PDA

View Full Version : Its here! XBA Halo Reach Giveaway!

Symmetric-XBA
09-08-2010, 04:33 PM
To celebrate the upcoming release of Halo Reach, XBA is hosting the:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/SymmetricMusic/XBAHaloReach-1.jpg

XBA Halo Reach giveaway!

XBA wants to hear from you on some of your most enjoyable moments in Halo!

To enter, simply post in this thread a favorite memorable Halo moment for you (either campaign, or multiplayer), and why you love Halo! Only 1 entry per person please.

The winner will be selected on Sat. Sept. 11th and will be chosen using a randomizer. The winner will recieve a code for the Noble Six avatar helmet! If you have checked out the avatar marketplace you have the Noble Six armor, but no helmet... now thats about to change! We want to hear from all of you!

From all of us here at XBA we wish you good luck and we'll see you on the field of battle Spartans!

Alx1138
09-08-2010, 05:47 PM
For me, my fondest memory is descending upon reach for the first time.....Halo at the time was revolutionary and certainly created a sense of awe.

The only comparable moment would be watching the Star Destroyer pass overhead when I was 8 at the Bramelea City Center theatre

No matter how much you try it is hard to recreate those initial moments...here's hopping that Reach approaches that same scale!

Fargoth
09-08-2010, 10:09 PM
I will never forget the 12 hour infinite time game I played with my 3 friends across the street. Most fun I've ever had.

I had loved Halo so much because it was the game I could literally play for 12 hours without stop.

RalliArtEvo
09-08-2010, 10:10 PM
For me, my fondest memory is descending upon reach for the first time

I'm assuming you mean descending on Halo the first time?

Anyway, so many great moments to choose from......I guess if I had to pick one it would be the reveal of the Flood in Halo CE.....up till that point you had no idea that there would be this third race involved and having a totally different enemy attack style really made things very unpredictable. My personal favorite level of all time in Halo is the Library. Playing that coop on Legendary was truly a rush, especially when you get closed in for 5 mins and the flood relentlessly attack until guilty spark opens the door.

The reasons I love Halo are pretty much everything! It was the first xbox game I owned and really enjoyed running through the campaign coop legendary with my best friends (i believe we completed the entire game at least 15-20 times). Halo 2 comes along and completely blew my mind with the online gameplay (although eventually the hackers/glitchers ruined it) Halo 3 then took everything I love about Halo and combined it into the best entry in the series (to date)

Symmetrics Love
09-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Imonly posting bcuz ya! I'm a HUGE HALO fan. if my post is. picked I will give it to the next person that posts afterme... but my fondest memory is spending hours justplaying with a "special" someone lol for hours and laffing our butts off and just having fun playing MP ! good luck everyone!

Ainokeatoo
09-08-2010, 11:29 PM
My fondest memory of halo, was in halo 1, though, it wasn't in the actual game because I never actually owned it up until a few months ago. I used to subscribe to OXM back in the day for their demo discs, on one of their discs was the Halo 1 Campaign demo. It was the level "The Cartographer" I remember spending hours playing that level either messing around and trying to make the warthogs fly high, or playing with my dad.

I was still a youngin back then haha, and besides Ghost Recon, that halo demo was the first chance we actually really played any game together.

You could say I love Halo, because the first two, were games me and my dad played together, he ended up not liking Halo 3 but the fun times the first two games brought me, made me come to love the Halo series.

sw0rdfish-XBA
09-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Halo for me has been awesome start to finish. I have absolutely loved FireFight. I'm so glad they added that mode in and are bringing it back to Reach cuz survival modes are one of my favorites and adding it to Halo make me squeal like a schoolgirl :)

If I had to pick a favorite campaign moment.

The last level of Halo, Combat Evolved which I didn't play till the day before Halo 3 came out as part of my pre-halo marathon.

That's such an awesome level and a perfect way to end that game.

EMX
09-09-2010, 06:56 AM
My friends brother once told him that the only reason he was able to kill him in Halo was because he had a "crank in his neck", my favorite Halo memory by far.

Helidriver
09-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Just because you suck at Halo doesn't mean it can't be fun!

My Brother-in Law (new to the game) and myself were playing against my Nephew. I thought our best tactical option was to get the Elephant. My Bro-in law drove while I manned a turret.

Game starts, we head right for the Elephant. We jump in... BOOM! grenade kills him, I'm thrown out of the vehicle. While I'm still falling, my Nephew mounts MY turret and unleashes hell on me.

We lasted almost a full minute. (Don't discuss your battle-plan while your enemy eats chips in the chair next to you!)

FrankForce77
09-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Well just to start this post out right I must admit that I was thinking about not getting Halo Reach.....but now that I reached in and pulled my head outta my arse I preordered it a few days ago!

My fondest memory would be when I was in the U.S. Navy and a fellow sailor buddy of mine called me to come look at this new XBOX game called Halo. I remember sitting down with him and seeing this game and just thinking and saying how awesome it was. I remember jumping in a warthog for the first time with other soldiers and it was just a really great first experience into the beast that would become Halo. Right along with that would be all the fond memories that me and my older son made with all the time we played Halo 2 online together via splitscreen! :cheers:

MoonTar
09-09-2010, 05:13 PM
One of the most memorable moments for me is from the second V-Day weekend in Halo 3, when me and a buddy played together trying to get recon armor. We spent most of the time losing and cracking up at the jokes we were making when we died. We began playing as elites just because it made it all the more fun and winning no longer mattered.

And to celebrate I even made a video. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkUIa6cGlos

Not the best at the beginning but it's not supposed to be a serious video.

Symmetric-XBA
09-10-2010, 12:43 PM
(Not an entry)

Its great to hear all these amazing stories. Its incredible to hear how a videogame can actually bring such amazing times to ppl's families. Thank you everyone who has contributed for making this such a great contest! The drawing will be on Sat. afternoon around 5p.m. EST and the winner will be notified via PM shortly after the drawing!

As a special treat for XBA fans I have uploaded a music track from Halo Reach to my soundcloud profile called Lone Wolf (http://soundcloud.com/brent-roberts/00-lone-wolf). Hope you enjoy the music and good luck to everyone in this contest!!

Symmetric-XBA
09-11-2010, 03:55 PM
The XBA Halo Reach Giveaway is now over! Thank you to everyone for sharing your stories with all of us, it was truly amazing to see how a video game can not only bring us amazing moments, but also provide memorable family moments! Everyone give FrankForce77 a round of applause as he is the winner! Who knows whats ahead for XBA and halo... maybe something better should be offered?? hmmm... maybe a controller??

Thank you everyone for such a great contest!

Variation-XBA
09-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Who knows whats ahead for XBA and halo... maybe something better should be offered?? hmmm... maybe a controller??

Schwing!

FrankForce77
09-11-2010, 08:23 PM
WOW I don't know what to say but thanks a bunch Symmetric! I have barley ever won anything in my life so this is not only shocking but greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch and xboxaddict.com rocks da internet!

Symmetrics Love
09-11-2010, 08:33 PM
WOW I don't know what to say but thanks a bunch Symmetric! I have barley ever won anything in my life so this is not only shocking but greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch and xboxaddict.com rocks da internet!

wow all of these stories are great... sounds like everyone had some pretty amazing memories ... I to have mine that I will cherish forever thanks to Bungie :)

Congrats Frank it looks absolutely awesome with the armor! Enjoy!

Unreal
09-12-2010, 11:16 AM
I was wondering where the helmet came from. :)

RalliArtEvo
09-12-2010, 11:58 AM
congrats frankforce!

Variation-XBA
09-12-2010, 01:22 PM
I got that helmet too! :D