PDA

View Full Version : Fake PGR3 on eBay??

phuture 909
05-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Going by the previous thread about "real or not" with the PGR3, it looks like someone has a knock off on eBay right now. It has the green half circle at the top and that is a sign of a knock off from what i understood. If that is correct, and you have an eBay account, please take the time to report it and help prevent a potential, and possibly not intentional, fraud.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Project-Gotham-Racing-3-XBOX-360-Faceplate-NEW-RARE-/220782135031?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item3367a406f7

SpaceGhost2K
05-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Nope, that's legit. If there are knockoffs out there (which I still doubt), they wouldn't be in official Microsoft packaging, or even anything close to it. I've hear that there are two variations - a limited and a very limited - but I've only seen one kind of package ever and it's that one.

phuture 909
05-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Nope, that's legit. If there are knockoffs out there (which I still doubt), they wouldn't be in official Microsoft packaging, or even anything close to it. I've hear that there are two variations - a limited and a very limited - but I've only seen one kind of package ever and it's that one.

Ok help me out here. Going by this "fake vs real" thread: http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82246&highlight=pgr3

gh0st_r1der shows the same item at the first picture. It has the same green half circle at the top, did i misunderstand his post?

SpaceGhost2K
05-18-2011, 11:51 PM
To be honest, I think we're all just really confused on this one.

I just bought a bunch of plates from a guy who works at Microsoft in the products department, and one of the plates in the lot is a PGR3 plate in Microsoft packaging with the green tab at the top. There is no rhyme or reason why this guy would have a knockoff. Everything he has - everything - came through Microsoft channels.

I think there may have been two batches of them made - one with a tab and one without. They were probably all made by the same factory, and the factory was probably in Hong Kong.