PDA

View Full Version : Whats Unreal Championship???

gtaplayer
03-14-2002, 01:26 PM
hey i heard alot of talk on Unreal Championship...what the hell is it?????? lots of people say how good it is...i want in to some1 give me like a summary on it?!?!:eek:

shererboat
03-14-2002, 01:52 PM
its another FPS game,kinda like halo, but in my opinion, alot faster paced.......

unreal tournament was big on the PC, i hope thats the deal with championship and the xbox!!!!

gtaplayer
03-14-2002, 02:01 PM
oh well im not a big fan on fps on console systems unless they come w/ mouse and keyboard...but still be kinda weird...thanx though...i like ur siggy...u play counterstrike? now thats a great fps game for pc

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 02:08 PM
Unreal Championship is going to be HUGE!!! You can play up to 32 people all at once and will be Microsot's flagship game when they launch their on-line forum this summer!

It's an First Person Shooter that has 25 different playable characters on huge worlds and so on. I would expect this game to have a "campaign mode" as well, similar to Halo. The worlds look HUGE and are very different from one another. This is my most highly anticipated game coming out...just a hair before my anticipation for Brute Force! :D

Brevity
03-14-2002, 02:10 PM
PlanetXbox (http://www.planetxbox.com/features/firstlooks/unrealchampionship/) :) It will rock!

DZNUTZ
03-14-2002, 02:21 PM
my friend worked at infrograms....he hooked me up with a free copy for ps2....it was pretty tight....i'm calling him right now to see if he still has any aquaintances that still work their that might be able to hook me up.

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
PlanetXbox (http://www.planetxbox.com/features/firstlooks/unrealchampionship/) :) It will rock!

Dude...I just urinated my pants while reading that! THIS GAME IS GOING TO SERIOUSLY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

03-14-2002, 03:10 PM
Is it coming out this year? This summer?:p

JJaX
03-14-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
my friend worked at infrograms....he hooked me up with a free copy for ps2....it was pretty tight....i'm calling him right now to see if he still has any aquaintances that still work their that might be able to hook me up.

Riggggghhhtt..........
That why its an xbox exclusive buddy.

I think your thinking Unreal tournament

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 03:32 PM
After reading that article (thanks Brevity! U DA MAN!), I noticed that there is not a campaign mode. Instead, they have bots that you fight against...and get this!! >> When you improve in your game, the bots improve! Also, you gain extra skills depending on how well you play! This game is really going to give Halo's multi-player a serious run for it's money!

Also, while playing single or team player frag fests against bots, the more play, and the more you discover additional weapons, and the more you improve, you can utilized those weapons in multi-player on-line combat!! Oh man! This is HUGE!!!!

Also, it's going to be different than Halo in that you won't find weapons re-appearing in a single match after someone has picked it up. This key, too...they used an analogy kind of like a pit stop crew in a Nascar race...whenever you need more ammo, you can only receive what is available or left over! So, this game is really going to provide a lot of strategizing!

I'm foaming at the mouth!! :D

Batman2372
03-14-2002, 03:36 PM
This game has the potential of knocking Halo off it's pedestal of being the Best Game for Xbox.

In regards to the m/k bias: I, too, come from the PC school of FPS, and was completely comfortable with my mouse and keyboard. However, Halo has taught me that it is possible to do the same with a console controller. Give it a shot, and you'll see that it can work.

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Batman2372
This game has the potential of knocking Halo off it's pedestal of being the Best Game for Halo.

One thing I noticed that seperated Halo from the crowd of FPS games was the ability to get into multi-passenger vehicles. Unreal Championship will also feature this sweet capability! Unreal will also present one man vehicles as well...but, any further news on what these vehicles are is still vague at this point. I imagine a lot more news will surface soon about Unreal Championship and the details that surround it! I can't wait!! :D

Brevity
03-14-2002, 07:57 PM
Alot to like here. I thought the whole sniper mode thing sounded cool. What about you? What aspect of this game makes U want to jump 4 joy or Cry,,,as if the last where possible.:cool:

fanofslipknotib
03-14-2002, 09:48 PM
****...I wish I didn't read that story. Now I can't wait! It seems like it will be such an awesome game, that will probably take a bit getting used to.

If you read that story, then you know what I am talking about here. Anyways, it says that you will start with weapons you earned. I doubt anyone will want to play this online the first week or so, as they don't want to get beat. Most will probably wait until they have a good arsenal of weapons.