PDA

View Full Version : Important test for Microsoft is upon us!

SmileBit
03-13-2002, 10:23 PM
X Box launch in Europe is about to happen. Some stores are opening at midnight which is a good sign but we will see. This is very important for MS. Successful in America and it bombed in Japan. Europe is going to pull it either way.

Good luck!

wweomaniac
03-13-2002, 10:26 PM
Go Europe!!! Don't worry, you'll enjoy this system. When you purchase one.... you'll be so amazed that itll make other inventions like the "wheel" or "electricity" look stupid. Well maybe not, but I know that there are some Europeans viewing this site and I urge you all to speak about this console... and help it gain publicity!!!

SmileBit
03-13-2002, 10:39 PM
I have an X Box and it is very good. But in the long run I beleave Gamecube is a much better purchase. Half price in Europe too!

thunderkiss2k1
03-13-2002, 10:40 PM
For your information, Smilebit, the xbox DID NOT bomb in japan. They sold HALF of their initial shipment of 250,000 units in THREE days time. FANBOY.

DIGITAL
03-13-2002, 11:54 PM
it sold more units in its first 3 days then gamecube did in its first week

GokuX
03-14-2002, 12:23 AM
What's the point here? I'm missing it.

Halo of Flies
03-14-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by SmileBit
I have an X Box and it is very good. But in the long run I beleave Gamecube is a much better purchase. Half price in Europe too!
Here in the UK the price of gamecube has gone up. XBox is £300 (getting mine in 37 minutes!) and the gamecube price was originally quoted at £150 but a lot of retailers were apparently complaining that there wasn't going to be enough mark-up so I think it's going to be £170.
Still quite a difference but I haven't even cinsidered pre-ordering a GC...

DenniZz81
03-14-2002, 05:21 AM
i am a european and im going to buy one soon :p

gula
03-14-2002, 07:09 AM
X Box launch in Europe is about to happen. Some stores are opening at midnight which is a good sign but we will see. This is very important for MS. Successful in America and it bombed in Japan. Europe is going to pull it either way.

Good luck!

Oh great, if XBox sales arent good in Europe then he will do the same thing he did for the sales in Japan. (WOULDN'T SHUT UP)

But as the responce so far, it seems like its going pretty well there.

So SmileBit, I've had enough of you. :rolleyes:

linkycat
03-14-2002, 10:34 AM
You guys are payin 300 pounds for a box?

Whoa nelly! What 300 euro bucks is like 264 USD or something? Why do they get it cheaper!?! :)

Love my crazy friends over in London.. but US got the rake this time. Oh well I guess that's the price we pay for having the box 5 months or whatever.

linkycat
03-14-2002, 10:35 AM
Unless. oh begats... unless that was 300 Britain pounds... then you guys are payin like 426 USD... that sucks.

I mean, go Xbox! Whoo!

XBOX Dude
03-14-2002, 10:48 AM
xbox didn't bomb in japan despite what you THINK smilebit and xbox is going to kickass in europe, it not like xbox is going to just go away like dreamcast becasue sega was nearly broke when they made it and we've got microsft backing it up.

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 11:37 AM

Oh!! NEAT! How SUPER DUPER! What a Keen idea!! :rolleyes:

Hell will freeze over before I play another Mario or Luigi game. I mean, Nintendo milks Mario and Luigi worse than any other system attempts to milk their flagship characters. I know I have said this before, but, I hardly doubt we will see Microsoft make a series like:

Halo
Super Halo
Super Smash Halo Melee
Super Halo 64
HaloKart
Halo Golf
Halo Tennis
Paper Halo
Halo's Mansion

:rolleyes:

mahalan
03-14-2002, 11:41 AM
ROFLMAO!!!

You're absolutely right, Maximus. But your reference to Nintendo milking Luigi and Mario is a little disgusting (an adult game for the lavender paperweight?).

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 11:48 AM
hehe...Lavender paperweight :D Nice! I also like to call the LameCube "Barbie's Easy Bake Oven" :D

DIGITAL
03-14-2002, 12:22 PM
lol easy bake oven thats too funny it really does look like one,thanks for pointing that out!