PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising 2

Vampero
09-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Makers of Dead Rising 2 have just released a four part making of the game videos.
http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/10546/Dead-Rising-2.html

Vampera13
09-03-2010, 10:36 PM
This game looks pretty cool....

RalliArtEvo
09-04-2010, 03:10 AM
you should check out Dead Rising case zero on the xbla marketplace if you think this looks good. Its a prequel of sorts and your stats carry over into the retail (up to level 5)

Steeps5
09-04-2010, 08:59 AM
you should check out Dead Rising case zero on the xbla marketplace if you think this looks good. Its a prequel of sorts and your stats carry over into the retail (up to level 5)

That demo seemed really short I gotta say. Ended in like 10 minutes lol.

RalliArtEvo
09-04-2010, 12:55 PM
That demo seemed really short I gotta say. Ended in like 10 minutes lol.

well you can actually run around the city as long as you want, but obviously they don't want to enable the entire story of the game. its only $5 for the full game. Totally worth it for fans.

Unreal
09-04-2010, 03:10 PM
well you can actually run around the city as long as you want, but obviously they don't want to enable the entire story of the game. its only $5 for the full game. Totally worth it for fans.
I tried the demo and I wasn't feeling it. :(

RalliArtEvo
09-04-2010, 11:04 PM
I tried the demo and I wasn't feeling it. :(

well if you didn't like the first one, this is basically more of the same (which for me is fantastic cause I LOVED Dead Rising)

Unreal
09-05-2010, 11:01 AM
well if you didn't like the first one, this is basically more of the same (which for me is fantastic cause I LOVED Dead Rising)
I loved the first one and this is worse. I know its only an XBLA game but the graphics are worse, the loading times are atrocious, and the areas are plain. I can't judge DR2 because its not out but the arcade game is nothing like the first game. I loved the first game and minus a few things I played the crap out of it. I even completed the 7 day achievement in one sitting.

Variation-XBA
09-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Played it at PAX....was pretty awesome to see some more of the new weapons and such

RalliArtEvo
09-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I loved the first one and this is worse. I know its only an XBLA game but the graphics are worse, the loading times are atrocious, and the areas are plain. I can't judge DR2 because its not out but the arcade game is nothing like the first game. I loved the first game and minus a few things I played the crap out of it. I even completed the 7 day achievement in one sitting.

fair enough, everyone is entitled to thier opinion, but to say it's NOTHING like the first is definitely way off base. There are zombies and you kill them with random objects strewn about while trying to complete a "timed" mission. Sounds like the same game to me ;)

Personally as a Dead Rising fan, I don't have any issues with a $5 title to tide me over till the full release. I didn't really have issues with the loading time and the graphics get the job done imo. For $5 I feel I got my money's worth.

Unreal
09-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Sounds like the same game to me ;)

Maybe that is what it boils down to why I have a problem with it. The money is not an issue, if anything I can't believe its only $5.

sw0rdfish-XBA
09-07-2010, 12:55 AM
I reviewed it for XBA... Post it up Kam!

It's TOTALLY worth the $5. Just run around smashing zombies IN THE FACE!