PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Mass Effect 2

Ainokeatoo
11-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Sup everyone, it's been a while since I bought new games that aren't already three years old, except for reach. Assassins Creed Brotherhood and ME2 as the name of the title says, are the two recent ones I've picked up. Just mini reviews and why you should get both games and why you shouldn't.

ME2: Hands down the better of the two games in everything but storylined gameplay. The character customization is lacking, but that's just fine, there are few console games that have indepth CC which isn't to important as it's no MMO.

I loved everything, from the graphics, to the way the story was told, it wasn't executed perfectly but that's just fine with me. The only gripe I had was as I mentioned, the storylined gameplay, basically the missions, I just felt I was going around gathering things it didn't feel like ME1 where I had real missions and nabbed people on the way. I feel the stations and cities could have used more depth but then again I hated getting lost on the citadel in ME1.

On two discs the game seems a lot longer, and I really took my time on my first play through to make sure everyone was loyal before I took on the final missions.

The powers, the biotics and tech, was AMAZING, hundreds times better than the first game, they did a really good job with that and I applaud them, there was no greater feeling than laughing at an enemy as I distracted him with a combat drone and took out all his friends.

The guns, another thing that disappointed me, there was no over all commanding weapon, I was stuck as an Engineer with a pistol/SMG most of the game which again, sucks. I didn't like that I was stuck to purchasing upgrades to weapons instead of weapons themselves. Different with the Armor Upgrades though, I liked that, I liked that I could color my armor and purchase actually attachments along with upgrades for the armor.

Overall, I don't know why I didn't buy the game earlier, but I have it now it's only twenty bucks brand new, you all should get it if you've wanted to try the game but were a bit skeptical. It took me a good amount of time on casual to beat, I'm sure the real money is in the harder difficulties, so I believe the replay value is right there. Not to mention ME3 Is confirmed and I'm sure you'd want to import a max level ME2 to ME3 one of Paragon and Renegade :) I know I will.

My ACB miniview will be up after I've played it.