PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Reach Will Get Campaign Co-Operative Matchmaking Next Month

Ainokeatoo
09-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Halo: Reach, the newest installment in Microsoft's extremely popular first person shooter franchise, will get a new multiplayer feature unlocked next month, in the form of campaign co-operative matchmaking, which is currently locked by the game's developer, Bungie, to prevent the single player story to be spoiler for players.

In the studio's newest weekly update concerning Halo: Reach, the developer says that the co-operative campaign mode will finally be unlocked and available to anyone who wants to attempt various missions from the game alongside their friends.

Bungie says that the feature is locked, at the moment, because it doesn't want new players to have the whole story ruined, if they opt to join their friends in the final missions, for example, thereby skipping the beginning of the game.

In October though, the co-op campaign mode will be available to all, thanks to a bigger title update that will be launched for Halo: Reach.

Besides the new mode, tweaks to the other multiplayer aspects of the game will be made, as well as to the Forge and new maps will be available.

"The first matchmaking update for Reach will occur in early October and consist primarily of fixes for bugs and balance issues. We're not done testing them all yet, but when they're ready we'll fill you in on all of the little details. We'll also be adding some game types and Forge maps. Co-op campaign will be going live in October as well," revealed the Halo: Reach developer.

"Campaign matchmaking will not take into account what your current progress is, so if you're worried about spoilers make sure you finish campaign before jumping into this playlist!"

So, there you have it Halo fans, if you've been dying to take on the campaign missions with your friends, then October's title update is just what you've been waiting for.

Sadly, Bungie declined to pin an exact release date on the new update, so you'll just have to wait and see when it will appear on Xbox Live.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Halo-Reach-Will-Get-Campaign-Co-Operative-Matchmaking-Next-Month-157322.shtml

Variation-XBA
09-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Maybe I'll finally get Legendary done with this patch :(

Ainokeatoo
09-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Maybe I'll finally get Legendary done with this patch :(

Nah, join us when silent gets back we should be able to run legendary with him.

Variation-XBA
09-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Nah, join us when silent gets back we should be able to run legendary with him.

then make sure to invite me!

Unreal
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Cool for people having a hard time playing Legendary.

Ainokeatoo
09-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Cool for people having a hard time playing Legendary.

That and some challenges require you to play the campaign.

Vampero
09-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Very good idea!!

Unreal
09-23-2010, 07:21 PM
That and some challenges require you to play the campaign.
What challenges? So I get to go through Legendary again?

RalliArtEvo
09-23-2010, 10:03 PM
What challenges? So I get to go through Legendary again?

daily challenges and commendations

Unreal
09-24-2010, 04:40 PM
daily challenges and commendations
Oh, I saw the daily challenges and they are not that great. I assumed that he meant challenges related to co-op play. I will wait till the match making feature comes out to see if they have challenges for that.

Dan 140
09-25-2010, 08:56 PM
they made legendary way to easy on reach....i completed it on solo within the first two days of it being out...disapointed much :L

Ainokeatoo
09-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Oh, I saw the daily challenges and they are not that great. I assumed that he meant challenges related to co-op play. I will wait till the match making feature comes out to see if they have challenges for that.

Yes the daily and weekly challenges, sure, they aren't anything special, but I do enjoy 600 extra credits just for doing the daily challenge be it matchmaking or Campaign matchmaking.l

Unreal
09-26-2010, 03:43 AM
Is anyone having a hard time getting a team that talks? or people that don't quit out after they die a couple of times? I bet you I have had half my games with people quiting on my team. Its almost impossible to win and to keep my kill / death ratio respectable. I am now at 140 loses more then kills. :(

MoonTar
09-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Is anyone having a hard time getting a team that talks? or people that don't quit out after they die a couple of times? I bet you I have had half my games with people quiting on my team. Its almost impossible to win and to keep my kill / death ratio respectable. I am now at 140 loses more then kills. :(

Not as much with people quitting (because now there is actually a consequence for quitting to much) but hardly anybody talks. Even when people have a mic they don't talk much. I try to play in a group so this stuff doesn't happen though.

Unreal
09-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Edit: I was tired. I meant deaths not loses. I changed my preferences to talking and I still get matched up with people that play Invasion wrong or CTF wrong.

Symmetric-XBA
09-26-2010, 04:08 PM
a lot of ppl on bungie.net have brought up similar issues. apparently with their servers being on the fritz yesterday ppl were dropping out of games b/c of server issues and it counted as them just bailing on the match. with no way to distinguish btwn the two, bungie just counts those matches as drops.

mattgame
09-28-2010, 07:23 PM
I need to play send me an invite.

Conchord
09-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Wasn't the campaign of Reach spoiled years ago when the first Halo was released?

Ainokeatoo
09-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Wasn't the campaign of Reach spoiled years ago when the first Halo was released?

Not everyone played Halo CE, there are people who haven't played any of the Halo games except for Halo 3 and thus wouldn't understand Reach before it came out.

mattgame
09-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Well I played today and I enjoyed myself. I really liked the horde type mode.

Ainokeatoo
09-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Well I played today and I enjoyed myself. I really liked the horde type mode.

Lol Matt. Yeah, Firefight is pretty fun.