PDA

View Full Version : Japanese disaster relief auctions

SpaceGhost2K
03-18-2011, 04:07 PM
JAPANESE DISASTER RELIEF AUCTIONS (http://www.kinecticon.com/2011/03/18/charity-auctions-for-japanese-disaster-relief/)

I've listed the Japanese faceplates, along with a Gears of War 3 Beta Testers bundle and a Halo bundle, with 100% of the proceeds going to the American Red Cross. Please help, and please pass this information along if you have sites, blogs, etc.

Also, if you choose to auction anything with a charitable destination, feel free to post the link to the auction here in this thread.

oddjob428
03-20-2011, 08:52 AM
I went to I-tunes and donated to the Red Cross. They are saying donations are down compared to other recent disasters. Very good gesture to have the auction.

Steeps5
03-20-2011, 03:16 PM
I went to I-tunes and donated to the Red Cross. They are saying donations are down compared to other recent disasters. Very good gesture to have the auction.

I think it's because Japan is a major country that is fairly self-sufficient and can handle such a disaster, compared to say, Haiti.

Fargoth
03-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I think it's because Japan is a major country that is fairly self-sufficient and can handle such a disaster, compared to say, Haiti.

Well the thing is normally in these disaster situations Japan is the first one to rush to aid and send money. So it's only fair to repay them.

Ainokeatoo
03-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Japan doesn't need nearly as much help from the rest of the world, like the past disaster affected countries. Though, they are in trouble and if I had money to give I'd be the first out there, I do hope they return to normal soon.