PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Faceplates

Viggen66
11-26-2010, 04:53 AM
Dear All

Do you know a place or website where I can buy new faceplates, I own an Elite and it must be dark colors, I'm finding hard to get new faceplates.

SpaceGhost2K
11-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Dear All

Do you know a place or website where I can buy new faceplates, I own an Elite and it must be dark colors, I'm finding hard to get new faceplates.

No physical stores carry them anymore, and with the demise of the "old" system, that's not likely to change. Most online stores that carry them, like Amazon, are linking you to individuals who are selling them.

They can be found on eBay, but prices are all over the place, from ridiculous deals to absolute extortion. Best thing to do would be to find something you like, then ask in here about whether it's priced reasonably.

It also matters on what you want to spend. If you don't want to drop more than ten bucks, you're really going to limit yourself.

There's also the option of making your own. We have a connection to the guys who manage fa.subcostume.com. You can go there and use their "design your own gadget" feature to upload an image and see what it would look like on a faceplate. If you want one dark, use a dark image. These are $19.99 + $5.50 for shipping. Advantages are that you can do stuff like put your gamertag on the plate, making it completely personal. Disadvantages are that all plates come glossy which may bother you on an Elite.

Last option is to take your Elite faceplate (or buy an extra) and customize it yourself. Easiest way is with Sharpies or paint pens. Harder is to get a can of plastic friendly spray paint or plastic friendly spray primer and regular spray paint. Cut out some stencils from tape, play with it, and paint your own. I did that for two years and came up with some pretty cool stuff. You can use scrapbooking components from Michaels, epoxy putty that dries hard without having to be baked, special spray like sand spray, felt spray or glow in the dark. You can attach figures to it like I did a lot of mine.

Mainly it depends on how much you want to spend (in time and money) and how creative you are (it's always more than you think if you give it a shot.)

There are almost two thousand faceplates listed in the database here, which is linked at the top of the page. That will give you some idea of what people have done with them.

Good luck. Ask more questions if you have them. :)

Viggen66
11-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi SpaceGhost2K

Thanks for you reply, there are at least 4 to 5 faceplates I like on the website you told me, but there are two ways of changing faceplates one is with a sticker, wich you attach to your existing faceplate. others with a new set, how does it work on this website, I would prefer a brand new faceplate.

SpaceGhost2K
11-29-2010, 02:21 PM
The fa.subcostume.com website actually factory prints faceplates, not skins.

Viggen66
11-30-2010, 04:29 AM
I will one faceplate to custom my xbox system. Thanks

Viggen66
01-05-2011, 05:46 AM
I have just received my faceplate from subcostume, very satisfied with the general quality of the printing, my xbox is now prettier.
But I found it harder to insert the new faceplate, when compared with the stock, and I full recommend subcostume.