PDA

View Full Version : What Fixes do you want in CoD:Black OPS?

Vampero
11-15-2010, 07:12 AM
The online’s good, it needs to be great

Call Of Duty: Black Ops has racked up millennia of in-game multiplayer time already, and while it’s a supreme effort from the team at Treyarch, there are more than a few issues. Here are the five most pressing issues Treyarch needs to fix.

1.The spawn system

On most maps, the odd spawns aren’t too much of problem, although having teams regenerate on the same side of the map is odd. Where it’s most prevalent, though, is on Nuketown. Sometimes it’s not even possible to make it to the first house without an enemy spawning behind you and shooting you in the back. It has turned the map – on Team Deathmatch at least – into a horrible camper fest, but that’s basically the only way to play. Ugly.

2.Footsteps

An integral part of the Call Of Duty online experience is listening for enemy footsteps. For some reason, be it a bug, a design decision or just that the sound is too low in the mix, but it’s almost impossible to hear enemy footsteps at the moment, meaning you’re going to get stabbed in the back more than you’d like. Treyarch has already acknowledged this issue, let’s hope it’s tweaked sooner rather than later.

3.Matchmaking issues

These are threefold. First of all, there are bugs in the party system that mean you’re often disconnected from your buddies as you try and find a game (particularly in wager match, which is a crying shame). Secondly, the ability for players to continually vote for the same map over and over leads to people constantly choosing Nuketown on TDM for some unknown reason, which is misery. And finally, COD still has problems in matching up equally skilled players. Dropping a 35-2 triple prestiger in with a bunch of average players is never fun. Unless you’re the prestiger.

4.Lag

A tough one, but there are niggles with lag. The PC version is reportedly hammered by unplayable lag, which will surely be eradicated soon enough, but there are subtler problems in the console versions. Too many melee attacks miss, too many headshots aren’t registered. Just watch the killcams to see how many shots don’t appear to hit their targets, but still count as hits. This is the toughest one to fix, and it’s not game breaking, but here’s hoping.

5.Theater mode

It’s brilliantly reliased, but still filled with glitches. If it’s not forgetting all your matches, it’s mixing them up with someone elses or not allowing you to watch them. When it all works, it’s every bit as good as Halo Reach’s. When it all works.

In the pursuit of fairness though, it should be said that Black Ops is already a supreme online experience, almost certainly the finest online shooter in console history. Treyarch has outdone itself and should be commended for it. That being said – FIX THE SPAWNS!

I'm lazy!! so I copied and paste this but I agree 100%
source:http://www.gamerzines.com/

I just hope Actvision gets it right next year and HOST THEIR OWEN SERVERS!!!! I'm so PISSED OFF about the LOST HOST BULLS***!!!

The patch fixed nothing btw...lol It so hard for me to get on fire and I was fire and the host quits the game. Then it put in a new server and I was at ZERO and the match ended. This happened to me many times in game when the host quits when they are losing.

I will say it until I'm blue in the face that is why EA has better servers because they host them on XBOX LIVE and it never says looking for new host!!!

Variation-XBA
11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
You pretty much summed it up. The fubar spawning on Nuketown is my biggest one as well.

Steeps5
11-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Spawning and Matchmaking by far!! Gosh they are so ridiculous sometimes.

Ainokeatoo
11-15-2010, 01:13 PM
All of those things, I went to try it out at a friends house, and all of those things, except the theater I didn't get to play with that, but all of those annoyed me, which is why i'm putting off getting the game, that and an empty wallet.

Also, "The" finest shooter in console history? Yeah, I don't agree.

Dr_J
11-15-2010, 06:46 PM
All of the above.

I've actually stopped playing it due to the matchmaking.

I won't be playing on-line until the patch it right.

Vampero
11-15-2010, 10:31 PM
All of those things, I went to try it out at a friends house, and all of those things, except the theater I didn't get to play with that, but all of those annoyed me, which is why i'm putting off getting the game, that and an empty wallet.

Also, "The" finest shooter in console history? Yeah, I don't agree.

