 & MK4 on their old respective console!:rolleyes:

RudedogX
03-19-2002, 10:49 AM

thanks for the link jjax, and yes I did miss that one! I have not even seen those new pics either.
Anyone who is a fighting fan should check out the link jjax has bought to the non believers as well.
Isnt it funny how Dreamcast is a thing of the past but all media including internet & magazines still cant get enought of the Dreamcast classic. Hmmmmm, wonder where are all those writers & editors at that are still playing MK3 & MK4 on their old respective console!:rolleyes:

No doubt Midway fumbled the ball after MK2, I totally agree with you, and yeah, I do have Soul Caliber and as I stated earlier, I love that game! My favorite character would have to be Edge Master, just for the sake of he (and the boss, I forget his name right now) reminds me of Shang Tsung (in MK2), in that you can be all of the characters with those two characters, and so you have to learn everyone's moves. But Ninja, if you think that Midway is going to make all this hype about their first real Console (only) fighter, a fighter that is going to have to surpass all expectations to succeed...like I told JJax, you're only fooling yourself. MKDA all the way for my most wanted, SC2 right on it's coattails. As far as I'm concerned the race is neck and neck, but arguing over SC vs MK (the series up till the last one) is like arguing whether or not the XBox is better than SNES, they're on two different playing fields in two different times. Things will change, of that, I have no doubt!

JJaX
03-19-2002, 10:52 AM

My favorite character would have to be Edge Master, just for the sake of he (and the boss, I forget his name right now) reminds me of Shang Tsung (in MK2), in that you can be all of the characters with those two characters, and so you have to learn everyone's moves.

*GASP!*

Its inferno man! INFERNO!!!!

I thought you were a SC fan! :(

the only advatage i see in using Edgemaster /Inferno is yes they change fighters every round. BUt some times you get stuck with garabage (voldo anyone?) But getting a fighter you rarely use can be an advatage too, being your opponent may have become acustom to your favortire fighting style and fighter. Less predictablilty~ *JJaX raises Eyebrow

RudedogX
03-19-2002, 10:56 AM
I've gotta agree voldo does suck, but he can be kinda interesting to use sometimes (especially when people don't understand what he can do from some of the positions he gets himself into)!

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 10:56 AM
sneak peak at our winner

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Way to show a site by Gamespot! BWHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!
;)

Don't get me wrong, however....I plan on picking up Soul Caliber 2 and I will, most likely, enjoy it :)

As for Mortal Kombat, when I said that it takes skill by knowing all of the special moves earlier, I failed to mention it takes skill to pull off each move and particular times and situations. Of course, this takes skill. MK is definately not a button masher by any means...you have to admit that.

JJaX
03-19-2002, 11:04 AM

As for Mortal Kombat, when I said that it takes skill by knowing all of the special moves earlier, I failed to mention it takes skill to pull off each move and particular times and situations. Of course, this takes skill. MK is definately not a button masher by any means...you have to admit that.

Max i hate to do this, But i think were on two different levels of intensity here. You can only take MK so far! The possibliltys in SC are endless, While as MK your limited. Its hard to explain, Its like having someone tell you chess sucks but checkers takes more strategy and has better gameplay. I really cant think of anyother way to put it. Just that SC is eons ahead of MK on the technical side of a fighter.

Even if you took away:

repels/perrys/stuns/unbloackables/cancels/soul charges/spirit charges/8 way run/ stuns/ and counters/rolls/weight balance/multiple stances/low grabs

SC would still be a more technical fighter than MK.

Your like comparing the skills required to solve a simple addition equation to a complex calculus problem. MK = Simple mathamatics.

PERIOD!

*JJaX raises fist in air like he just won a boxing match

DING! DING! DING! This ones over......

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 11:36 AM

Max i hate to do this, But i think were on two different levels of intensity here. You can only take MK so far! The possibliltys in SC are endless, While as MK your limited. Its hard to explain, Its like having someone tell you chess sucks but checkers takes more strategy and has better gameplay. I really cant think of anyother way to put it. Just that SC is eons ahead of MK on the technical side of a fighter.

Even if you took away:

repels/perrys/stuns/unbloackables/cancels/soul charges/spirit charges/8 way run/ stuns/ and counters/rolls/weight balance/multiple stances/low grabs

Your like comparing the skills required to solve a simple addition equation to a complex calculus problem. MK = Simple mathamatics.

PERIOD!

hehe...nice post :D Well, you definately have me sold on Soul Caliber 2...but, who knows what Capcom has in store for the new MK? I guess we'll see. Like I said before, Mortal Kombat has me the most hyped only because I have followed the series very closely and this new version seems to be extremely impressive.

