PDA

View Full Version : xbox custom website?

eatlead
12-20-2010, 03:56 PM
hey guys i wasnt sure where to post this here.
i wanted to ask if anybody here runs a business website making custom xbox's. i want to setup a website for my business. i dont really know how to do it or if its even worth it.
i have a small home business doing that now, and i sell most of my stuff on ebay. ebay is ok but its getting to be a pain with sellers fees people who wont pay.
would i be better off making my own website? would i get more business?
i would appreciate any advice. thanks.

Ricepuppet
12-21-2010, 02:11 AM
Making your own website is a great idea; i did it myself.

Thing is you need to market it so hard and redirect people to it constantly, or else it's a bust.

Try marketing the customs first; make advertisements, redirect to your site (in whatever way) thing is, eBay is advertisement itself, so that's a good start.

Then you need to open up a little shop on your site (mine opens pretty soon..) make some more adverts ... etc.

eatlead
12-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Making your own website is a great idea; i did it myself.

Thing is you need to market it so hard and redirect people to it constantly, or else it's a bust.

Try marketing the customs first; make advertisements, redirect to your site (in whatever way) thing is, eBay is advertisement itself, so that's a good start.

Then you need to open up a little shop on your site (mine opens pretty soon..) make some more adverts ... etc.

thanks. how exactly do you market it? ive read about doing it with google so that your site comes up in search engine results.
how did you do your shop? i thought about using paypal. i think paypal has a program for that.

Ricepuppet
12-21-2010, 01:46 PM
thanks. how exactly do you market it? ive read about doing it with google so that your site comes up in search engine results.
how did you do your shop? i thought about using paypal. i think paypal has a program for that.

Well.

My story is somewhat 'weird'. I made the Domo Kun Xbox Custom, which gave me a lot of publicity worldwide. I can't thank those guys who wrote the articles enough.

You can add you website URL + keywords into Google (dunno the link, just 'Google it', heh..) and other search engines.

I use Paypal mainly for international customers, but where i live (The Netherlands) people just transfer the funds to my personal account.

mattgame
12-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Let me know when you get it started.

eatlead
12-22-2010, 01:37 PM
got a small site up and running. im still working on it. has all my pics on it.

www.mattsxboxmods.com

Ainokeatoo
12-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Also, Advertising on XBA (this website/forum) you're allowed one thread dedicated to promoting your website in the appropriate area, and a link in your signature if you plan on advertising.

Steeps5
12-23-2010, 01:06 AM
That's looking pretty good!

Ricepuppet
12-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Honest?

Too much clutter, too big of a Paypal logo, not the right font and pictures aren't aligned right.

eatlead
12-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Honest?

Too much clutter, too big of a Paypal logo, not the right font and pictures aren't aligned right.

yeah i just kinda threw it together yesterday, but didnt have time to work on it. any suggestions?

Ricepuppet
12-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Yeah. Everything in reverse of what i said, lol.

itsdrewbruv
12-29-2010, 08:05 PM
got a small site up and running. im still working on it. has all my pics on it.

www.mattsxboxmods.com

Just been on ya site you have some talent!

laughs
12-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Very cool :cheers:

I'm not into the whole custom thing, but those are pretty freakin neat, I must admit.

If it were me, I'd change the name of your site to "custom360.com" or "customxbox360.com" or something like that... I'd also spend a day or two whoring your site/pics out to every site you can imagine... (but you've probably already done that, I don't know)... There's about a billion other things you could possibly do, but it would take me 3-4 weeks to type it all out. I guess I did learn something from Business school after all :cheers: