PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Weapon in Black Ops?

Eagle Styph
12-28-2010, 07:05 PM
My favorite go to weapon is the AUG HBAR with the Reflex Sight.
Secondary weapon is either the Ballistic knife, or the Strata - 3 for taking out chopper gunners.

Whats yours?

-ES

Enamelized420
12-28-2010, 09:28 PM
I think the one I se the most would be the Commando w. the red dot sight. Then the M72 LAW for my secondary.

scozzard
12-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I go for the commando with the red dot sight attachment, secondary is the CZ75 with the fully automatic attachment (or sometimes the china lake if there are camper rooms to tend to).

Variation-XBA
12-29-2010, 01:14 AM
M60 all the way!

Enamelized420
12-29-2010, 07:47 AM
M60 all the way!
spray and pray huh Var??? lol lol ;)

HaZarD SFD
12-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Commando (Reflex Supressor) Warlord, Ninja, and Scavenger. Secondary I use the Makarov Unsupressed.

Claymore is FTW.

itsdrewbruv
12-29-2010, 08:01 PM
I love the famas with silencer it's the best so far! For me anyways :)

Eagle Styph
12-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Ive been hearing from the Live community that the G11 is the far better assault rifle, and is far more superior than any gun out there. It is the last Assult Rifle you can get, but you must buy all other assault rifles to declassify it.

In my opinion, the gun has an atrocious look and design, but it would be interesting to hear what others of you have to put in.

-ES

Variation-XBA
12-29-2010, 10:14 PM
spray and pray huh Var??? lol lol ;)

I just like me lots of bullets and a powerful gun ;)

Steeps5
12-30-2010, 12:55 AM
My favorite go to weapon is the AUG HBAR with the Reflex Sight.

-ES

Agreed!! =)

But my biggest favorite is the AK47 extended mags, I gotta use a new first perk since that update ruined hardline pro, my others are sleight of hand pro and second chance pro lol. My secondary, hmmm........ gotta think what I use, I think the full auto CZ75 or the strela. Claymore, frag, and flash. Oh and red camo, it's sexy on every gun ;)

I ROCK with that thing!!

mattgame
12-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Any submachine gun the rest suck arse!

Eagle Styph
12-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Commando (Reflex Supressor) Warlord, Ninja, and Scavenger. Secondary I use the Makarov Unsupressed.

Claymore is FTW.

If you have enough money (5,000) buy a motion Sensor. They are better than the claymore.

-ES

Eagle Styph
12-30-2010, 08:58 PM
UPDATE:

My new favorite is Commando with ACOG sight.

-ES

Helidriver
01-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Suppressed M16 with ACOG crossbow secondary.

mattgame
01-05-2011, 07:08 PM

Oh yeah the crossbow is lovely!

Professor Kaos
01-06-2011, 03:10 PM
My favorite is the Galil with a green "circle with outer lines" red dot, secondary is the strela. As far as perks go I use slight of hand, ghost, and marathon. I also like the Ak74U in the same fashion as my Galil.

cesarone102
01-10-2011, 07:32 PM
I like commando supressor, secondary is usually like any pistol, perks are hardline, sleight of hand and marathon ;)

Whisper
01-11-2011, 10:27 AM
The G11 made me a better player.. it is such an unbalanced gun. I went from averaging 10 kills in deathmatch / 20 in domination to 20/40.

I did go back to the AK47, because I like the option to just lay on the trigger when there are guys a few feet infront of me. (G11 is burst fire)

AK47 w/ RDS and Extended Clip on Deathmatch games.

AK47 w/ Grenade Launcher on Domination games.

Reclaimer
01-23-2011, 07:47 AM
I just started playing the game so I'm only level 26 so far.
I tend to like the Famas or the Galil for assault rifles.
Still trying to decided between the M60 or the Stoner in the heavy machine guns.

But beyond that, they all have tiger stripes, red dot sight / 2 green arrows, extended mag.
Lightweight / Warlord / Last Stand Pro
Semtex / Flash Bang / Claymore
LAW rocket

Still sort of tweaking things at the moment. I play a lot of Domination or Hardcore TDM.
I've had the game about a week now.

MrManwelo
01-23-2011, 10:49 AM
ak74 nooob is me :)

angeezy
01-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Galil and M16.
AK47u for the SMG.

Team UMP45 all day everyday though.

Helidriver
01-23-2011, 09:31 PM

Changed my mind. I switched to the M14 / ACOG after seeing Black Hawk Down and it works great. Then I switched to FAL / ACOG and it works even better! If you haven't tried it, give it a go.

Steeps5
01-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Changed my mind. I switched to the M14 / ACOG after seeing Black Hawk Down and it works great. Then I switched to FAL / ACOG and it works even better! If you haven't tried it, give it a go.