I'm curious to your opinion on this: If MK is a simple mathematics equation and Soul Caliber is a complex vector infested calculus equation, using your analogy, what would DOA3 be? :D

RudedogX
03-19-2002, 11:38 AM

Even if you took away:

PERIOD!

Umm, didn't I already say something like this 4 posts above when comparing MK and SC to an argument over XBox vs SNES?!? Oh well...again though, I will reiterate, that is only for MK up till 4, who knows what we may expect from MKDA? I am guessing we'll see at E3! Then the argument will start all over again!

JJaX
03-19-2002, 11:43 AM

I'm curious to your opinion on this: If MK is a simple mathematics equation and Soul Caliber is a complex vector infested calculus equation, using your analogy, what would DOA3 be? :D

Id say DOA3 was like a special Education math class. No matter what they do the teacher tells them there doing great or slows down. And knowing simple things takes you very far.

JJaX
03-19-2002, 11:45 AM

Umm, didn't I already say something like this 4 posts above when comparing MK and SC to an argument over XBox vs SNES?!? Oh well...again though, I will reiterate, that is only for MK up till 4, who knows what we may expect from MKDA? I am guessing we'll see at E3! Then the argument will start all over again!

Yes you did say something along those line ;)

I just wanted to put it in a manner that everyone could grasp.
PLus i was arguing the fact what Maximus was trying to prove. "That MK requries great skill for a fighting game"

My analogys are in regards to that. Not the graphics and engine etc.....

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 11:45 AM

Id say DOA3 was like a special Education class. No matter what they do the teacher tells them there doing great.

hehe...sounds like you have had some interesting math classes while growing up ;)

JJaX
03-19-2002, 11:51 AM

hehe...sounds like you have had some interesting math classes while growing up ;)

BWhahahaa, I set myself Up........

ChuMP :cool:

RudedogX
03-19-2002, 12:24 PM

BWhahahaa, I set myself Up........

ChuMP :cool:

lmao, yes, yes you did!

batman46st
03-19-2002, 12:27 PM
In my opinion I cant wait to see both of those seriese hit this guys batcave. MK i love oldies so i awate this game it looks like an oldie with a hot new look. Soul Calibur the reason for my owning a DC. This game in all honesty made me believe that the future was at hand.This are both highly anticipated game. I'm getting them both. Now in picking sides im not doing both games have atractive qualities for me MK just better have a better story line and if it doesnt it better have some kick ass fatalities. (im buying mk for the shows of fatality)(for real fighting im buying SC2)JJax,Max,Ninja....stop the beef smoke the weed .... lol lataguys

Ninja Scroll
03-19-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by batman46st
JJax,Max,Ninja....stop the beef smoke the weed .... lol lataguys

Actually I think waximus beat Ninja & jjax to da weed cause his head is still spinning bordom in the mid 90's with MK:rolleyes:
Jjax, just give up yo, waaximus is like a little hard headed step brother yo! Him and this MK mess is starting to pi$$ your Ninja hero off foe sho kid!
And for the last time, stop saying " oh, im sold on SC2 ", dude if you aint got the first joint then get off the Soul Calibur bandwagon!!!

Oh, batman46st.... hmmm, wonder where you got that siggy junior:rolleyes: Yeah, your welcome....oh that's right, you didnt thank your role model!:eek:

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 12:49 PM
Ninja?!? Are you mocking your master? Now, stop your foolishness and get me another bucket of chickn' wings...your master is HUNGRY! :mad: And, make it pronto!

*Max kicks Ninja in his dairy air while hearing Ninja pouting*

Ahhh...okay, now. Where was I? :D

I actually do plan on getting Soul Caliber 2. As for MK, again, I enjoy the game, it takes skill, it has many special moves, it has fatalities, and it's unique to the fighting genre in that it has a tasteful combination of satire mixed with brutality. Can any other game boast of such qualities? :D

LynxFX
03-19-2002, 12:52 PM
Wow, I just saw the commercial for Virtual Fighter 4 for the PS2. It looked like total crap. Sorry but it was aweful. The graphics were laughable. I know the PS2 isn't as powerful as the Xbox but I'm amazed at how many people will stick with the PS2 rather than going to the Xbox or even GC.

I think DOA3 ruined it for any game that doesn't deliver graphics on par or better than what it delivered. The difference is night and day, and DOA3 is a first gen game!

MK5 and SC2 on the Xbox will own.

RudedogX
03-19-2002, 12:55 PM
JJax,Max,Ninja....stop the beef smoke the weed .... lol lataguys

OK, what the HELL! I actually put up an argument that JJax understood could relate to (in regards to MK), and suddenly, i'm not even getting recognized here?!? Where's the love?!?:mad:

As for Ninja, what's up kid, didn't you check out what I wrote earlier? If you don't think that Midway is going to take ques from all of the other 3d fighters and attempt to improve upon them, you're crazy! There is no way that MKDA is going the way of MK3/4 (bad/worse). I'll say it again, and add to my prediction, SC2 will revolutionize fighting games further than they have been, MKDA will add to that and just a little more.

batman46st
03-19-2002, 01:12 PM
Oh, batman46st.... hmmm, wonder where you got that siggy junior Yeah, your welcome....oh that's right, you didnt thank your role model!

cmon now rainbowbright! i sent you an email saying thanks lol.....

