PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3!

Ainokeatoo
12-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Anyone else watching the VG awards on spike? they just did the Trailer for Mass Effect 3 all I can say is /Pre-ordered. Finally we get to land on Earth, hopefully they don't keep this as a trilogy, as it seems that it would take a game or two longer to defeat the reapers.

RalliArtEvo
12-11-2010, 09:15 PM
actually already known this for a few days now. EA accidentally put the preorder up on their site giving a detailed description of it taking place on earth. LOL. Either way, I'd be getting it regardless of where it takes place, Mass Effect is an amazing series!

Ainokeatoo
12-11-2010, 09:29 PM
actually already known this for a few days now. EA accidentally put the preorder up on their site giving a detailed description of it taking place on earth. LOL. Either way, I'd be getting it regardless of where it takes place, Mass Effect is an amazing series!

Ah, I had no idea it was on earth, just speculations, I've wanted to visit earth since the first game. Because I love to see what humanity has done to our planet in the future. But the Trailer was amazing, it didn't show to much though, I just hope the game doesn't require me to spend the entire time collecting teammates.

I do hope this isn't the last game in the series, ME1 showed us that it took a lot to take out just one reaper, being able to save the entire galaxy in one game, just would feel like a lazy way to end it especially after seeing the sheer amount of reaper ships.

RalliArtEvo
12-11-2010, 09:54 PM
well I only knew because someone caught the mistake on NeoGAF and posted it earlier in the week. Not really sure if EA did it on purpose or not though....

I do agree and almost positive they will continue the series, cause even if the reapers are eliminated in this one, the universe that Bioware created is so rich that they could easily make more. I have a feeling that this will be the end of this story arc though and the next series will introduce a new main character and new enemies.

On a side note, I'm kinda dissapointed in the announcement only because we all already knew that part 3 was coming and Bioware made it sound in their twitter feed that the announcement was going to be a new IP. Anyway, just a minor letdown. But the CGI trailer did look amazing!

Ainokeatoo
12-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Most definitely CG trailers are getting so life like, I thought it was a live action.

As for the new character thing, I thought about it after reading your speculation, and I agree. They can't use the "Shepard dies then is magically brought back to life through science" thing lol they've already done that once.

Steeps5
12-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god. I want it.

Variation-XBA
12-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Man, next fall is already going to be stacked.

Excited to see how they show us Earth. Wondering how they are going to get around the issue of Shepard dying in part 2 (if you let that happen)

Ainokeatoo
12-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Man, next fall is already going to be stacked.

Excited to see how they show us Earth. Wondering how they are going to get around the issue of Shepard dying in part 2 (if you let that happen)

"If the player's Shepard dies, he or she will be unable to continue playing the game after the credits, and will be unable to import their character into Mass Effect 3. Death is final for all characters, and any who die during the ending will not be appearing in Mass Effect 3"

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_2

I went to go look it up because I had no idea Shepard could die in ME2. Apparently you won't be able to import your character into ME3 if you let him die.

Variation-XBA
12-12-2010, 05:35 PM
"If the player's Shepard dies, he or she will be unable to continue playing the game after the credits, and will be unable to import their character into Mass Effect 3. Death is final for all characters, and any who die during the ending will not be appearing in Mass Effect 3"

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_2

I went to go look it up because I had no idea Shepard could die in ME2. Apparently you won't be able to import your character into ME3 if you let him die.

yea I know that, but who will be Shpeard if he 'died' in your ME2 game is what I'm asking

Ainokeatoo
12-12-2010, 05:41 PM
yea I know that, but who will be Shpeard if he 'died' in your ME2 game is what I'm asking

Oh, it's probably one of those things that aren't canon, that the developers don't follow up on. Or you got cloned or some weird thing like that. I don't think they'd follow up on any ending but the ones that require you to be able to survive and import your character you know what I mean?

Since you can't import the character I don't think they'd include shepard dying in your ME2 playthrough as any part of ME3, though I could be wrong and probably am so who knows? lol

RalliArtEvo
12-12-2010, 05:42 PM

It means that you will create a new Shepard from scratch, same as the second one did for people who didn't play the first or have any import data.

Unreal
12-12-2010, 08:54 PM
I will be all over this as well regardless of location.

Ainokeatoo
12-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I will be all over this as well regardless of location.

Lol The location is just a bonus, after I got ME2 (not being two "wowed" after six play-throughs of the first game it was awesome the first time just bored me lol) I knew I was going to get ME3. But the location, I dunno what it is, but I like sci fi futuristic games that allow me to explore "Future Earth".

Steeps5
12-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Well from that video London didn't look majorly different, Big Ben was still there obviously.

Unreal
12-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Lol The location is just a bonus, after I got ME2 (not being two "wowed" after six play-throughs of the first game it was awesome the first time just bored me lol) I knew I was going to get ME3. But the location, I dunno what it is, but I like sci fi futuristic games that allow me to explore "Future Earth".
I goofed around with my Sheppard from ME1 and I finished up the rest of the DLC for ME2. With that said, I hope they take out some of the emphasis of shooter they added in 2. Lair Of The Shadow Broker felt like I was playing a 3rd person shooter and not a RPG. :(

Enamelized420
12-28-2010, 11:17 AM
i'm defintiely looking forward to this when it comes out in the Fall of 2011 to add to my collection. Trailer doesn't show a lot but enough to peek your interest for more!!!

danysuri
01-09-2011, 10:56 AM
i'm defintiely looking forward to this when it comes out in the Fall of 2011 to add to my collection. Trailer doesn't show a lot but enough to peek your interest for more!!! Same here.

Fargoth
01-09-2011, 10:03 PM
I loved all my characters so I couldn't kill any of them. However I think I may actually try killing all characters except Shepard and see how Mass effect 3 turns out XD

MonkeymanCicero
01-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Most definitely CG trailers are getting so life like, I thought it was a live action.

As for the new character thing, I thought about it after reading your speculation, and I agree. They can't use the "Shepard dies then is magically brought back to life through science" thing lol they've already done that once.

As long as Tali can be recruited, I don't care who they have me playing as- so long as it isn't Joker.
**** you, Seth Green. I refuse to accept that I died while saving your ass...