PDA

View Full Version : Custom Faceplate Ideas?

Rlvers
07-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Hey, me and my friend were wanting to start making some custom faceplates, the only problem is that we dont have much good ideas. If you have any good faceplate ideas, please let us know.

XP

SpaceGhost2K
07-09-2011, 02:47 AM
Seriously?

There are two thousand faceplates in the database. Look at them all, and if you don't think of anything, it's probably not your thing. Just a hunch.

Rlvers
07-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Yea i know, and we have some ideas, and i dont want to copy anything. But i just wanted to see what you guys thought would be good ideas.

Variation-XBA
07-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Bubbles!

Symmetric-XBA
07-09-2011, 01:20 PM
one thing that would personally interst me would be a black faceplate with the ring from LotR around the power button, just a personal idea.

Dsdude
07-09-2011, 02:12 PM
one thing that would personally interst me would be a black faceplate with the ring from LotR around the power button, just a personal idea.

We can try that! I really like that idea! :)

Rlvers
07-09-2011, 02:15 PM

Would you like anything else on the faceplate or just a ring? you would like anything written? or another picture?

Symmetric-XBA
07-09-2011, 04:09 PM
well if you really wanted to go all out on that idea a bold gold font w/ some red in it and have it going across the underside of the disc tray that says "one ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them"

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080724233717/lotr/images/thumb/2/23/One_Ring_inscription.svg/500px-One_Ring_inscription.svg.png

keep in mind it would have to be small, or if you had a yellow power light a small inscription of that would be cool going around it inside the ring.

maybe putting some smoke coming off the wording, ring, or both but i think a nice grey smoke would compliment it well on a black faceplate.

SpaceGhost2K
07-09-2011, 10:11 PM
bubbles!

+1 :)

Dsdude
07-10-2011, 01:00 AM
well if you really wanted to go all out on that idea a bold gold font w/ some red in it and have it going across the underside of the disc tray that says "one ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them"

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080724233717/lotr/images/thumb/2/23/One_Ring_inscription.svg/500px-One_Ring_inscription.svg.png

keep in mind it would have to be small, or if you had a yellow power light a small inscription of that would be cool going around it inside the ring.

maybe putting some smoke coming off the wording, ring, or both but i think a nice grey smoke would compliment it well on a black faceplate.

wow. thats a tall order! I don't know if we could do that, but i like the LoTR theme idea. We could try and incorporate all those elements.

Variation-XBA
07-10-2011, 02:36 AM
+1 :)

lol, I knew you of all people would get that.... It was for you ;)

phuture 909
07-10-2011, 08:22 AM
- You can take your signature image of #11 Jonathan H. and try and duplicate it.
- Since you are a hockey fan, then try and do other team ones, maybe a stanley cup one (standing up orientation).
- If you are crafty, and can find them, you can stick a miniature hockey player to the power button(see spacey's collection he has some like that).
Ultimately, go for what you like to do, hobbies, entertainment, music related, etc etc.

edit::: I personally have been trying to come up with a graphitti style "recycle" symbol design with an image of earth on the power button. The Recycle symbol to wrap around the power button on a 3d angle... most in green. Possibly different shots of the continents and make one plate per... i just can't find the time.

Rlvers
07-10-2011, 12:23 PM
- You can take your signature image of #11 Jonathan H. and try and duplicate it.
- Since you are a hockey fan, then try and do other team ones, maybe a stanley cup one (standing up orientation).
- If you are crafty, and can find them, you can stick a miniature hockey player to the power button(see spacey's collection he has some like that).
Ultimately, go for what you like to do, hobbies, entertainment, music related, etc etc.

Thanks, thats actually a good idea, its something for us to ponder.

SpaceGhost2K
07-10-2011, 01:51 PM
If you're really going to give it a shot, these are what I would do:

Skyrim - black with the title and logo.
Bioshock Infinite - something patriotic with the logo. I'm nuts, though, so I might even have skyrails in 3D on the front of mine.
Mass Effect 3- Reapers attacking Earth. Maybe earth on the power button and Reapers in a corona-like shape around it like they are coming in for the first time en masse.
Batman Arkham City with Catwoman.