PDA

View Full Version : Halo CE

Symmetric-XBA
02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
It's official, this nov. halo ce will re-launch!

Ainokeatoo
02-04-2011, 03:55 PM
It's a Halo CE Remake right? Not just the same old xbox disc with fancy new package? If so, THEN I TOLD ALL OF YOU, hopefully they'll put in a multiplayer, not expecting it but it would be nice.

Ainokeatoo
02-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul. Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations.

The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.

The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).

The game is expected to re-evolve on November 15, 2011, ten years after Halo: Combat Evolved launched alongside the Xbox. Our sources didn't know of any plans to similarly upgrade the recently disconnected Halo 2, but it's hard to imagine Microsoft playing favorites with its biggest franchise.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo-combat-evolved-hd/

Here's the article, AWESOME.

Variation-XBA
02-04-2011, 04:53 PM
My pants are getting tighter by the minute!

MoonTar
02-05-2011, 12:31 AM
The re-make better be spot on, otherwise people will be disappointed.

Vampero
02-05-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm hearing you can use the Kinect for it!!

Unreal
02-06-2011, 10:25 AM
It's a Halo CE Remake right? Not just the same old xbox disc with fancy new package? If so, THEN I TOLD ALL OF YOU, hopefully they'll put in a multiplayer, not expecting it but it would be nice.
As long as the multi is online co-op. If its just regular multi then why would people move to it when Reach is out now. :confused:

Ainokeatoo
02-06-2011, 11:55 AM
As long as the multi is online co-op. If its just regular multi then why would people move to it when Reach is out now. :confused:

No one needs to 'move' to it, but it is a Halo game, it wouldn't make much sense for it not to, Halo CE didn't have online multiplayer because Live wasn't even around yet.

SamSmith
02-06-2011, 12:31 PM
my pants are getting tighter by the minute!

this is great news

Unreal
02-06-2011, 01:10 PM
No one needs to 'move' to it, but it is a Halo game, it wouldn't make much sense for it not to, Halo CE didn't have online multiplayer because Live wasn't even around yet.
I guess time will tell then.

Fargoth
02-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Did George Lucas create Halo too?

l Maximus l
02-09-2011, 12:00 AM
This definitely peeks my interest...I may have to get back to playing games again...it's been way too long...