PDA

View Full Version : Making a trip to EB games

fenixseth
06-16-2011, 02:27 PM
I have an 120 gig white xbox anyone know the trade in for store credit and maybe 10-15 games

Enamelized420
06-16-2011, 02:55 PM
i've never wanted to trade in a console at Gamestop for the simple fact that you won't get to much for it.. You might check and see what they want to offer you and then put it up on Craigslist to get a little more out of it.

Same w/ the games as I know they rip you off on the prices and turn around and sell them used for more then double what they gave you for it. Just something to keep in mind or think about unless you just want to get rid of it that bad. Probably offer you like 125 for it all maybe more.

Symmetric-XBA
06-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Well here in the states our EB games offer a power up rewards pro card ($20/yr) and that gives you additional bonuses towards your trade in credit. Otherwise depending on the games being sold, that is what will make the difference in your price if you sell it via craigslist, etc..
I've laughed when i've seen collections being sold and ppl asking $300 and all they offer are old sports titles and burger king games.

Symmetric-XBA
06-16-2011, 03:47 PM
i'd prob. be interested in picking up the games collection though (depends though on what titles are offered).

Ainokeatoo
06-17-2011, 08:40 AM
If you have games that are somewhat new, that aren't sports games, then you should get a pretty good amount for your trade ins. Sure the turn in credit compared to the price they re-sell for is a pretty large gap, just think for a second. Had you sold it on Ebay, you go through the trouble of putting it up there, dealing with shipping and all the hassle that comes with it. EB/Gamestop are options, you don't get much when you trade one or two games, though with stacks like what you have, you'd get a good amount.

The console however, I'd probably sell that elsewhere.

fenixseth
06-17-2011, 02:45 PM
I live up here in northern ontatio and are heading down to Northbay to see Green Lantren 3D so I figured since I just bought the wife a new one I'll dump the old one and see if i'll have enuff for the Duke or American McGee's Alice as far as games they varry from FPS,RTS and RPG's thank guys

Ainokeatoo
06-17-2011, 03:15 PM
I live up here in northern ontatio and are heading down to Northbay to see Green Lantren 3D so I figured since I just bought the wife a new one I'll dump the old one and see if i'll have enuff for the Duke or American McGee's Alice as far as games they varry from FPS,RTS and RPG's thank guys

As long as they're not Sports games, because sports games don't sell for much bar a few franchises. If they're not sports games then it depends on the game and how new it is. The newer it is the more you will get for it, take Black Ops for instance, right now they're giving 25 bucks trade in per copy, compared to Battlefield 2 which I'm sure is only around 3-5 bucks trade in per copy.

So now it just depends on how new it is.

fenixseth
06-17-2011, 03:27 PM
the new ones my friend scope up quick lol we don't have a rental place here so its a buy or trade system here for games youcan get 30 a game but the older ones not so much

Symmetric-XBA
06-17-2011, 05:00 PM
well i'm interested in knowing what games you did have for sale. i sent you a pm but idk if you can access it yet. wow $30 per game trade in? nice.

fenixseth
06-17-2011, 07:17 PM
ya but those are like la noir and mortal kombat ,crysis 2 homefront stuff like that and my friends grab those i think i sent you a list nothing to write home a lot of oder ones

Symmetric-XBA
06-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Never got the msg.

Ainokeatoo
06-18-2011, 02:45 AM
ya but those are like la noir and mortal kombat ,crysis 2 homefront stuff like that and my friends grab those i think i sent you a list nothing to write home a lot of oder ones

Those are relatively new games you'd get a good amount if you trade them in all. At least you should.