PDA

View Full Version : What is the best fighting game out there?

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 03:30 PM
im not really into the fighting games but if there a really good one out there i might go get it, so i just want 2 know whats the best 1 out there??

X-Factor
03-13-2002, 03:39 PM
There are some very good fighting games out there. Some of my personal favorites include MK2, MK3, UMK3, MK Trilogy, MK4, Soul Calibur, Capcom Vs. SNK 2, Capcom Vs. Marvel 2, Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves, Virtua Fighter 2, Killer Instinct Gold, and Street Fighter II: Turbo.

Dead or Alive 3 is the only fighting game the Xbox has to offer. The game is beautiful, but doesn't offer much else.

Some upcoming fighting games I'd check out if I were you would be Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Capcom Vs. SNK 3, Killer Instinct Perfect, Soul Calibur II, Tekken 4, and Virtua Fighter 4.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
There are some very good fighting games out there. Some of my personal favorites include MK2, MK3, UMK3, MK Trilogy, MK4, Soul Calibur, Capcom Vs. SNK 2, Capcom Vs. Marvel 2, Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves, Virtua Fighter 2, Killer Instinct Gold, and Street Fighter II: Turbo.

Dead or Alive 3 is the only fighting game the Xbox has to offer. The game is beautiful, but doesn't offer much else.

Some upcoming fighting games I'd check out if I were you would be Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Capcom Vs. SNK 3, Killer Instinct Perfect, Soul Calibur II, Tekken 4, and Virtua Fighter 4.

Hey thoses r great, but i was just talking bout Xbox fighting games there. but thats okay, thanks anyway.

X-Factor
03-13-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Halo Perfect
im not really into the fighting games but if there a really good one out there i might go get it, so i just want 2 know whats the best 1 out there??I don't see the word Xbox in there...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Halo Perfect
Hey thoses r great, but i was just talking bout Xbox fighting games there. but thats okay, thanks anyway.Hey, you said you wanted to know the best fighting game out there. DOA3 certainly isn't the best fighter, and it's the only one fighting game on Xbox... ;)

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 04:27 PM
UFC: Tapout is another fighting game, but i also meant like up coming games like WWF Raw, and i just though u'd know i wuz talking about xbox games since this is an xbox site, but that okay, ill put <em>Xbox</em> in next time, thanks anyway man.

Xboxfan123
03-14-2002, 11:54 PM
WWF Raw- I bought the game and I like it alot. The game still has enough promised features to make it a good game. WWF FANatics may disagree. I think the game is alot of fun. The CAW is awesome and so is the graphics and gameplay.

Knockout Kings- Great graphics and fun. The CAF is shallow but when you can fight as Mohammed Ali or Lennox Lewis, Oscar De La Hoya I don't miss it. Even the made up fighters are realistic. When your fighter gets tired you can feel the heartbeat in the controller. Very cool.

UFC Tapout- Excellent graphics but IMO a very shallow game. The missing promised features are more noticeable in this game than in Raw.

I suggest renting all three. I bet you will rate Knockout Kings as #1. Raw as # 2 and UFC dead last.:) :) :)

Xbox Owner
03-16-2002, 04:40 PM
Karibu Warriors..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!:)

Durden-XBA
03-17-2002, 05:59 AM
Karibu, eh? Yep. Kabuki Warriors... Quite possibley on of the worst games of all time.

Liquid Gears
04-10-2002, 10:39 PM
STREET FIGHTERRRRRRRRRRR AAAAAAAAAAAALPHA 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mack10
05-08-2002, 06:49 PM
I like the DOA and VF series; I love the gameplay in both. Both play very similarly and I can go back and forth between them.

Ukyo
05-08-2002, 08:13 PM
From what I've heard, they're packing copies of Kabuki Warriors in with free samples of Tide. :p

Fighting choices are somewhat limited on the Xbox at present, but in the future you can look forward to titles such as Kakuto Chojin and Soul Calibur 2.

Now if only we could get a nice 2D fighter...

DVDGNZ
05-09-2002, 01:54 AM
1.Street Fighter II Turbo
2.Soul Caliber
3.King of Fighters series(they all blend together!)
4.Mortal Kombat 2
5.Tekken 3

Rowdie
05-10-2002, 09:37 AM
On the Box it has to go to DOA III and then UFC: Tapout.

Overall, VF2 and 4, FMM, SSFIIT, SC DC, there's a few more but that's a great start.

Unreal
05-10-2002, 03:18 PM
The Xbox only has Dead Or Alive 3. Maybe after Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter 4.1, and Mortal Kombat 5 are released can we make a judgement on what the best fighter for the Xbox is ;)

DVDGNZ
05-12-2002, 03:36 AM
I believe it will be Soul Caliber II or Kakuto Chojin.

ScorpionX
05-12-2002, 04:27 PM
Xbox will soon have Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance which should be amazing.

Liquid Gears
05-12-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7

Mmmmmm.........................................No. Street Fighter Alpha 3!!!!:cool:

Rowdie
05-13-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7

Amazing how?

I wouldn't expect the game to play all that well. Shoot the best effort was mkII. Four was so bad it's not even funny. I'm not saying they can't pull it off, but I certainly don't expect a great fighting engine. I think the best we can expect is a serviceable engine with a ton of cool fluff and stuff. Which should make it perfect for some half time action, but not so great for when the real gamers gather. :cool:

DVDGNZ
05-14-2002, 05:23 AM
The best thing about MK4 was Quan Chi's fatality where he rips your leg off and beats you to death with it!!

ScorpionX
06-02-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Little_Shun
Definitely get DOA3. It was my number 1 reason for getting a xbox and I wasn't let down. If I was on giligans island and only could chose one game for xbox, it would be DOA3. It's the best 3-d fighting game out now.

I thought DOA3 was way to easy and short. I beat the game with like every character in a day and it gets old very quick. Thats just my opinion.