Meh, I haven't liked semi-auto weapons since the G3 in CoD4.

Vampero
01-24-2011, 03:07 AM
G-11 ...I love that gun!!

Eagle Styph
01-25-2011, 07:49 PM
G-11 ...I love that gun!!

No offense but in my opinion, the most over powered gun in the game.

Reclaimer
01-27-2011, 09:18 AM
OK, so I made it to level 38. A lot has changed.

I love the FN-FAL and the AK-47, both with Red Dot sights in the "Predator 3-dot" configuration.
Which gun I'll use depends on the size of the map and the game type.
I also like the Stoner LMG and the SPAS-12 Suppressed, but at this point I rarely use them anymore in favor of the first 2.

No more law rockets, I use that guided rocket launcher.. stella or whatever.. or the CZ75 side arm.

Perks are now Lightweight Pro, Sleight of Hand and Marathon.
Sometimes Warlord Pro, depends on what I'm feeling.
Basically for classes I now have:
1. FNFAL, Rocket Launcher, Lightweight Pro, Sleight of Hand, Marathon
2. FNFAL, CZ75, Lightweight Pro, Warlord Pro, Marathon
3. AK47, Rocket Launcher, Lightweight Pro, Sleight of Hand, Marathon
4. Stoner, CZ75, Lightweight Pro, Warlord Pro, Marathon

Trying to build a few bucks to put the grenade launcher under my rifles.. never considered it till now.

I used to love that little AKU Smg for small maps like Nuketown and Firing Range.. right until I earned and got the AK47.

mattgame
01-27-2011, 06:56 PM
OK, so I made it to level 38. A lot has changed.

I love the FN-FAL and the AK-47, both with Red Dot sights in the "Predator 3-dot" configuration.
Which gun I'll use depends on the size of the map and the game type.
I also like the Stoner LMG and the SPAS-12 Suppressed, but at this point I rarely use them anymore in favor of the first 2.

No more law rockets, I use that guided rocket launcher.. stella or whatever.. or the CZ75 side arm.

Perks are now Lightweight Pro, Sleight of Hand and Marathon.
Sometimes Warlord Pro, depends on what I'm feeling.
Basically for classes I now have:
1. FNFAL, Rocket Launcher, Lightweight Pro, Sleight of Hand, Marathon
2. FNFAL, CZ75, Lightweight Pro, Warlord Pro, Marathon
3. AK47, Rocket Launcher, Lightweight Pro, Sleight of Hand, Marathon
4. Stoner, CZ75, Lightweight Pro, Warlord Pro, Marathon

Trying to build a few bucks to put the grenade launcher under my rifles.. never considered it till now.

I used to love that little AKU Smg for small maps like Nuketown and Firing Range.. right until I earned and got the AK47.

I'm afraid of you.

Reclaimer
01-28-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm afraid of you.

Don't be, I'm still the nice SOB I used to be.

Everything is about to change again in the next few games. Except my love for the FNFAL.

A friend told me to put a suppressor on the AK-47 and it eliminates barrel drift. Forget the distance decrease, leave snipers for counter snipers.
Forget warlord. Forget extended mags because dual mags will give you tons more ammo than extended mags.

Since I seem to be a walking magnet for XDRC's, claymores and grenades, I'm going to lose my lightweight perk for the flackjacket perk. He noticed that when playing with me.

Take the FNFAL and AK47, Flack Jacket, sleight of hand, marathon, red dot sight, dual mags. Make one slot with a rocket, another with the CZ75.

Be done and get on with it.

Steeps5
01-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Don't be, I'm still the nice SOB I used to be.

Everything is about to change again in the next few games. Except my love for the FNFAL.

A friend told me to put a suppressor on the AK-47 and it eliminates barrel drift. Forget the distance decrease, leave snipers for counter snipers.
Forget warlord. Forget extended mags because dual mags will give you tons more ammo than extended mags.

Since I seem to be a walking magnet for XDRC's, claymores and grenades, I'm going to lose my lightweight perk for the flackjacket perk. He noticed that when playing with me.

Take the FNFAL and AK47, Flack Jacket, sleight of hand, marathon, red dot sight, dual mags. Make one slot with a rocket, another with the CZ75.

Be done and get on with it.

I think I'll try that sometime.

Reclaimer
02-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Damn I love that Flak Jacket Pro perk. As long as you're healthy and not recovering from an injury you can survive a frag grenade explosion, direct contact with an enemy XDRC and so on. You still get hurt and a stray bullet will kill you afterwards but it feels good to know somebody wasted an RC on you and it didn't kill you.
Valkyrie missiles won't harm you either or the mortar team strikes.

The Pro side allows you to live through flame throwers and napalm strikes.