I have to agree with you on your points.I think a lot people bought the game for the name only..lol I like it,but a lot maps look cut and paste.Don't get me started on the Theater Mode it took me almost two hours just to get one 30 sec movie to be upload to youtube...lol I want MoH game play and graphics with CoD perks.I would be so happy pigs would fly. I give the game a C+.

Steeps5
11-15-2010, 11:09 PM
I have to agree with you on your points.I think a lot people bought the game for the name only..lol I like it,but a lot maps look cut and paste.Don't get me started on the Theater Mode it took me almost two hours just to get one 30 sec movie to be upload to youtube...lol I want MoH game play and graphics with CoD perks.I would be so happy pigs would fly. I give the game a C+.

See I'm just the opposite on the gameplay there, I prefer CoD gameplay over Battlefield games.

Vampero
11-16-2010, 08:17 AM
See I'm just the opposite on the gameplay there, I prefer CoD gameplay over Battlefield games.

Is there a way to stop the bobbing up and down when your moving?

Steeps5
11-17-2010, 12:31 AM
Is there a way to stop the bobbing up and down when your moving?

Don't think so...

Vampero
11-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Don't think so...

Thanks...I'm starting to get use to it now. I had my record last night 15-3..That is a Big deal for me...hahhahahha:D

Fargoth
11-18-2010, 08:46 AM
I borrowed it from a friend most of my problems are what led me off xbox live in the first place: the players. I know they can't fix that, but to be honest I really dislike the design of all the maps it's almost like they're trying to say camp here. I would like more perks, and lag to be fixed. Aside from that It's not bad, but to me it just doesn't feel the same...

Steeps5
11-19-2010, 12:18 AM
I know what I want fixed. The little kids that play the game all the time. I actually do know some mature young guys but the ones that aren't really need help. Namely the ones that say "Suck my ****" 50 times in one match. God I can't stand it anymore.

Variation-XBA
11-19-2010, 01:21 AM
That's why Party Chat is your friend

Vampero
11-19-2010, 07:45 AM
I know what I want fixed. The little kids that play the game all the time. I actually do know some mature young guys but the ones that aren't really need help. Namely the ones that say "Suck my ****" 50 times in one match. God I can't stand it anymore.

What I do is turn my wireless head set on and leave on the couch...or making a party chat works too.:cool:

m4oH
11-19-2010, 01:07 PM
The god forsakenly awful fat ugly spawns.

Vampero
11-20-2010, 10:48 AM
The god forsakenly awful fat ugly spawns.

That is so true!!

Dr_J
11-21-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm half-tempted to just send this game back to Activision. What a horrible game.

On-line multiplayer is a joke,

Now, I decided to try out the campaign and the game glitches out at the crash site and I can't go any farther. I get to the crate on the plane and then nothing happens. It just sits there.

I understand that all games are not perfect, but this is freakin' ridiculous.

Vampero
11-21-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm half-tempted to just send this game back to Activision. What a horrible game.

Now, I decided to try out the campaign and the game glitches out at the crash site and I can't go any farther. I get to the crate on the plane and then nothing happens. It just sits there.

Wow, I never tried single player game yet.Sorry to hear your problems! I'm hoping for a REAL PATCH soon..:rockout:

Steeps5
11-22-2010, 01:13 AM

Wow. I have yet to see any glitches, well at least glitches that actually affect the game, on single player or zombies. They're typically only graphical glitches. I've played the campaign twice and all the zombie maps numerous times.

Helidriver
11-22-2010, 11:52 AM
I haven't heard a single whiney ass kid since CoD4. You can set your audio preferences to friends only, and you'll never hear them again.

Vampero
11-22-2010, 12:26 PM
I haven't heard a single whiney ass kid since CoD4. You can set your audio preferences to friends only, and you'll never hear them again.

NICE!!!!!!! I will look for that !!! Thanks!! I just start playing CoD games online,Black OPS is the only one I like online...:cheers:

Helidriver
11-22-2010, 05:41 PM
To specify your online audio settings:
Go to My Xbox, and select your profile.
Go right to Online Safety, select Change Settings.
Select Customize.
Select Voice and Text, then select "Friends Only".
Select Save and Exit.