PDA

View Full Version : What, No Tiger Woods??

aumanyo
03-13-2002, 07:19 PM
Ok - so what's up with Tiger Woods 2002 being release on the PC and PS2, but NOT the Xbox? I'm a little disappointed. Does anyone know IF Microsoft is going to release it sometime in the very near future? I can understand the whole marketing crap that Sony might be doing to only have Tiger on their console, but I'm really hoping the Xbox can get a decent 'real' golf game, I see "Outlaw Golf" is coming out, but that's a cartoon game.
If anyone has any insight, gimme a holla! Thanks!

Kilik
03-13-2002, 09:41 PM
I would of liked to see Tiger woods on the xbox so I hope it does come out. However Out law golf looks good also, I mean you get to beat your caddy when you screw up how cool is that.

Frostberg
03-13-2002, 09:50 PM
Why would Microsoft release it?

In all probability, it will be released for the XBox...maybe next year...

Why? Well we've got almost every other EA game...no reason we wont get Tiger too

wweomaniac
03-13-2002, 10:36 PM
To be honest with you, I don't think that Tiger Woods 2002 is extreme enough for XBOX. I think it would be best to release it only on PC and PS2, since most poeple who own gamecubes are kids (and you know what kids think of golf). Most people who own XBOXs are people who favour action-packed, graphic-enhanced games. I don't think that Tiger woods would succeed in that category.

aumanyo
03-14-2002, 06:42 PM
When I said "When will Microsoft release it"....I meant when will EA Sports release the rights to Microsoft. I see that "Outlaw Golf" looks pretty decent as well. But I was just curious why Tiger wasn't going to be released on the Xbox, that's all.

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by aumanyo
When I said "When will Microsoft release it"....I meant when will EA Sports release the rights to Microsoft. I see that "Outlaw Golf" looks pretty decent as well. But I was just curious why Tiger wasn't going to be released on the Xbox, that's all.

Well, only EA knows the answer. If you ask me, it would be AWESOME if Golden Tee came out for the XBox and have a new track ball controller to play it with! :D

No more having to put $3.00 in the arcade machine at my local tavern!!! :D

But, personally, I think Outlaw Golf looks AWESOME!!!

philby85
03-14-2002, 07:12 PM
I mailed another xbox site re this very subject, they think the odds are good as they noticed an ad on E.A.'s staff page for xbox programmers for this game.

This game would totally rock on the box, bump mapping on the fairways...arrrrggghh I've started to homer drool.

aumanyo
03-20-2002, 05:53 PM
I was talking with someone at EB today and they said that the "agreement" between Sony and EA still has a couple months. So I'm thinking in the summer we'll see it out for the Xbox, if not sooner.

In the meantime, I have been hearing a lot about this Outlaw Golf game!! I'm going to go do more research to find out from others what this game is really about. I've seen a few screen shots etc, but I want to know if it is going to be another "hot shots" game, or if this is going to be the real deal, play after play, always fun, type of game. It sounds cool from just the bits and pieces I've heard/seen. If it is pretty close to the realism of Tiger but yet humorous at the same time, then I think it will rock! may 14th is the latest release date I have seen for this! Can't wait!!