PDA

View Full Version : 2011 here we go!

Symmetric-XBA
12-05-2010, 04:55 PM
With the holiday season getting close to wrapping up, the focus on 2011 is rapidly increasing. If you thought 2010 was a big year, 2011 is setting up to be flat out amazing. I asked Santa and he told me that 2011 could also show some games that would take us by surprise.

Here's a list so far of the games on my 2011 list, all are standard until a CE is announced:

Ace Combat Assault Horizon
Batman Arkham City
Bulletstorm
Crysis 2 (nano edt.)
Dead Space 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Dragon Age II
Duke Nukem (finally!)
Gears of War 3
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Homefront
Hunted: Demon's Forge
Marvel V.S. Capcom 3
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Mortal Kombat
Rage
Test Drive Unlimited 2

What games are you looking forward to in 2011?

warlikechunk
12-05-2010, 04:57 PM
deadspace 2, batman, and RAGE...... just looks fantastic cant wait for it!

Variation-XBA
12-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Other than those, others off the top of my head:

Two Worlds 2
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Max Payne 3
Portal 2
Bioshock Infinite
Dungeon Siege 3

Symmetric-XBA
12-05-2010, 05:10 PM

Bioshock Infinite

Unf. this game isn't comin out till 2012 :(

Variation-XBA
12-05-2010, 05:46 PM

i'm holding hope :)

SpaceGhost2K
12-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Child of Eden, Project Draco, Steel Battalion.

Mass Effect 3 (not likely), Elder Scrolls 5/Oblivion II (not likely), some Japanese RPG a la Eternal Sonata or Tales of Vesperia. Honestly, I have eight I haven't played yet so no worries.

I don't go for a lot of the mainstream stuff so it's looking pretty thin to me. Others will be giddy, though.

Symmetric-XBA
12-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Child of Eden, Project Draco, Steel Battalion.

Mass Effect 3 (not likely), Elder Scrolls 5/Oblivion II (not likely), some Japanese RPG a la Eternal Sonata or Tales of Vesperia. Honestly, I have eight I haven't played yet so no worries.

I don't go for a lot of the mainstream stuff so it's looking pretty thin to me. Others will be giddy, though.

Child of Eden - One of the best kinect titles I got to see, however, it didn't bode well for the game when its own devs say that it plays better w/ a controller than kinect. As a fan of Rez I'm with ya on this one space!

ME3 - oh if only you knew lol. There may be something on.... wait... I can't say lol. I'll say this, if you're looking forward to ME3, then you won't be disappointed. lol

Var, I hate to be a grinch about this, but Bioshock Infinite has been already slated for a TBA in 2012 from the company itself.

EMX
12-05-2010, 07:58 PM
gears of war 3

Symmetric-XBA
12-05-2010, 08:12 PM
so you're tellin us you're excited for gears of war 3? lol.

HaZarD SFD
12-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Bulletstorm

Duke Nukem (finally!)

Metal Gear Solid Rising

and Steel Battalion ( I so want to play this game )

``Rob
12-05-2010, 09:21 PM
oh what they have test drive for xbox... I used to love that game!

Fargoth
12-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Mortal Kombat
Mass Effect 3
Elder Scrolls
:)

Symmetric-XBA
12-05-2010, 10:47 PM
oh what they have test drive for xbox... I used to love that game!

Yeah man apparently in TDU2 they are going to be putting you on the island of Ibiza off the coast of spain. One of the many new features that peaked my interest was the fact that now apparently there now is the feature to have an online friend in your passenger seat and the two of you can take on the races together. There are still a lot more details that need to be ironed out in the game (hence the reason why it got delayed originally), but yeah TDU2 is going to be epic.

Symmetric-XBA
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Mortal Kombat
Mass Effect 3
Elder Scrolls:)

Elder Scrolls has been in development for a while, however, bethesda hasn't announced any release date for it in 2011, and on top of that they have said that they don't know when it will be released, but that they are dilligently working on it. Maybe it will be a launch title for the new console like they originally planned? Who knows??

As far as ME3 goes... well.... thats about all I can say about that lol.

SpaceGhost2K
12-05-2010, 11:45 PM
ME3 - oh if only you knew lol. There may be something on.... wait... I can't say lol. I'll say this, if you're looking forward to ME3, then you won't be disappointed. lol

You got a little something around your lips, there.

I mean, I know there's a multiplayer spin-off, kind of a ME 2.5 in the works, but nothing more than that.

Steeps5
12-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Ace Combat (die hard fan)
Mass Effect 3 (major, major die hard fan lol)
Future Warfighter (really hoping it's different from Advanced Warfighter, didn't like those games that much)
TDU2 (love the first one)
Crysis 2 (but for PC cause it looks better)

Symmetric-XBA
12-06-2010, 12:20 AM
I mean, I know there's a multiplayer spin-off, kind of a ME 2.5 in the works, but nothing more than that.

I can tell ya now that the me 2.5 thing isn't gonna happen. lol Get ready for ME3. trust.

Shawn-XBA
12-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Titles I'm looking forward to:

Prey 2
Postal III
Ghostbuster: Sanctum of Slime
Homefront
Rage
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
FEAR 3
Saints Row 3
Forza 4
Doom 4
I am Alive
Child of Eden
Mortal Kombat
Gears of War 3
COD: Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam
L.A. Noire
Beyond Good and Evil
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Fargoth
12-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Elder Scrolls has been in development for a while, however, bethesda hasn't announced any release date for it in 2011, and on top of that they have said that they don't know when it will be released, but that they are dilligently working on it. Maybe it will be a launch title for the new console like they originally planned? Who knows??

