PDA

View Full Version : Next Halo game leaked?

Symmetric-XBA
12-06-2010, 02:37 AM
First off I'm sorry about the size of the pic.

Ok get this, apparently there is a screenshot that got leaked from 343. Now if this is true, and this is what things are looking like for the next halo, then halo fans rejoyce. There is some mammoth talent going on at 343 and to give you a bit of a run down check this out.

To give you guys a reason why 343 Industries is a team to keep eyes on is because of the number of professional people who are experienced from AAA titles working there.

First Frank O'Connor, he was the brain and soul of the Halo CE and Halo 2. He oversees the fiction and story elements. Other people have moved to 343 Industries from Bungie. There's a reason why Bungie and 343 Industries are close friends.

There's then Corrine Yu. She is very well known in the gaming industry as the female version of John Carmack in Engine Archetic or in other words very smart graphics maker. She also consults Nvidea for their chips design. That says something about how smart she is. Research her you will be suprised.

There have been some top people from Gearbox have moved over. They of coursed worked on Borderlands, Brothers in Arms, etc.

20 people from Pandemic Studios are now employed at 343 Industries.

The co-producer of metal gear solid 4 is over at 343 Industries.

Oh you want to see the leaked image? Enjoy..........

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/SymmetricMusic/halonemesisleaked.jpg

I like how the battle rifle seems to have made a comeback.

Variation-XBA
12-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Yea, when I saw this awhile ago, my pants got tighter

Ainokeatoo
12-06-2010, 06:01 AM
I don't like that there is no health. But, I'm hoping their first game will be a Next Gen remake of Halo CE

warlikechunk
12-06-2010, 09:11 AM
i hope they do a good job with it...

Variation-XBA
12-06-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't like that there is no health. But, I'm hoping their first game will be a Next Gen remake of Halo CE

That ain't Chief in the picture so I dunno about that

MoonTar
12-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Cool, but I don't want a Halo game coming out every year like CoD, I like it when a game comes out every 2 or 3 years. Gives you time to play the current one more.

Steeps5
12-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Yay only shields!! No more having to search for 2 minutes of the game to find a health pack =)

Ainokeatoo
12-06-2010, 01:27 PM
That ain't Chief in the picture so I dunno about that

Yeah, I know, but 343 has been talking about doing a remake of Halo CE, even though the picture doesn't show it I really hope the remake is their first game.

Bertnell
12-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Lets hope the story and character elements tie in well to the existing story and characters.

SpaceGhost2K
12-06-2010, 03:59 PM
It has already been determined from another forum that it is a fake. Sorry, y'all.

Ainokeatoo
12-06-2010, 05:33 PM
It has already been determined from another forum that it is a fake. Sorry, y'all.

Did I ever tell you how much I love you Space? You give my CE remake dream hope.

Fargoth
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Forget it they said Halo 3 would be the last one and how many have come out after that? I'm fine with a good game, but if your going to market the living hell out of it for every last dollar then I'm done. Hence why I don't own a nintendo.

SpaceGhost2K
12-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Coming out with a new Halo every year is just like TV coming out with a new season of ____ every year. Sopranos, Dexter, Lost, The Simpsons... There will be good years and bad years, and there will be new directions taken along with the same stuff that's always made it popular.

If they can release a quality product once a year, they should go for it. Aren't you ready for a new one after playing one for a whole year?

What they should never, ever do is remake one. Sorry. Look at Star Wars. Every time the tech improves a little, Lucas wants to remake it, and they keep getting worse each time. Remember CE fondly, and look towards the future for better stuff.

RalliArtEvo
12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Coming out with a new Halo every year is just like TV coming out with a new season of ____ every year. Sopranos, Dexter, Lost, The Simpsons... There will be good years and bad years, and there will be new directions taken along with the same stuff that's always made it popular.

If they can release a quality product once a year, they should go for it. Aren't you ready for a new one after playing one for a whole year?

What they should never, ever do is remake one. Sorry. Look at Star Wars. Every time the tech improves a little, Lucas wants to remake it, and they keep getting worse each time. Remember CE fondly, and look towards the future for better stuff.

:rofl: what in the heck are you talking about? Star Wars has NEVER been remade, they simply added in CGI to some of the scenes. That's not even remotely close as to remaking a classic game from scratch.

As far as the Halo CE remake that has been speculated about, Halo fans want to see this happen and have been begging for a remake for years. Keep the weapon balance and maps the same but upgrade the graphics and add live support? YES PLEASE!

Fargoth
12-07-2010, 12:04 AM
:rofl: what in the heck are you talking about? Star Wars has NEVER been remade, they simply added in CGI to some of the scenes. That's not even remotely close as to remaking a classic game from scratch.