Ninja Scroll
03-19-2002, 01:43 PM

cmon now rainbowbright! i sent you an email saying thanks lol.....

Oh, okay, ... I'll peep da earthlink joint out. My bad!:o
So you like da batman Beyond im guessing? I wasnt sure if you wanted the original.:)

Ninja Scroll
03-19-2002, 01:49 PM

OK, what the HELL! I actually put up an argument that JJax understood could relate to (in regards to MK), and suddenly, i'm not even getting recognized here?!? Where's the love?!?:mad:

As for Ninja, what's up kid, didn't you check out what I wrote earlier? If you don't think that Midway is going to ques from all of the other 3d fighters and attempt to improve upon them, you're crazy! There is no way that MKDA is going the way of MK3/4 (bad/worse). I'll say it again, and add to my prediction, SC2 will revolutionize fighting games further than they have been, MKDA will add to that and just a little more.

LOL@rudedogX not getting recongnized!:D

Dude I read all your post whether you believe it or not I dont slip anyones post ,... well atleast not the members I know have something to say.
And what da fffffuuuuuu........ dude, you got gutz junior! You honestly in your heart think MKDA will one up SC2?:confused:

BWAhahahahahaha! Your almost as funny as waximus telling me to go get him something to eat when he knows d@mn well he's my personal carrier boy.
btw, I want Pizza tomorrow for lunch maxi-pad-imus. Extra Cheese too. Hold da sausage though. You might try to slip something in it!:D

JJaX
03-19-2002, 01:59 PM
rudedogx? Did you say something???

HAHAHAH Just kidding!

I think the bottom line is were all winners and were gonna get 2 great games. (well at least one great game SC2!)

MaXimus! Stop with the MK takes skillz bid, your cracking me up!!

Ninja, I got your back as long as your loyal to SC. (we should start a faction :D )

Soul calibur 4 life!

RudedogX
03-19-2002, 02:11 PM
I knew all I'd have to do is ***** a little and I'd get a response!:D

JJax, yeah, I totally agree with you though man, we're all getting two quality games and from what I've heard around the rumor mill both are supposed to be online, that could be a huge edition to both games!

Oh and Ninja, you know they're both going to be PHAT titles!

JJaX
03-19-2002, 02:13 PM
I knew all I'd have to do is ***** a little and I'd get a response!:D

JJax, yeah, I totally agree with you though man, we're all getting two quality games and from what I've heard around the rumor mill both are supposed to be online, that could be a huge edition to both games!

Oh and Ninja, you know they're both going to be PHAT titles!

Dont wish to hard.

Im sure the "online" capabilites will be very limited, Like uploading stats and time attack records. Nothing big....

Just like the japense version of SC.

Kortiz
03-19-2002, 02:46 PM
it saddens me to think that MK is winning over SC2, HAVE YOU NO SCRUPLES?!?!?!

*sighs*
*cries*
*weeps*

<runs off to play SC on DC>
boy that is a game fer yas.

Shenmue is da shhhhh too. Yall know its gonna be bada$$ when it's released on Xbox.

Ninja Scroll
03-19-2002, 03:00 PM
rudedogx? Did you say something???

HAHAHAH Just kidding!

I think the bottom line is were all winners and were gonna get 2 great games. (well at least one great game SC2!)

MaXimus! Stop with the MK takes skillz bid, your cracking me up!!

Ninja, I got your back as long as your loyal to SC. (we should start a faction :D )

Soul calibur 4 life!

Hmmm, a Ninja/JJax Alliance huh? It could get ugly for our fellow addicts when he keep it rel on dem kids jjax! Naw mean son?

Remember me and F'N Show used to be a clique? where in da hell he go?
yeah, like I said, waximus is blowing me with all that skillz to play MK off beat shinanigan talk:rolleyes:

And what you mean as long as im loyal to Sc, dude Soul is God of fighting, period.:)

batman46st
03-19-2002, 03:40 PM
MAX lets make an MK click between you and me!
vs
NINja and jjax's SC2 click...

they should make an mk vs sc game for xbox...

ninja,jjax,max,you guys but just imagine how cool it would be to have a game like this.

I knew all I'd have to do is ***** a little and I'd get a response!
dude i read your posts most of the time.

