PDA

View Full Version : halo reach multi player

MXracer721
11-18-2010, 12:27 PM
does anyone else feel that the multi player on reach is a little over rated? Can't believe they re-used 4 maps from previous games. I might be one of the few but this game doesn't seem to have it.

Not Yellow
11-18-2010, 03:04 PM
In my opinion Reach is close to the top of the 'best Halo Games'. Bungie did a good job with their last Halo title in both the Campaign and the Multiplayer. What's wrong with the maps? They brought back some of the better maps of the Franchise, and it's no different than them including re-makes in the previous Halo Titles.

Bungie included one of the most(and while at the same time, least) technical map editor that gamers have seen with Forge World. Soon Bungie isn't going to be holding the reins and they gave the community a way to continue to add to the Reach Experience.

There are some pretty spectacular maps out there made by the community, yeah most of them are remakes, but who cares? They are fun to play and in some cases extremely accurate to their predecessors.

Take the MLG Community made version of Sanctuary. It's scaled to the exact same size as the map was in Halo 2. It's smooth AND familiar. (No, I'm not talking about Asylum).

Even with the addition of the extra game modes, the armor abilities, and the other tweaks and changes I feel like this is what Halo was meant to be all along.

Variation-XBA
11-18-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm with Yellow on this one. Why are remade maps a bad thing when they are good maps to begin with?

MoonTar
11-18-2010, 05:01 PM
I love the new multiplayer, especially Elite Slayer. However I do find the double melee system very annoying, I still have to get used to it. Concerning maps, I think they need to make more remakes. I would love to see Guardian in the mix again, or Standoff (yes I liked Standoff).

MXracer721
11-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Ok, I get that remakes aren't necessarily bad. But now I just paid 60 bucks to play maps that I already have played before, right out of the box? Old tried and true maps are always good for a game, but how about offering something completely new first, then give us some retro maps after a few months. I'm still going to give Reach some time, but maybe I'm just not into the franchise as much anymore. After playing Reach the past few nights I'm leaning towards getting Black Ops strictly for the multiplayer. For me, that game, as of now, just seems to be more my style and more addicting with the perks and whatnot. Anyways, what do you guys usually play on Reach multiplayer? I have been on Rumble Pit and Team Slayer so far.

MoonTar
11-18-2010, 10:17 PM
My favorites are multiteam and bigteam.

Variation-XBA
11-18-2010, 11:02 PM
The map layout may be the same but with armor loadouts they are played ENTIRELY differently. If it aint your thing then don't play it I guess.

Not Yellow
11-19-2010, 01:59 PM
I normally stick to: Team Slayer, Team Snipers, Team Arena, and Doubles Arena.
I'm waiting for the MLG Playlist. I feel that playing the other playlists doesn't add to your skill and will actually make you worse. I'm talking about Invasion, BTB, Lone Wolf, etc..(pretty much all the playlists I didn't say I played. :P)

Like Variation said though, the Armor Abilities add something different to the way the levels are played and it's important. It's like the verticality that was added to CoD, in my opinion. Not only do you have to worry about Route A, B, & C you also have to worry about X, Y, & Z. It also adds a more tactical feel to teamwork and gameplay to have your team picking AA that benefit from each other. Hopefully that makes as much sense here as it does in my head. lol

There's a map-pack coming out soon for Reach. You want your 'New Maps'? Get the DLC. If not, be satisfied with the thousands and thousands of custom made map variants.

Ultimately though I feel that Reach requires more skill than Black Ops, just like Halo 3 required more skill than MW2. The CoD series(at least for the past few games) is just seeming like an endless amount of random grenades/nube tubes, OP Kill Streaks, and it not mattering where you're aiming at when you're firing at an enemy as long as it's in their general direction.

I'm also down for games of Halo, especially with fellow Addicts. Add me if you want to play sometime: Not Yellow.

