PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy GUNVALKYRIE??

wweomaniac
03-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Yes its spelled GUNVALKYRIE (all CAPS). Most people probably know that I am ecstatic about buying GUNVALKYRIE when its released on MARCH 19.

before I buy the game, I just want a general opinion on what people think aboot the game. I dont want to put any subliminal messages in my post to make people buy GUNVALKYRIE. "BUY" Please "GUNVALKYRIE" tell me what you think of the game and whether or not you will be buying it.

The xboxaddict preview has hella lots of pics. I think youll find them interesting. If you viist xbox.ign.com, youll find wicked videos. They are free (well the first 4 :) )

LynxFX
03-14-2002, 05:18 PM
What type of game is this?

monkeyman
03-14-2002, 05:20 PM
im sorry to say but i dont think ill get

GUNVALKYRIE

looks caps and in big letters and also i think i spelled it right:D

everyone better be proud of me:mad:

LynxFX
03-14-2002, 05:24 PM
Only thing I know is that VALKYRIE was one of the maidens of Odin who chose heroes to be slain in battle and conducted them to Valhalla. Guess she is packing a gun now or what?

wweomaniac
03-14-2002, 05:25 PM
ahhhhh. Well... the link is http://www.xboxaddict.com/ or http://xbox.ign.com/articles/136/136255p1.html .

Its an action game where a hot chic is brought to fight enemies and she is also given a jetpack.

l Maximus l
03-14-2002, 05:29 PM
I'm not too sure about this game...I'd have to learn much more about it.

LynxFX
03-14-2002, 05:31 PM
The screenshots aren't that impressive. I think I'll pass on this title until official reviews are made or I at least play a demo.

wweomaniac
03-14-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
The screenshots aren't that impressive. I think I'll pass on this title until official reviews are made or I at least play a demo.

Well.... there are plenty of video demos to be seen. OXM gave this game an 8.2/10 on its April Review.

Is 8.2 good enough?

LynxFX
03-14-2002, 05:41 PM
I'll wait for real gamer reviews and tons of them instead of one sites. And by demo I meant playable.

Kooster
03-14-2002, 06:42 PM
The next demo disk of OXM should have a demo of this game. I'm gonna wait and play the demo, and if I like it I might buy it.

mahalan
03-14-2002, 06:46 PM
What I saw of it on the OXM demo disk didn't impress me. Unless the game turns out to be MUCH better than what I saw, I'll pass there's too many other great games I need to get to first.

maneatingcow
03-14-2002, 07:56 PM
Just for the skinny on GUNVALKYRIE:

You can play as a girl with a gun, or a man with a sword
The controls are a bit complex at first, but after time you can become quite skilled with them
In the game, you fight a CRAP load of bugs.... imagine blasting a swarm of bugs as they charge over a hill
The game has boss battles, and Smile Bit has officialy said, if it does well, they want to make the sequel on the XBox Online Network

Afro Aura
03-14-2002, 09:22 PM
Yeah I'll give it a go, all that Starship Troopers in there loved the film must love the game yeeeaahh BUG BASHING and it's a bit like Space Harrier

JADE8704
03-14-2002, 09:33 PM
what's this game about? anyone know? will it be just like armored core from ps2?

wweomaniac
03-14-2002, 10:21 PM
Even though Armored Core was wicked fun... no. In this game, you aren't a robot. You are however a girl or guy dressed up in high tech fancy schmancy gear (ie. jet pack).

I guess you can say its sorta like armored core, but it isnt. You strafe in the air and shoot bugs. The weapons look similar... but i dunno.

DOOM
03-15-2002, 08:51 AM
I Get A lot Of Requests For this At My Shop...
I Will Be Buying A Copy Of this Game From Myself!:)

JJaX
03-15-2002, 09:03 AM
I think the only reason the game score they way it did was because of its difficult control scheme. I love games that challenge me to my limit!

Remember Thunder force, whip lash and target earth. Now Those are some sega classics that were a challenge.

DOOM
03-15-2002, 09:07 AM
Thunder Force & Thunder Force 3 Were Great Games....
I Want My GV!!!:eek:

JJaX
03-15-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by DOOM
Thunder Force & Thunder Force 3 Were Great Games....
I Want My GV!!!:eek:

Not that GV and Thunder force are related. I just remember those games offering me a challenge.

wweomaniac
03-15-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Not that GV and Thunder force are related. I just remember those games offering me a challenge.

I dont have any idea what Thunderforce or GV are. Since you mentioned them in this thread, I think they must have some relation to GUVALKYRIE. Is the game for PC, because I think that I may be interested in trying it out.

wweomaniac
03-19-2002, 06:50 PM
Now that the games come out, what do you guys think???

I know a lot of people are more interested now. Wish you could change your mind eh?????