PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 3 delayed

Symmetric-XBA
10-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Yup, its a sad bit of news for gears fans as Epic has delayed the upcoming Gears of War 3 till Fall of 2011. Those of us who were looking foward to an April release will now have to wait approx. 5 months longer. More about this in the news.

What do you think of the delay?? It seems that title after title have been delayed recently. Is this a new trend? Promise gamers the world, then delay it? In some instances it has worked out (most recent I can think of is Batman AA), and in others it leads down the dark dreaded path of missed sales and a possibility of having the project canned all together (APB). Whats your take on what the industry is doing? How would you rate it overall on a F-A ranking scale? (yes it almost seems like you're grading papers at school. lol)

MoonTar
10-01-2010, 07:04 PM
*cough* duke nukem forever *cough*

They should not announce a release date until they are completely sure of it. So far no games I have been waiting for have been pushed back. Well maybe except for Golden Sun 3 just because it has taken them so long to come out with the 3rd one.

Variation-XBA
10-02-2010, 03:19 AM
I don't get why peopel get so uptight about a title being pushed back. More time is going to allow for a better game for the most part. It is odd for a AAA title to get a date then pushed, but stuff happens.

RalliArtEvo
10-02-2010, 06:27 PM
like I said before in our chat on xbl, this is nothing more than putting the biggest exclusive in the busiest shopping season. Also, I'm not really sure I agree that this is anything new to the industry. Games have been getting announced and getting delayed since the NES days.

MoonTar
10-02-2010, 07:44 PM
like I said before in our chat on xbl, this is nothing more than putting the biggest exclusive in the busiest shopping season. Also, I'm not really sure I agree that this is anything new to the industry. Games have been getting announced and getting delayed since the NES days.

I wouldn't be surprised, sounds like a good reason to me.

I don't get why peopel get so uptight about a title being pushed back. More time is going to allow for a better game for the most part. It is odd for a AAA title to get a date then pushed, but stuff happens.

But what if the game turns out to be bad still? Or not what you expected?