PDA

View Full Version : Batman Arkham City

Symmetric-XBA
09-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Want to see some concept art for Arkham City as well as a few "teasers" of upcoming info on the game? Well I hope you still have your copy of Arkham Asylum b/c you will find it in there! Warning the video below does contain explicit language.

Batman Arkham City Tease included in Batman Arkham Asylum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNJ9gilJxjg)

Unreal
09-04-2010, 03:14 PM
I liked the first game but I didn't like the combat. I thought the game shined with the stealth and puzzles. So with that said I think I am going to pass on this game because of the combat and the added multiplayer.

Symmetric-XBA
09-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I liked the first game but I didn't like the combat. I thought the game shined with the stealth and puzzles. So with that said I think I am going to pass on this game because of the combat and the added multiplayer.

understandable, one of my gripes w/ the original was the fact that batman for some reason didn't start w/ all his gadgets, and that you had to obtain them as you progressed. i've never known batman to not have what he needs in his belt lol. still though, for something to have escaped for so long, gotta give the detective props lol.

Unreal
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
understandable, one of my gripes w/ the original was the fact that batman for some reason didn't start w/ all his gadgets, and that you had to obtain them as you progressed. i've never known batman to not have what he needs in his belt lol. still though, for something to have escaped for so long, gotta give the detective props lol.
I loved everything else about the game. The graphics, the story, voice acting. So who knows.

ILLUSIVE
09-05-2010, 01:46 PM

**IN GENERAL**: The original Arkham Asylum, arguably, is one of my favorite games OF ALL TIME spanning several consoles... I loved almost the majority of the game, and had fun obtaining all of the achievements...

**TO SYMMETRIC**: I understand your point... However, the game seems to be portraying the idea of Batman being 'caught off guard this time!', in the sense of Joker's surprise takeover of the prison --- while Batman (at least in the game) was moreso in casual mode than anything else...

Symmetric-XBA
09-05-2010, 02:11 PM
**TO SYMMETRIC**: I understand your point... However, the game seems to be portraying the idea of Batman being 'caught off guard this time!', in the sense of Joker's surprise takeover of the prison --- while Batman (at least in the game) was moreso in casual mode than anything else...

yeah I can understand that, however, i've never seen a batman show, or read an instance where batman somehow didn't have what he needed ya know? The closest thing I've found would be the knightfall series w/ the real Bane, however, he still had all his equipment. it just seemed out of character for batman. I can understand having to upgrade current equipment, however, obtaining something he should already have to me just didn't fit right.

angeto
10-07-2010, 02:23 AM
arkham was and is one of the best games of all time .but lets not forget it is a game not a film or comic most games you never start out with everything
batman was never of guard when he need any thing he just when down to his cave or got it delivered . i can't wait for the new one just for the smoke bombs!!
the whole game was awesome from the combat to the stealth and all the hidden riddler things
i 'm batman!!!

mattgame
10-16-2010, 03:03 PM
This is a must have in my book. I loved the first game.

eatlead
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
saw the teaser on youtube the other day. looks cool

laughs
11-09-2010, 12:59 AM
This is a must have in my book. I loved the first game.

Same here... I wonder if Walmart is going to release it at $39 or whatever again?