PDA

View Full Version : Will the PS3 out-do the Xbox?

crazyotto
03-14-2002, 09:01 AM
I am alone here with my xbox, everyone around me has a PS2 and all they keep tellin me PS3 will blow away xbox. Is the PS3 coming any time soon, and can I still make fun of the PS2 Xbox wantin fools?

mahalan
03-14-2002, 09:04 AM
The PS3 will most certainly be better than the Xbox. Not even Sony is stupid enough to release a console that's inferior to its competitors existing product. When it's released THREE AND A HALF YEARS from now, your PS2 buddies will certainly have something to crow about. Until then, you've got the best console on the planet.

JADE8704
03-14-2002, 09:27 AM
well said, mahalan:cool:

DIGITAL
03-14-2002, 10:33 AM
my friends say the same that there gonna stick with there ps2 until ps3 comes out ,but they all think its coming out in a year but i keep telling them its not coming out into 2005 at least,i might get one 2 there supposed to be using cells,really intersting technolgy,but for the next 3 years ill be showing off my xbox

Hugh_Jass
03-14-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by mahalan
The PS3 will most certainly be better than the Xbox. Not even Sony is stupid enough to release a console that's inferior to its competitors existing product.

Nintendo was... :D

Ninja Scroll
03-14-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

LOL, their you go Hugh Jass!:D If Nintendo was dumb enough, most certaintly Phoney is too!... er.. i mean Sony! hehehe!

PS3,.. um **cough* move to*cough**debate forums**cough**!!:D

mahalan
03-14-2002, 01:01 PM
I thought the Lamecube/Barbie Easybake/Lavender Paperweight was released in Japan before the Xbox was released in the US. This would make it a predecessor (or more realistically a contemporary for practical purposes) of the Xbox.

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 01:09 PM
The interesting thing is, by the time Sony makes the PoS3, the folks over at Microsoft will have come up with something that will blow it out of the water. Just wait and see....we all know how Microsoft plays :D One thing is for sure, if Microsoft goes into something, they don't do it half assed. ;)

Also, keep in mind that we have yet to see the 2nd generation XBox games and technology! It's going to be sweet! For example, Halo only uses about 45% of XBox's capabilities and look how that game hit the gaming market by storm!!!

Ninja Scroll
03-14-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
The interesting thing is, by the time Sony makes the PoS3, the folks over at Microsoft will have come up with something that will blow it out of the water. Just wait and see....we all know how Microsoft plays :D One thing is for sure, if Microsoft goes into something, they don't do it half assed. ;)

I was just about to say dat waxy jr.! But you got it right junior.
Most console fans dont know how Microsoft plays da game.

Now Sony will know how my dawgs Sega feel:D . It's payback time. Now Sony must pay da price of being the company that ships the newest system and then the next guy (Microsoft) will come out with a PS3, PS4, ect... killer console to cream their specs easily!:cool:

Sony's reign of terror is coming to an end soon.

:) bye, bye Phoney,..er Sony!

mahalan
03-14-2002, 01:21 PM
True.

What's interesting is that they've only been making a *concerted* effort towards the Xbox on the software side for a little over two years now. I know one of their software consultants who's worked on some of the projects. Its amazing how quickly they became dominant after focusing on the market.

Zen
03-14-2002, 01:22 PM
Hey max... whered you hear the 45% thing??

gimme a link to brandish all the people on the other forums with who love their Ps2's >:]

thanx

Dre
03-14-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

3 days is to short a time to change a console :)

homer
03-14-2002, 02:34 PM
what im hopeing ole' microsoft will do is just make some sort of kickass upgrade for like $150 instead of buying a new console since the xbox is basically a computer anyway it seems like it wouldnt be too hard...then they would have sony dead in the water...then again mircrosoft, and every other company, bows to the almighty $$$ and might not want to lose the profit theyd make from making a new sys... plus theres nothin like opening a brand new sys for the first time:)

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by homer
what im hopeing ole' microsoft will do is just make some sort of kickass upgrade for like $150 instead of buying a new console since the xbox is basically a computer anyway it seems like it wouldnt be too hard...then they would have sony dead in the water...then again mircrosoft, and every other company, bows to the almighty $$$ and might not want to lose the profit theyd make from making a new sys... plus theres nothin like opening a brand new sys for the first time:)

Actually, you make a nice point, but, keep in mind that Microsoft actually is losing money by the sale of the XBox console. They make up their money, however, in the sales of games. So, that wouldn't be a bad idea...hopefully it is an option for Microsoft to do :)

Dre
03-14-2002, 02:45 PM
I don't know if you guys have opened up your Xbox's like I have..

The only thing that could possibly be upgraded would be hard drive and dvd. Not much in terms of performance increase. It would technically be possible for a very skilled sauderer to add another ram module to the board as well (the development xboxs have 128megs thats why there's room). Apart from that, maybe overclocking could work but that would be kind of silly because overclocking would have to be on the box's clock and not its processors. What does this mean? Everything would run faster.. so that means your games would be working in another time zone where 1 sec would now only be 1/2..1/4 sec...

The only place that would be neat is racing games... hehehe.. Imagine PGR at warp speed... drool...

So an upgrade is definitely not an option by Microsoft IMHO

Crazy Joe
03-14-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by homer

sounds mighty familiar, like Sega 32X, and we all know how that turned out.

aumanyo
03-14-2002, 06:52 PM
I believe the average console life expectancy is somewhere around 5 years, so PS3 won't be out for a few yet, don't sweat it. Xbox should be able to hold its ground.

kornavs19
03-14-2002, 07:31 PM
:) The funny thing is.. It takes three sony consoles to JUST beat the first X-Box. So when X-Box 2 comes out then it will take like a PS 5 to b better.. bwahahahaha... Sucks to be Sony.. :)

Personally i think the purple and blue writing for the PS2 is very nice. u know???? more feminine.. haha j/p....