PDA

View Full Version : How did the UK launch go?

Kilik
03-14-2002, 05:55 PM
I would really like to know because I'm interested in seeing it
kick the sh** out of the ps2. Sony has had it too good for too
long.I have personal reasons for saying this.

Halo of Flies
03-14-2002, 06:18 PM
Today has gone really well. I walked into town just before eight this morning to pick my XBox up and on the way XBox was mentioned on the radio twice. All through the daytime it was part of the news (with Richard Branson driving customers home in a limo etc.) and was also featured on several other programs.

Over the last week or so I have noticed soo many competions with XBoxes as prizes instead of the usual PS2. Most shops have allocated almost as much space to Xbox as they have for PS2 despite it having less games (they just have lots of multiple copies spread out). Also, all the game shop windows are covered with XBox posters with the occasional (small) MGS2 poster.

Most UK mags are giving space to the XBox and pushing the fact of how much more powerfull than PS2 it is. Halo has glowing reviews (obviously) and very good reviews for Rallisport, DOA3, PGR etc.

The next six months will be very interesting indeed!

thunderkiss2k1
03-14-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Halo of Flies
Today has gone really well. I walked into town just before eight this morning to pick my XBox up and on the way XBox was mentioned on the radio twice. All through the daytime it was part of the news (with Richard Branson driving customers home in a limo etc.) and was also featured on several other programs.

Over the last week or so I have noticed soo many competions with XBoxes as prizes instead of the usual PS2. Most shops have allocated almost as much space to Xbox as they have for PS2 despite it having less games (they just have lots of multiple copies spread out). Also, all the game shop windows are covered with XBox posters with the occasional (small) MGS2 poster.

Most UK mags are giving space to the XBox and pushing the fact of how much more powerfull than PS2 it is. Halo has glowing reviews (obviously) and very good reviews for Rallisport, DOA3, PGR etc.

The next six months will be very interesting indeed!

Hey, mate, were the lines long? Did it take you a while to get in to get your xbox?

Kilik
03-14-2002, 06:30 PM
It sounds like it was pretty exciting.

Halo of Flies
03-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
Hey, mate, were the lines long? Did it take you a while to get in to get your xbox?

Where I picked mine up from, no. The reason for this though is I pre-ordered it from the wrong place! The shop I used open 'early' - eight o'clock this morning, but another more popular one in town opened at midnight last night! The only good thing about my choice of store is that I got £50 worth of vouchers for games and peripherals.
So, I only had to wait about 20 minutes to get served. The store did say that ALL of their XBox consoles had been pre-ordered though so it must be going well.