PDA

View Full Version : ACB Multiplayer mini guide

Symmetric-XBA
12-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Ok, so maybe not mini lol but after playing up to level 48 here's what I've figured out so far, hopefully these tips will help in your ACB multiplayer!

1) Balance your profile slots - I use 2 for attacking and 3 for defense.
2) Balance your abilities in each profile slot - Starting out you only have one profile slot so make smart choices on what abilities you use. My personal fav. for starting out is diguise and smoke bomb, this way you can fool your opponents and you have a smoke bomb that can be used on defense. As you level up you will get more abilities, perks, etc. and this is where creating a good balance is key.

The profiles that I use all contain the same perks:

Overall cooldown - auto decreases the reload times for all abilities. Example: Take the firecracker ability. Normally a 45 second reload time, now take the rapid reload firecrackers and you drop the time to 35 secs, then shave off more time with the "overall cooldown" perk and you can seemingly run 2 rapid reload firecrackers abilities in a min. This also is a nice feature when you start talking the longer reload times of poison and your gun which are normally 90 seconds.

Blender - when you go into a crowd 1 npc will automatically morph into your type of character, so think of it like a constant mini-morph ability.

The streak and loss sections I use

5 silent kill streak - +750 points
2x score - Lose 5 contracts in a row (this can make a big difference if you do a kill for 100 points, and you are incognito for 300 points, and you kill using poison for an extra 200 points, so that already is 600 base points, then double it and you walk away with 1200 for one kill, this could be a game changer.)

The profile abilities I like to use are:

Profile Name
Profile 1: Assassino - Rapid reload templar vision (help point out the enemies) and poison (big long shot if it works, but when it does the payoff is huge)
Profile 2: Predator - Rapid reload templar vision and hidden gun (you had to see that one coming given the name lol)
Profile 3: Ninja Vanish - Rapid reload disguise and rapid reload smoke bomb
Profile 4: Fooled You - rapid reload morph and rapid reload firecrackers
Profile 5: Truth - mute and rapid reload smoke bomb.

Remember to always keep in mind of your challenges, as completing some of them will actually gain you new abilites such as rapid reload, etc.. Some you will obtain as you level up, but for the most part, get on those challenges if you want all your abilities.

There are some interesting tactics you can use to max out your score and level up very quickly.

Tactic #1:
If you are all alone and you are starting out, using a disguise and smoke bomb can get you a ton of points. If you are on defense, stunning is absolutly critical. If you get a stun you get 200 points, and if a team mate stuns another opponent within a few sec of your stun, then you get a knockout (100 point bonus) which totals your points to 300. Now here's the kicker, you already stunned one guy and he's at your feet, now DO NOT RUN AWAY. I know that habit would be to run for saftey, but hey, no risk, no reward. So as your opponent is getting to his feet, drop your smoke and stun him again (200 points). Then after your 2nd stun, run but not too far, but make sure you run around the corner to cancel the line of sight (but remember where your victim is), then activate your disguise and CALMLY walk around the corner (pref in a group if one is near by and heading towards your victim), and as you approach your target will prob. be running towards you b/c thats the last direction they remember you going. Gently approach as to not draw attention and stun away (another 200 points). So in total you have earned 700 points and you have used all your abilities to cause one massive headache for your attackers. After this last stun, run your @$$ off and try to hide or steer your pursuer into your waiting team mates that have smoke bombs and other fun goodies. This will ensure you don't die, you gain the max amount of points, and you limit your opponent's score which will help ensure your team wins.

Tactic #2:
If you are with a single team mate or more, the points almost become endless. If you can stand in a group of 4, not only will you be gaining the focus and attention of all your opponents to a single space, but if your team takes turns dropping smoke bombs, firecrackers, mute, etc. then everyone can essentially stun an entire team. Just make sure everyone switches up targets after they stun them, and take turns, this will ensure that everyone can stun a target and not only will you get 200 points for the stun, but the knockout (100 point) bonus will rack up quickly making it an easy 700-900 points or more. If you can take the lead after the first round and you play your first round on defense, then you can almost guarantee a win, which is why making sure you get points by stunning like crazy on defense.

