PDA

View Full Version : XBox Dashboard Frustration

12buckmafia-XBA
11-29-2010, 02:20 AM
This new dashboard is killing me. My discs no longer load at startup despite the fact that I have it set to do so, and I don't have access to Indie Games any longer despite the fact that all of my family settings are off.

Any advice on how to fix this? I don't want to start deleting files with the intent to re-download only to find I really messed things up.

12buckmafia-XBA
11-29-2010, 02:30 AM
Hmm...got halfway there. Re-opened all the XBox Live policy documents, turned my family settings on and then off again and saved. I can see the Indie games now...so it's a start.

Variation-XBA
11-29-2010, 02:34 AM
I don't have discs at startup, so I'm not sure where they changed that to :(

Steeps5
11-29-2010, 10:47 AM
So in the Settings menu, under Startup, you have the setting chosen for discs to play at startup?

Unreal
12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
My Modern Warfare 2 360 won't even load. It freezes on the boot up screen. From what I have read MS wants 120 dollars to fix the issue even though my system was perfect before the new dashboard. I called them and they have all these ideas to fix it but nothing is working. So I am using my back up 360 (launch). So its a matter of time before it dies :( lol.

12buckmafia-XBA
12-28-2010, 05:55 PM
So in the Settings menu, under Startup, you have the setting chosen for discs to play at startup?

Sorry...just saw this thread again for the first time since I posted.

Yeah I have it set to auto-load discs at startup. Variation can verify since I showed up and he was puzzled too.

Steeps5
12-30-2010, 01:06 AM
Sorry...just saw this thread again for the first time since I posted.

Yeah I have it set to auto-load discs at startup. Variation can verify since I showed up and he was puzzled too.

Well from my experience with 360's, that's typically a sign that the disc drive is getting old and worn down, but I know how to replace them. Too bad Microsoft didn't put in higher quality drives from the start.