Star wars I, II, III... Star wars the clone wars the cartoon show and the cartoon movie... All the star wars games.. Don't forget they're producing star wars 7-9 now also... Star Wars holiday special... Caravan of Courage... The battle for Endor... The new live action TV series...

I can keep going if you want me to

SpaceGhost2K
12-07-2010, 12:42 AM
So you don't care about the single player. You just want the multiplayer remade.

Kinda like how the Jabba's Palace scene in ROTJ was remade. Or the "Greedo Shoots First" scene in ANH was remade. Or how the Wampa scene in TESB was remade.

Eagle Styph
12-07-2010, 03:24 PM
i hope they do a good job with it...

In my opinion, you cant make a Halo game bad.

-ES

angeto
12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
nice pic but fake
its the photoshop equivalent of a five year olds drawing
although it would be nice for a 3rd person halo game like metal gear
less health more stealth.

Fargoth
12-07-2010, 06:33 PM
In my opinion, you cant make a Halo game bad.

-ES

Halo Wars.... >.>

Eagle Styph
12-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Halo Wars.... >.>

Ah. I never really thought of Halo Wars as a game. Morel like a "mini-game." I never played Halo Wars before, guess I shouldn't? :hump:

Eagle

Steeps5
12-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Halo Wars is the best RTS on the 360. Supreme Commander is better on PC, kinda sucks on 360. Endwar is up there with Halo Wars. Universe at War is the god awful RTS. I feel like I've played a ton of strategy games on 360 and PC so I know which ones are good and bad lol.

Variation-XBA
12-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Ah. I never really thought of Halo Wars as a game. Morel like a "mini-game." I never played Halo Wars before, guess I shouldn't? :hump:

Eagle

It's a great RTS for the console

RalliArtEvo
12-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Star wars I, II, III... Star wars the clone wars the cartoon show and the cartoon movie... All the star wars games.. Don't forget they're producing star wars 7-9 now also... Star Wars holiday special... Caravan of Courage... The battle for Endor... The new live action TV series...

I can keep going if you want me to

I dont even know where to start with this, I'll just say reread my post and think really hard about the difference between creating new entries to an existing IP and remaking something that has already been made.

RalliArtEvo
12-07-2010, 10:16 PM
So you don't care about the single player. You just want the multiplayer remade.

Kinda like how the Jabba's Palace scene in ROTJ was remade. Or the "Greedo Shoots First" scene in ANH was remade. Or how the Wampa scene in TESB was remade.

where did I say ANYTHING about not caring about the single player?

Bro, trust me....I'm that LAST person you want to argue with about Star Wars. Apparently, like the other poster that I replied to, you don't understand the difference between a remake and changing a scene. So by your comparison to Star Wars, you think a remake of Halo CE would be the EXACT same game, same graphics, sound etc with a few new graphics layed on top of a few select scenes with maybe one or two extra 10-30 sec cutscenes thrown in :rofl:

But keep on arguing, this is getting comical.

Gun Runner
12-19-2010, 02:46 AM
I've been searching around Bungie.net in regards to "Halo Nemesis". Most users claim that the staff of Bungie has confirmed it to be a myth. One linked to this (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414379). As you can see, the title of the thread says, "[Debunked, Post 161]". Apparently Post 161 is Frank O'Connor. I also noticed that many of the forum members who created threads with links to this picture have been blacklisted. On the Bungie.net forums posting leaked content is aganist the rules. Another user claims that this was posted on the GameTrailers forum:

- Halo Nemesis is not the real Halo 4
- Remake rumors are true: Nemesis is a mix between a remake of Halo: CE and events in John's past (flashbacks)
- The actual build was shown in Germany
- Nemesis will be released on XBLM in mid 2011
- You will play as John-117 (Master Chief)
- You can switch to 3rd person mode (just like in Bungie's Theater mode)
- Actual demo contains three levels, one of them is an unfinished version of Silent Cartographer
- In the actual demo you're always wearing old armor from John's past
Finally, I found this:
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6638/halonemesisleakedsc.jpg

Ainokeatoo
12-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Not sure about that picture, it looks to similar to the first debunked picture at the start of the thread. Though if it is real I hope they don't use that ugly character model, it looks like armor made from cardboard that, that one kid was proud about. It looks a lot like the cartographer level from Halo CE which gives me some kind of hope.

mattgame
12-21-2010, 05:17 PM
The story has not been told yet so there will be another one. I cant wait to be the big dawg, masterchief once again.

ragingpwner
01-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Halo Wars >>>>> Any RTS on 360

Steeps5
01-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Halo Wars >>>>> Any RTS on 360

Nah Supreme Commander is better.