Tactic #3:
This is for when you are hunting solo. When approaching a group where your target is located, take your time in your approach, and try to obscure your presence as much as possible by either approaching in a group, or just slow walking. More than likely your prey will drop a smoke bomb, mute, firecracker, etc. to try to not only stun you for points, but to make an escape as well. Here is where the fun comes in. As you slowly approach your target and they drop their defense (smoke or mute), BACK AWAY. Sit on the outside for a couple of seconds (do not be hasty or you will rush into a defense and get stunned). Should your prey drop a firecracker, mash that X button like your life depended on it, and most of the time you will get the kill because they will be moving in to stun you while you're blinded, but that doesn't prevent you from killing them, remember that.

Always be aware of your opponents and if your team mate is chasing someone, try to position yourself to have your opponent run right at you, then be as discreet as you can be as they are running towards you, then hit that X button and watch the points come pouring in. (A sneaky way to do this is to position yourself inside the hallways that have the "chase breaker" doors, as soon as they run through, BAM, instant kill and sometimes you can gain about 800-1000 points.

One last pointer:

Points mean everything in this game, so you have to think ahead of how to gain the most points possible. Lets say you're on defense and you stun someone for 200 points, but get killed and your killer only gets 100 points for the kill. That means that you net a profit of 100 points ahead of your opponents so dying there was ok because you still come out on top.

Running is absolutely fine in ACB multiplayer. In the top right corner you will see a "C" shaped meter next to the pic of your target, this meter will go from incognito, to silent, etc. and this determines your bonuses when you get your kills. There are some good and bad things about this. When you run you shorten the distance very rapidly, but you will notice your visible meter ("C" shaped in the top right corner) drop from incognito, to silent and so on and will decrease the kill bonus you get when you get your target. When you slow down this meter will refill. Here's the double side to this. Incognito kills grant you a 300 point bonus, and silent kills give you a 200 point bonus. You may be thinking "great, if I go for a kill and get 100 points and an incognito bonus of 300, then I'm looking at 400 points", however, this is where you tie all this in with your streak bonuses. If you get 5 "SILENT" kills in a row, then you get a +750 point bonus.

Now here's where the fun begins, and you can see why getting silent kills is always a good thing.

5 incognito kills in a row grants you 2000 points

5 silent kills in a row grants you 1500 - then add on 750 points for a grand total of = 2250 points!

So running towards a target is not really a bad thing, so long as you slow down and recharge your visible meter so you can earn the points. Also PLAN AHEAD. If you notice a lift that your opponent could run to, put yourself between the lift and your opponent which forces them to either go through you or take another path which can leave them vulnerable. Knowing where the chase breaker doors as well can lead to a lot of "SURPRISE" kills where literally out of nowhere you find yourself gutting your running opponent. I personally like waiting right outside them or in the little open areas between some doors and just watch as the opponents dash through as fast as they can, only to run right into a shot of poison or my blade.

Running on defense is a personal fun past time that I like to do in ACB. It not only will draw out your attackers, but if you are smart with your defensive abilities can net you a ton of points. For instance, lets say you have smoke and mute equipped. You can run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and draw out your attackers. As the majority of the time your hunters will travel in groups (if their smart), then when you are "in chase" drop your smoke, and stun away. You will earn 100 points for the escape, 200 for the stun for a total of 300 points. If you find yourself being chased by a group, don't panic, just take things one step at a time and you can single handedly take out 3 opponents. Lets say you're running for your life and you have 3 opponents after you. Drop a mute ability on them (this will prevent your hunters within range from using abilities and killing you), and stun 1 guy, then IMMEDIATELY use long lasting smoke bomb and you can go for the other 2 opponents. The points for all of this are: 200 for the 1st stun, 200 for the 2nd stun, 100 points for the knockout of the 2nd guy, 200 points for the 3rd guy, plus another 100 points for the knockout of the 3rd guy. All of this goodness totals up to 800 points, and you took on 3 attackers by yourself. If you are still alive after the 3rd stun, run like the police were chasing you and wait for your abilities to recharge and then repeat the process.

Hope this helps you work in the dark to serve the light! See you online Assassino!

Variation-XBA
12-22-2010, 11:55 AM
I HATE runners -_-