PDA

View Full Version : Should they leave kenect out of main stream games

fenixseth
06-12-2011, 04:06 PM
kenect is good and all but with a house full of kids its not practical for me

Variation-XBA
06-12-2011, 04:50 PM
That has nothing to do with being in a main stream game though as it's optional. I could see your point if Halo or something was ONLY Kinect, but it's not.

Unreal
06-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Stuff like this is what they should do with Kinect if they are going to add it into main games. BTW, this is how MS is adding Kinect to Forza 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74xZHnCZlS0&feature=feedu

Eckilrack
06-12-2011, 09:40 PM
I think they should leave kinect out because I personally dont like the kinect but as lomg as you can still play with just the controller its fine with me.

Steeps5
06-13-2011, 01:39 AM
I completely support it being optional. The developers can sell more copies that way honestly. This allows for all types of gamers to have some kind of interest in more popular games by adding Kinect.

What I don't get, is why so many people are bashing on Kinect in these games when it's COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, you can just unplug your Kinect if you don't want to use it in certain games.

If you don't have one altogether, why bash on new ways for other people to play games?

RalliArtEvo
06-15-2011, 12:48 AM
I completely support it being optional. The developers can sell more copies that way honestly. This allows for all types of gamers to have some kind of interest in more popular games by adding Kinect.

What I don't get, is why so many people are bashing on Kinect in these games when it's COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, you can just unplug your Kinect if you don't want to use it in certain games.

If you don't have one altogether, why bash on new ways for other people to play games?

can I respond to this? or is my post going to magically dissapear again even though i've been on topic...:confused:

fenixseth
06-16-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm not bashing the thing my kids love it it's just E3 seemed to have games that supported kenects to hide the other flaws imo i can do without it in Ghost Recon FS and Fable to name a couple

SpaceGhost2K
06-16-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm not bashing the thing my kids love it it's just E3 seemed to have games that supported kenects to hide the other flaws imo i can do without it in Ghost Recon FS and Fable to name a couple

Um, did you happen to see the non-Kinect aspects of Ghost Recon? How could they possibly be using it to hide "other flaws"?

Games should should offer as many options as possible to the gamer, and people need to learn that just because they CAN do something in a game doesn't mean they HAVE to do something in a game.

If you can "do without it" in Ghost Recon, then by all means, don't use it when you play Ghost Recon. That's not that hard, is it? But the people who would like to use it in Ghost Recon shouldn't have it taken away because someone else thinks it doesn't belong.

fenixseth
06-17-2011, 03:15 PM
the 2010 E3 Ghost Recon look 100% better the the 2011 version and the GR forums seem to be filled with contempt and anger towards ubisoft for the delay so in my opinion it seemed like it was thrown in to distact from the delays and i could be to soon to gripe but the fable i saw look like it was a rail game but to make it clear to everey one I'm all for it if it will truely enhance game play and not just a gimick thats all

SpaceGhost2K
06-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Molyneux has done his best to make it clear that Fable: The Journey is not on rails. They cut the demo short and people weren't able to see the non-linear gameplay. I suppose if you wanted to, you could make the case that the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 presentation also made it look like it was on rails. Nobody's brought that up, though.

fenixseth
06-18-2011, 01:32 AM
I realize that in order to finance the continued development of the technology we need to successfully commercialize it but are they putting kenect into some games to market it to the main stream games and hardcore gamers with out the proper application of the tec. i quess thats my main issue

Steeps5
06-18-2011, 03:03 AM
Molyneux has done his best to make it clear that Fable: The Journey is not on rails. They cut the demo short and people weren't able to see the non-linear gameplay. I suppose if you wanted to, you could make the case that the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 presentation also made it look like it was on rails. Nobody's brought that up, though.

There's been a Call of Duty game not on rails? What is this title? Never heard of it.

Conor
06-19-2011, 12:17 PM
kinect doesn't have a big fan base does it? so I think leave it out!:bang:

SpaceGhost2K
06-19-2011, 01:10 PM
kinect doesn't have a big fan base does it? so I think leave it out!:bang:

Kinect has over 12,000,000 unit fan base and is the single fastest selling electronic device of all time. Why would a developer NOT want to work Kinect functionality into their game?

Symmetric-XBA
06-19-2011, 03:04 PM
my personal feelings on this are that if they make kinect integration with more "hardcore" gaming experiences, that they make it a limited option. what i mean by that is ensuring that the quality of the title does not suffer because now devs are "forced" to find some way to shove kinect into the project. granted they may have sold over 10 mil units of kinect, but you need software to show support to the device. true they may have sold over 10 mil units, but how many of those units are collecting dust on someone's shelf?

while games like Forza 4 using kinect for head tracking, and mass effect 3 using it for voice control, this is a small step in the right direction. you don't need kinect to enjoy these titles, however, if you have one then you get a couple other options at your disposal for playing the game. Should they make games more 100% focused on kinect, imo no they shouldn't untill they have a proper model of how to "bridge the gap" for the more seasoned gamers.

Conor
06-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Kinect has over 12,000,000 unit fan base and is the single fastest selling electronic device of all time. Why would a developer NOT want to work Kinect functionality into their game?

Yes that's why I put a questionmark because I didn't know, it's not my thing

EMX
06-19-2011, 04:52 PM
They should make a kinect game that allows you play with endless amounts of boobs with a pair of virtual hands. I'm talking all different shapes, sizes, colors. They can call it BOOBS for NOOBS.

fenixseth
06-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Symmetric i guess sums up my views on it thank you and i agree you can sell 12 mill units but i woulg quess 1/2 are dust collecters

Variation-XBA
06-20-2011, 12:48 AM
So because you don't use yours means the rest of us don't?

PythonPuncher
06-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Watched the video. Gotta say that this does look like a ton of fun. Since I've played every incarnation of this series since the first, I will pick this up too.

As for the Kinect aspect of it ... I, too, see that Kinect is starting to get integrated into every game (or so it seems). I, on the other hand, agree with it. We as gamers typically can use the additional exercise.

In games like this I think its effects will be minimal, but still, I'm not against it.

SpaceGhost2K
06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
I think they should have as much variety as possible so people can choose. why would anyone want a feature removed?

ILLUSIVE
06-27-2011, 12:08 AM
I dont need camereas and voice recognition products in my living room or bedroom, keep it out. thanks

PythonPuncher
06-27-2011, 10:46 AM
I dont need camereas and voice recognition products in my living room or bedroom, keep it out. thanks

Ha! I find your statement as an amazing reflection upon your name. Well done.

I, on the other hand, favor anything that makes life more fun. I'm down with facial/voice recognition. Hell, I say lets move forward with DNA recognition, scent recognition and even PSYCHIC recognition!

:D

Conor
06-29-2011, 11:38 AM
They should make a kinect game that allows you play with endless amounts of boobs with a pair of virtual hands. I'm talking all different shapes, sizes, colors. They can call it BOOBS for NOOBS.

lol, you got a sick mind :p

RalliArtEvo
08-02-2011, 08:20 PM
I think they should have as much variety as possible so people can choose. why would anyone want a feature removed?

ever heard the phrase "jack of all trades, master of none"?

Kinect is turning out exactly like I predicted two E3's ago......