PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Kinect....

Flood
11-12-2010, 04:00 AM
http://www.overglued.com/smilingface5.jpg

Variation-XBA
11-12-2010, 10:57 AM
sigh...

laughs
11-12-2010, 09:18 PM
If I get one, I'll try my hardest not to commit any crimes while playing Kinectimals.

RalliArtEvo
11-13-2010, 12:08 AM
sigh...

The Kinect's nearly flawless facial recognition system is a fun little way to sign in to your profile, but soon the device may start identifying what's happening in your living room and sending the information back to Microsoft's computers. Before you imagine a 1984 style conspiracy where your complaints about the government will be broadcast directly to the Ministry of Kicking Your Ass, Microsoft says they would use the information to target advertising.

Dennis Durkin, chief operating officer and chief financial officer for Microsoft’s Xbox video game business, told investors today that Kinect presents "business opportunities for targeted game marketing and advertising."

“We can cater which content we present to you based on who you are,” Durkin said. “How many people are in the room when an ad is shown? How many people are in the room when a game is being played? When you add this sort of device to a living room, there’s a bunch of business opportunities that come with that.”

I'm not sure why Microsoft would need to target advertising using the Kinect. If you just looked at the games that were being played, you'd get a good enough idea of what to advertise. If someone is playing Fallout: New Vegas, it's probably a young male who's a hardcore gamer. If someone is playing Your Shap: Fitness Evolved, it's probably a slightly overweight lady."

LoL

Her Pet
11-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Kinect won't give any more info about you than what is gathered from your daily online surfing.

RalliArtEvo
11-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Kinect won't give any more info about you than what is gathered from your daily online surfing.

....and you're ok with that as well? Difference being that Kinect is literally WATCHING you. Kinda creepy if you think about it, what if I enjoy gaming in the nude, am I gonna get recommended underwear? :p

Her Pet
11-24-2010, 09:48 PM
My analogy was poor. When not being used for game purposes, put it back in the box.

Also, I think you'd be safer playing kinect with some sort of "support." All that flopping around could be dangerous.