Afro Aura
03-19-2002, 07:24 PM
MAX lets make an MK click between you and me!
vs
NINja and jjax's SC2 click...

they should make an mk vs sc game for xbox...

ninja,jjax,max,you guys but just imagine how cool it would be to have a game like this.

dude i read your posts most of the time.
and add in some VF into the mix :D

l Maximus l
03-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Actually, I think it would be nice. Too bad Sub Zero would kick everyone found on Soul Caliber :D

JJaX
03-20-2002, 10:28 AM
Actually, I think it would be nice. Too bad Sub Zero would kick everyone found on Soul Caliber :D

Sub-zero is cool :cool:

But he would get his ass handed to him by anyone in SC.

Ninja Scroll
03-20-2002, 02:01 PM

Sub-zero is cool :cool:

But he would get his ass handed to him by anyone in SC.

Shoot, Buddy Lee from those Lee's commercials would hand all the MK characters their respective asses on a silver plater!:D

Ninja Scroll
03-20-2002, 02:02 PM
Oh, and Jjax. clean out your d@mn PM's junior!
I was trying to send you one yesterday. You know how to clean it out right?

JJaX
03-25-2002, 11:28 AM
I think my PM box is empty now ;)

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 12:51 PM
I think my PM box is empty now ;)

It had better be sunshine,... as a matter of fact I think i'll go try it right now!
If my PM does not go through we are gonna have a "beat-em up challenge" up in dis joint kid! Naw mean! Ninja Style!
:D

Hey JJax, dont thank me, it's what im here for lucky charms!:rolleyes:
Ninja knows best!:D

JJaX
03-25-2002, 01:18 PM
It worked Master chief.......... :D

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 02:36 PM
It worked Master chief.......... :D

Yeah, I know now Master Chief....................BOYARDI!!!!!!:D

JJaX
03-25-2002, 03:03 PM
http://www.wwfsuperstars.com/media/2002/02/26/39144

GET CHO OWN! SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 06:20 PM
http://www.wwfsuperstars.com/media/2002/02/26/39144

GET CHO OWN! SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jjax, I dont know where that post came from but I am LMAO!!!
Booker T. aka Da Booker Man, aka Da Book is a GOD!!

SPINA-ROONY!! Now Can U Dig It? SUUUUUUCCCKAAAAAAAAA!!! :D

JJaX
03-27-2002, 10:24 AM
Comon people, We need 4 more votes for SC!!!!

Ill legalize Marijuana and lower the drinking age!!!!

MasterToki
03-30-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by linkycat
Soul Caliber.. DC... wet myself slowly... bbbbbrrrbbrrllbllrrrbbb *blowing spit bubbles*

That game rocked! SO much to do, it kept ya busy for hours. My money's on SC2, and if Mortal kombat has that kind of expansive gameplay it will be a very very pleaset suprise!

So, let me tell u i'm very surprised 'n expecting cuz' MK5 creator said his game has the SC gameplay. :eek:

JJaX
08-28-2003, 10:51 AM
Well its been well over a year, i think some uninformed noobs owe me an apology. (maximux, Rudedog)

Pfffft, MK will be better than SC2? BaH!

Bow to me.

Chaotic
08-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Old thread from the dead.

MK = sucks ass
SC2 = Kicks ass

enough said :o

JJaX
08-28-2003, 11:07 AM
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

MK was a big flop and SC2 is here.
http://www.ileet.net/images/laughingatyou.jpg

RudedogX
08-28-2003, 11:59 AM
Considering I was saying it had the potential to be better, but yes, I could have told you at E3 that SC2 was better than MK. But oh well, now that you have revived this off the respirator, yes, SC2 is light years better than MK.:hail:

mattgame
08-28-2003, 02:23 PM
WoW, I must have made a good point. Cuz no one is telling me im Wrong.

**JJaX Bows in his own Excellence

You are all wrong. I know this game wasn't on the list but it will take over the fighting genre..... drumroll please..... Tao Feng! Don't sleep on this one people.

Shadow20002
08-28-2003, 03:21 PM
I vote for Soul Calibur II but isn't a beat-em-up game, hack-slash should better to describe this one.

DocHoliday78
08-28-2003, 05:01 PM
None of those. Super Fighters Megamix for the saturn. It was Fighting Vipers Vs. Virtua Figther. It had tons of character and unlockables.

spectre187
08-30-2003, 01:48 PM
i must say also, fighters megamix on saturn is the best fighting game ever created, i still love that game, oh how i wish i kept my saturn, saturn was a very good system, as was dreamcast... but it never caught on for one reason or another...
so my vote is soul calibur 2 i jus tgot it yesterday, it totally tops anything on the market today hands down

Leo
08-31-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
as most of these games are coming to the XBOX which one of these do you think is the best beat'em up

take it from there last series

hehehe I put Tekken in there because you never know?

Soul Calibur 2 that's for sure!!!!!