PDA

View Full Version : Namco Sign's up With Xbox!!! Another Nail in the NGC & PS2 Coffin!

DOOM
08-27-2001, 05:09 PM
The worst kept Xbox secret is out! Microsoft and Namco today formally announced that Namco is developing four titles for Xbox. Namco plans to bring the latest versions of two of its biggest franchises to Xbox: the popular racing series, RIDGE RACER LATEST Version and the award-winning fighting game, SOUL CALIBUR 2 Two Namco titles are also under exclusive development for Xbox: Dead to Rights (a exclusive) a thrilling adventure about a cop framed for murder and facing execution who makes a daring escape and seeks revenge on those who killed his father and set him up, and a second, unnamed action-adventure title. "At Namco, we are excited to work together with Microsoft on Xbox game development," said Masaya Nakamura, chairman and CEO of Namco. "We initially will provide game titles that appeal to the avid video game consumer in the Xbox consumer space, and in the future we intend to provide games using the Xbox online game service."

"Having Namco games available on Xbox is a huge victory for gamers around the world," said Robbie Bach, chief Xbox officer at Microsoft. "We are delighted that, through Xbox, gamers worldwide will experience the thrilling titles produced by Namco's game creators."

Yeah, I know some these major titles are being ported to other systems. But wouldn't you like to have the best possible version? I know I would,
X B O X!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron
08-27-2001, 06:09 PM
well you left out a few things

i was right there on a live feed translating items, and the unamed game is yes indeed a Action/Adventure game, but they said it also has a Grapple "Motif" to it, and is an enormous game.

Just a little more info i dug up last night on it =p

DOOM
08-27-2001, 07:04 PM
VERY COOL!

Koopa
08-30-2001, 11:58 AM
yeah that might be a nail in the coffin alright....except for the fact that I'm relatively sure both are scheduled to be on Gamecube

DOOM
08-30-2001, 12:19 PM
Ok, now read the first post on this thread one more time, COMPLETLY! Then ask me another question that has been allready answerd!
You are indeed a KOOPA!

addict733
08-30-2001, 07:09 PM
speaking of 3rd party games........ does neone knoe whats going on with squarsoft?

Dr_J
08-30-2001, 08:27 PM
Square is stupid if they don't sign with the XBox. Do they know how much freakin' money they could make?

I like the FF series myself, but I won't cry if they don't sign.

Koopa
08-30-2001, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by DOOM
Ok, now read the first post on this thread one more time, COMPLETLY! Then ask me another question that has been allready answerd!
You are indeed a KOOPA!
:o

oops

well, I what I meant was that I don't understand how its a nail in the competitions' coffins if they're all being ported...
:confused:

and since when was being a Koopa bad huh?! just because they move back and forth in a preset pattern until they die, doesn't mean they're dumb!:D

DOOM
08-30-2001, 11:19 PM
Not All!
Two Namco titles are also under exclusive development for Xbox: Dead to Rights (a exclusive) a thrilling adventure about a cop framed for murder and facing execution who makes a daring escape and seeks revenge on those who killed his father and set him up, and a second, unnamed action-adventure title.

Yeah, I know SOME these major titles are being ported to other systems. But wouldn't you like to have the best possible version? I know I would,
X B O X!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

Koopa
08-30-2001, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure if Dead to Rights is Xbox exclusive...according to IGNcube's release list, Dead to Rights IS scheduled for a cube release, as is Ridge Racer Latest Version and Soul Calibur 2, but I havent heard about Dead to Rights for cube from any other sources so I can't really validate that claim...but...owell...

http://cube.ign.com/releases.html

Aaron
08-31-2001, 02:47 AM
All those namco titles were announced exclusive to the xbox at that summer conference. I dunno about anyone else but i cant wait for Double Steal.

Koopa
08-31-2001, 12:02 PM
http://cube.ign.com/news/37816.html

Today Namco announced its multi-platform strategy, stating that it will support all three next-generation consoles including the GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. It explicitly stated that it will bring the next Ridge Racer to the systems as well as the already announced Soul Calibur 2.

I don't know what your source is but I trust IGN's journalistic integrity on this one. Unless an announcement was made in the last three days, then at least those two Namco titles are not Xbox exclusive.

xboxlover
08-31-2001, 12:08 PM
Well i tink it is good that namco climbed onto the xbox train because arcade games are good a a quick trill and some are quite long lasting and addictive way to go namco.

Bakero
08-31-2001, 12:12 PM
Umm… Dead to rights was first announced for the PlayStation2 like 3 months ago, Its coming out at fall. :D

http://www.namco.com/games/dead_to_rights.html

Koopa
08-31-2001, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by xboxlover
Well i tink it is good that namco climbed onto the xbox train because arcade games are good a a quick trill and some are quite long lasting and addictive way to go namco.

namco has not climbed aboard anyone's train. they're being smart and developing for all three, as far as I can tell...

NY_GCN_Man
08-31-2001, 12:24 PM
You give New Yorkers a bda name! Namco is a 3rd party stupid! they make games for all systems. those games you mentioned are coming to PS2 and GCN and XBox so how can thhat be anothher 'nail' in the coffin? Man i feel bad for the smart people in NY such as myself because when other smart people see this, they will wuestion the intellegince of NYC residents.

xboxlover
08-31-2001, 12:36 PM
They will what wuestion the intelligence of new yorkers lol

DOOM
08-31-2001, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I know SOME these major titles are being ported to other systems. But wouldn't you like to have the best possible version? I know I would,
X B O X!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

Koopa
08-31-2001, 01:30 PM
where does it say its the best possible version? I never really knew what you were talking about there so I kinda ignored that part. I think the logical assumption is that all consolese are getting the same version, so if the same version game is ported to three consoles, they'd most likely be close to identical and none would be the "best possible version"...