As far as ME3 goes... well.... thats about all I can say about that lol.

Hey I'm willing to wait for four more years for a mind****ing orgasm of a game rather than a mediocre one every year of my favorite brands hence why Bethesda and Bioware are my favorites. Quality work in my opinion.

``Rob
12-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah man apparently in TDU2 they are going to be putting you on the island of Ibiza off the coast of spain. One of the many new features that peaked my interest was the fact that now apparently there now is the feature to have an online friend in your passenger seat and the two of you can take on the races together. There are still a lot more details that need to be ironed out in the game (hence the reason why it got delayed originally), but yeah TDU2 is going to be epic.

Yup, I will deff be getting that game...

last time I played test drive was on my computer 4 maybe 5 years ago... I was so pissed when my computer crashed, I lost the game...

Symmetric-XBA
12-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Hey I'm willing to wait for four more years for a mind****ing orgasm of a game rather than a mediocre one every year of my favorite brands hence why Bethesda and Bioware are my favorites. Quality work in my opinion.

I couldn't agree more with ya. At last year's E3 I asked a Bethesda rep about the new Elder Scrolls game and he smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said "we're not really talking about that game today, but what we have here is Fallout New Vegas" lol. So I took his response as "yes we are working on it, no we won't tell you anything, and look away now and play this game instead and forget you even asked that question"

I almost felt like I was in Star Wars. "This isn't the game you're looking for... Move along.. Move along"

SpaceGhost2K
12-07-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't mind if Child of Eden plays better with a controller. How many times have we heard that first person shooters play better on the PC, but many people still prefer the "worse" version on the console. I will be happy with the "worse" version of CoE that I play with my hands, than just sitting on a couch, spinning thumbsticks around. I already have that game: E4. I've played it for hundreds of hours, literally, so I'm looking forward to a similar game that offers a different experience.

Eagle Styph
12-07-2010, 03:17 PM
I would bet a new CoD game will be set to come out late 2011.

But... there is no way of knowing this early into 2011.

-ES

Eagle Styph
12-07-2010, 03:21 PM

Two Worlds 2
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Max Payne 3
Portal 2
Bioshock Infinite
Dungeon Siege 3

Cant wait until Bioshock comes out. I adored the second.

Metal Gear Solid is another great one. Keep the list coming!

-ES

Eagle Styph
12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Titles I'm looking forward to:

Prey 2
Postal III
Ghostbuster: Sanctum of Slime
Homefront
Rage
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
FEAR 3
Saints Row 3
Forza 4
Doom 4
I am Alive
Child of Eden
Mortal Kombat
Gears of War 3
COD: Modern Warfare 3
L.A. Noire
Beyond Good and Evil

Forza 4? Its about time! The last game I played was the latest installment to the series... made in 2006:eek:.

-ES

Unreal
12-15-2010, 07:24 AM
What games are you looking forward to in 2011?
Bulletstorm, Brink, Rage, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Elder Scrolls 5, Forza 4.

Unreal
12-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Forza 4? Its about time! The last game I played was the latest installment to the series... made in 2006:eek:.

-ES
If your talking about Forza 3 your off on your dates.

Enamelized420
12-15-2010, 10:50 AM
BioShock Infinite
Gears of War 3
If they release a Forza 4 I'd love to get that also along w/ the next installment of COD if there is something in the pipeline for 2011

Steeps5
12-15-2010, 12:06 PM
BioShock Infinite
Gears of War 3
If they release a Forza 4 I'd love to get that also along w/ the next installment of COD if there is something in the pipeline for 2011

Yeah apparently there's a Modern Warfare 3.

Ainokeatoo
12-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah apparently there's a Modern Warfare 3.

Lol There will always be one until treyarch follows suit with IW

scozzard
12-15-2010, 05:42 PM
I am mega looking forward to the new Deus Ex and GOW3!

Duke Nukems coming out in 2011..? *cough cough* hrmmm

Steeps5
12-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Lol There will always be one until treyarch follows suit with IW

Well IW is still gonna make it, they just don't have West, Zampella, and other lead figures.

Symmetric-XBA
12-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Well IW is still gonna make it, they just don't have West, Zampella, and other lead figures.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news man, but unf. IW is no longer around. Activision closed down IW for good.

Bakeman
12-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Rage and LA Noire

Nato King
12-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Right now the only few games i am looking forward to playing is.

Brink
Batman Arkham City
Gears of War 3
Metal Gear Solid Rising

I will be going to pax in boston next year so until than these are my only games to keep an eye on.
Nato

WillyV2
12-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Batman Arkham City
Mass Effect 3

Don't really care about Gears of War or Bioshock anymore..

Gun Runner
12-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Dead Space 2
Gears of War 3
Portal 2

Vampero
12-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Deus Ex Human Revolution push back to 2012..I think I read that...:confused:

addict
12-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Brink, Dead Space 2, Postal 3, Deus Ex: HR, Gears3, Batman Arkham City. LA Noire kind of snuck up on me, i wasent interested untill my gameinformer mag showed up.

2011 FTW@

mattgame
12-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Batman Arkham City
Bulletstorm
Crysis 2 (nano edt.)
Dead Space 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Gears of War 3
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Mortal Kombat