PDA

View Full Version : Gamers, BE HONEST. Who else is intimidated by Heroic & Legendary on Halo?!

XboXtremist
03-13-2002, 10:44 PM
Cuz I sure am. I swear, the jumps in difficulty is so drastic each difficulty. The # of enemies, their AI intelligence, their resilliance to firepower, their accuracy.... it all just shoots upward. I find even Normal difficulty (which I am currently on... just got my Xbox this Monday) to be a full challenge.

Any sympathy here??? I can't be the only Halo owner who hasn't beat it on Heroic or Legendary.

dougi3000
03-13-2002, 11:00 PM
yeah. it is tough.
I died many many times on Heroic. I didnt finish Heroic yet.

Here is a tip, try to confront only one guy at a time. Get the plasma pistol, and charge it up, shoot the guy once with the plasma burst to rid his shields, then rapidly shoot him 5 times to kill it. Shooting them like crazy is a waste of bullets since they run away and their shields recharge quickly.

Highlite23
03-13-2002, 11:34 PM
Still plugging theough Heroic, don't even want to think about Legendary:eek:

Spike Minoda
03-13-2002, 11:49 PM
james(the guy from my sig) and I have one man hide from the covenant while the other does a suicide run. when the kamikaze dies, he respawns to safety and the other guy goes. we beat halo and truth and reconciliation that way. but god**** it was hard. he beat 343 GS and The library on legendary with one person, not co-op...:eek:

GokuX
03-14-2002, 12:45 AM
I think they just blew the lid off AI over their at Bungie. If we had more games using AI like that, the gaming world would be a much better place. I've had many people tell me that Normal is very difficult when U play by yourself. I thought Heroic was really hard, possibly the hardest thing I'd played in a while. A buddy and I played through the entire game on Co-op and it probably took us a good 17 hours if I can remember correctly. But every minute was truly enjoyable because of the AI. That one battle for the bikes against a sqaud of Covenant and that mortar tank was incredible and I'm being completely honest here and not blowing it out of proportion to give HALO more good press. I was truly astonished. We both were because we've never played a game like that before where it actually took some strategy and thought to fight AI. I can't imagine how hard Legendary is, if U have beaten it on that then I salute U.

KevinM
03-14-2002, 01:21 AM
I've beaten Halo on normal and legendary all the way through. :D I skipped Heroic when I found out the ending was different for Legendary.. Now if Chris will get the **** pics off of his digital camera of the ending I might get some points from OXM!!! :rolleyes: The trick is of course.. take your time! Rushing will get you killed fer sure.

Exatox
03-14-2002, 06:35 AM
I was certainly not intimidated (I have beaten the WHOLE game now) but legendary was definately difficult.

crazyotto
03-14-2002, 07:22 AM
after you play Halo to much, all you can do is set it on legendary or you will walk through it within hours. Fun fun fun.

JJaX
03-14-2002, 07:39 AM
I beat it on Legendary before most people beat it on Normal. Legendary just requires planning and skillz.

Hugh_Jass
03-14-2002, 08:37 AM
I can't even play HALO in EASY mode. :)

shererboat
03-14-2002, 08:38 AM
i didnt see much difference between normal and heroic.........legendary was a bit tougher, but not impossible.....just dont rush into everything thinking ur rambo (coz ur not!!)

JADE8704
03-14-2002, 09:35 AM
i think the reason why i beat it on halo on legendary without any problems is because i beat it on heroic my first time, so i didn't expect too much of a difference between the two...i have to say that heroic/legendary take more planning and thinking than easy or normal...on easy i can just go up to the aliens and melee attack them(which is really fun:D ), but on legendary, i had to strategize and think about what weapon was better for each enemy, and also i had to think about not wasting my granades so easily(and where to throw them)...so i guess what im trying to say is that legendary takes time to beat, and takes practice

Mopline
03-14-2002, 09:42 AM
Yea I beat it on leg. It actually isnt that hard, just have on guy stay back and the other guy charge. On the last lvl dont wait 4 the drop ship just drive it'll give you a extra .2 km with no time taken off. The AI shined On leg. and I could feel the bullets whizzing past my head. Leg. takes you directly into the game. With the AI you can sometimes forget that halo's a game.