MXracer721
11-19-2010, 06:03 PM
That's some good input Not Yellow, I played for another 2 hours or so last night and so far my favorite game type is Headhunter although I've only played it once. I do agree Halo requires more skill, it takes FOREVER to kill someone compared to CoD because of the shields (which I know can be turned off). The last Halo game I played was 3 before I got Reach, so it's been awhile. After this weekend I might pick up Black Ops because I like the way you have the gun challenges and perks. So far I haven't seen anything like that in Reach, I could be wrong though.

Variation-XBA
11-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I might pick up Black Ops because I like the way you have the gun challenges and perks. So far I haven't seen anything like that in Reach, I could be wrong though.

No, there's nothing like that in Reach. You can spend your credits on cosmetic armor changes and such, but that's about it.

SamSmith
11-20-2010, 07:05 PM
I was underwhelmed with Halo 3. Didn't bother with ODST, and I really didn't expect much with Reach.

I have to say though, I've been very impressed through and through. I thought the campaign turned out great and I wouldn't hesitate to say that it is - in my opinion - the best multiplayer game going on the 360.

oddjob428
11-22-2010, 08:32 AM
I think the gameplay in Halo is what makes it so popular. The graphics are a step behind in my opinion. I haven't played single player in Reach yet but I hear it's supposed to be better than ODST.

warlikechunk
11-25-2010, 09:57 PM
I feel that reach offers some of the best/funnest multiplayer experience online right now.... ive herd this alot about reach that, its not fun or it doesnt feel right. i feel that alot of people were expecting to play halo 3 over again. and thats why they dont like it,(not trying to say thats you) because its different, but i think bungie made a phenomenal game all around. The campaign is one of the best in the series, the online experience is great, and forge is the most endepth map editor on a console that im aware of. Im just ready for the MLG Playlist ;)

MXracer721
11-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Alright, been a little while since I last posted, and since then I picked up Black Ops and I love it. I haven't played much single player of either game so this is strictly based on the online parts. For me Blacks Ops is more my style, and I would agree that Reach is quite a bit harder in it's standard form (with shields) because you really can't get lucky with your shots, you have to have good shots consistantly. The major reason I like Black Ops so much is because of the challenges and the ranking system. The challenges make it appealing to change your gun, style of play, etc. Plus CoD reminds of Counter Strike and my endless hours playing that game.....good times. Reach is an amazing game, but CoD is just more my style.

HaZarD SFD
11-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Going to play MP tomorrow evening. I hated MP in halo and I hear that this one is a good revamp. Will post my comments once I get a chance to play it a bit.

warlikechunk
11-29-2010, 11:08 PM
I hated MP in halo .

which one?

HaZarD SFD
11-30-2010, 05:46 AM
which one?

All of them. I did like Halo 2 MP a bit.. ODST I barely Played.

Not Yellow
11-30-2010, 08:18 AM
I honestly don't know why people bring up ODST, even though it's technically a Halo game...>_> It had firefight..Most people got ODST because of the Halo 3 maps.

It sucks you don't like the Halo MP, Hazard. I feel like it's one of the best console FPS [series] ever made and has always been some of the best online fun since it was first brought around with halo 2.

It's more like all the Halo games were awesome, minus ODST of course. Though this is the order I'd rate them in awesome.

Halo: CE
Halo 2
Halo: Reach
Halo 3

but one thing I'd honestly always do is put Halo multiplayer above that of the CoD franchise. I think most people that play it have problems is because they simply aren't good enough. They have a hard time adapting to the type of gameplay. Even though Halo is normally about the 'Run-N-Gun' but it still requires a ton more skill than most.

Ainokeatoo
11-30-2010, 04:53 PM
I agree Yellow, I refused to buy MW2 and Black Ops simply because it CoD4 alone was to easy for me. I could spin around in circles and get at least a few kills, it's to easy. Then they added big gun ships nukes, just not my kind of game. Now, I don't prefer games like Halo, I don't like having to shoot at people a gazillion times before I can get a kill, but I do enjoy it more so for the challenge.