The bad side is the slightest injury will offset the perk and you'll die. Or taking a minor injury during or right afterwards will kill you too.
But it evens the odds and I die fewer stupid deaths now.

Flak Jacket Pro, Sleight of Hand Pro, Hacker. I think that's a good combo.
I don't like the commando M4 rifle. Still like the AK45 with a silencer.
I stopped using warlord. The sites on the AK and most of the upper range weapons are good enough without using accessory sites. The exception is the Commando M4. Even though in real life it's just a shortened and upgraded M-16, the game gives it a very strange and misleading front site. The ghost ring rear site is inaccurate as well. But I hate that gun in the game.

Use the Galil, the Famas or the AK and all is well.

The Hacker perk is keeping me from stupid and needless deaths too. I'm just about done upgrading it to Pro. I need to build up my claymore or C4 kills. That means playing a ton of Demolition games because people run up to the bomb site without checking it like clockwork.

I'm up to level 47 right now. I was late to get the game, just recently got it so I have some catching up to do considering pretty much everyone I run across online has Prestiged over a few times.

Eagle Styph
02-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Been really digging the AK47 with Dual Mags and Sleight of Hand, works great when you need to reload during a gun fight.

prahl26
02-06-2011, 04:36 PM
The FAMAS was my favorite when I first started. My new favorite is the FN FAL with the acog scope. Its great for the mid to long range maps. I like the power and accuracy without having to use a sniper rifle. The AK74 with rapid fire and silencer is what I use for smaller maps, its my go to gun. I usually use Ghost, Warlord/slight of hand and marathon perks. I play a lot of demolition and domination, so I like to use the tactical insertion.

SemperFi1979
03-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm a real fan of the Famas with the read dot site. :hump:

egg
03-11-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm a real fan of the Famas with the read dot site. :hump:

Me to. Just wanted to post. Was about six years since been here. Pretty dead

FPSMadPaul
03-14-2011, 07:29 AM
my favorite go to weapon is the aug hbar with the reflex sight.
Secondary weapon is either the ballistic knife, or the strata - 3 for taking out chopper gunners.

Whats yours?

-es
ak-74 ftw

KAOS FF Zack
03-19-2011, 10:38 AM
So many likes... The guns at the top of my fav list: Commando, FN-FAL, Galil, M-16, AK74u, Famas. I think it really depends on the skill of the shooter too though. Any gun can be deadly. :)

Perks are the same way, each can compliment your playing style. I have a few I use. For my sneek-n-peek class I generally use Ghost Pro, Warlord Pro, and Hacker Pro. I love not being seen by enemy radar and the aircrafts. I love the red dot, but I also want to run the silencer on that class. And who can resist sneaking into the enemy side and just hacking all their SAM turrets, Sentry guns, claymores, Jammers, etc. I laugh every time I hack one. Especially when I hack a SAM turret and it shoots down their spy planes and helos. Awesome.

Extras are pretty standard, either Frag or Semtex (I have them split evenly in my classes), although I'm using Frags more and more these days. Also generally run flash bangs/concussions and a claymore. I never run with the Jammer or Motion Sensor because I always run hardcore. If there's no Spy Plane up, it's worthless. I try not to rely on my radar though. If I'm careful enough, and my senses are where they should be (enough coffee!) I'm good to go.

I love how there's an almost endless configuration match up. I'm always tweaking (does that make me a tweaker? :) ).

As for the question at hand, I don't like the G11. It's too large and clunky for me. Unless I run with my Sleight of Hand Pro perk, I never use it. But I do have it in one of my classes. Very powerful gun. :)

Steeps5
03-19-2011, 03:02 PM
I just played the other day (first time in forever) and I must say, I love the M14. Two shot kills all day long.

mattgame
04-08-2011, 03:38 PM
I shelced mine but I just may play some hardcore tonight. Hit me up!

Holt888
04-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Dual subs. I suck badly at using the ar's, I do good running around with dual subs.

Epic
04-23-2011, 12:12 PM
For me it's the M16 Red Dot with Ninja... I love it because I have turtle beach too so I can sniff out opposition. :)

MrCodKing1992
04-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Well my top 3 favorite weapons is:

1. Primary - AK74U w/red dot sight
Secondary - Ballistic Knife
Perk 1 - Hardline Pro for care packages ;)
Perk 2 - Seight of hand pro for faster reloads and aiming down sights :)
Perk 3 - Hacker pro to destroy care packages and hack equipment :D
Lethal - Tomahawk
Special - Flashbang

2. Primary - Commando w/reflex sight
Secondary - Sterrla 3
Perk 1 - Ghost pro
Perk 2 - Steady aim pro
Perk 3 - Marathon pro
Lethal - Tomahawk
Special - Nova gas

3. Primary - AK74U w/reflex sight and grip
Secondary - Sterrla 3