JJaX
03-14-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Mopline
Yea I beat it on leg. It actually isnt that hard, just have on guy stay back and the other guy charge. On the last lvl dont wait 4 the drop ship just drive it'll give you a extra .2 km with no time taken off. The AI shined On leg. and I could feel the bullets whizzing past my head. Leg. takes you directly into the game. With the AI you can sometimes forget that halo's a game.

I think thats really lame, To go through Legendary on Co-op by yourself so you ahve unlimited lives. Thats like playing a game being invincable. Cheap cheap and cheap.......

You get no respect ;)

linkycat
03-14-2002, 10:17 AM
I played it on Normal for a spell, and just wanted to boost my skills. The best way to learn any first person shooter is to get your arse kicked so many times you have to adapt.

So now I've beat it on Legendary 3 times, but I'm still no awesome player. I go on the network with Halo and still die... so it isn't like legendary mode is some awe inspiring, after this... THere is no spoon, sort of mode. It's just a good challenge and a good way to hone those skills.

It's much harder to sit back and take it easy on multiplayer than it is in the game. With patience, Legendary will come. And you will get to see the Human/Alien embrace in all it's glory and splendor.

shererboat
03-14-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

I think thats really lame, To go through Legendary on Co-op by yourself so you ahve unlimited lives. Thats like playing a game being invincable. Cheap cheap and cheap.......

You get no respect ;)

ouch, shunned by the halo god himself:mad:

BwaHaHaHaaHa!!!

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 12:39 PM
I beat it on Legendary, and yes, it definately takes more planning than on Normal. The Melee attack has to be much more precise on Legendary. It's nice to use the rapid plasma gun while running up to the Covenant with a nice swift smack with your fist. Works every time once you get the hang of it. It works exceptionally well with the dudes that have the shields...and never forget that you have grenades, too! Just toss them in the general direction of the covenant...they'll feel the pain :)

Sniping, of course, is extremely effective...always aim for the head as it will take them down much quicker and you use less ammo. The Shotgun is key, too...but, never under-estimate the power of the pistol...it works wonders :)

Even the machine gun works good for close to medium distance combat. Don't think about shooting a machine gun at far range...it's just a waste of bullets. Halo is utterly brilliant!!

Also, you can gain a lot of skill during the Campaign mode if you play multi-player...you can learn a lot very quickly that way! Just get on Gamespy and you'll see what I'm talking about! :)

Spaztic
03-14-2002, 12:52 PM
So now I've beat it on Legendary 3 times, but I'm still no awesome player. I go on the network with Halo and still die... so it isn't like legendary mode is some awe inspiring, after this... THere is no spoon, sort of mode. It's just a good challenge and a good way to hone those skills.

I don't know about you but I find the legendary mode much harder then the people I have encountered online! Personally people that I have played are online offer little challange? what do some people think!

shererboat
03-14-2002, 12:57 PM
i think thats two totally different types of game play....

on legendary campaign, theres alot of planning involved, and sometimes alot of guerilla tactics.......hit and runs and taking ur time moving thru the field.....

in multiplayer, u cant bail out of combat coz ur opponent is gonna follow u wherever....tehy wont follow and stop at a checkpoint.....

i think both game modes are fun and challenging, but only challenging if u face good opponents on multiplayer....:)

Xtopia
03-14-2002, 01:26 PM
I got about half-way through Halo on Legendary (yes jjax, by myself) and then got on gamespy. After I went back and played halo on legendary, it became a lot eaiser. Gamespy definitely improved my skilz!:D

DZNUTZ
03-14-2002, 01:59 PM
i beat normal...but like others have just moved to legendary and skipped heroic......its hard ( for now) but i wouldn't want it any other way...now just to get broadband so i can stomp a mud hole in ya'll Arses.